Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 266 total)
  • STOP REMAKING EVERY FILM EVER MADE YOU FESTERING, MALODOROUS, IGNORANT, FECKLESS
  • jekkyl

They could never remake Highlander because..  …. There can be only one.

chakaping
    Free Member

Isn’t Men in Tights just a remake of

Glad to see you’re keeping a sense of humour SR, that made me actually LOL.

King Arthur and his bunch of Cockney Rebels anyone?

What was that a remake of though? Excalibur is the only King Arthur movie I can think of.

kayak23

God damn travesty…

Drac

What was that a remake of though? Excalibur is the only King Arthur movie I can think of.

Whaaaat?

funkmasterp

Jackie Chan went down in my estimations for being in that pointless sack of shit. Still better than the fourth one in the original run though. Has there ever been a decent remake?

jekkyl

I enjoyed the new Robocop but it was a completely different film.

DezB
    Free Member

Has there ever been a decent remake?

AFI's Night at the Movies: The Thing header

The orignial Karate Kid was shite anyway, so who cares if there’s a crap remake?

deadkenny
    Free Member

Bring Robin of Sherwood to the big screen, same style, music, obviously different cast but keep the mythical and druidic elements. Doesn’t sell in Hollywood though. Glamour, rock star hero lead, action. That sells to Yanks who don’t know where Nottingham is (a few hours walk from Dover apparently, via Hadrian’s Wall!).

Anyway, more seriously, so many versions, why not a black guy playing Robin?

joat

I liked the gladiator one where they invaded nottingham forest with loads of boats somehow

You can definitely invade Nottingham Forest from a boat, it’s right on the banks of the Trent. Sherwood Forest on the other hand is a bit trickier, but many boats were designed to be dragged over land when meeting natural weirs and stuff. Anyway,  let’s have more Hood, it’s good for the east Midlands economy.

colournoise

Bring Robin of Sherwood to the big screen, same style, music, obviously different cast but keep the mythical and druidic elements.

That’s got my money.

sweepy
    Free Member

I take it you prefer the Erol Flynn version.

Prefer it? I think he was in it

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

😂

stewartc
    Free Member

Is there a remake being made, or film in general, without Wayne Johnson in?

Studios remake film, or re-imagine, as its a safe bet for getting their money back, however it can sometime lead to a better movie, examples being The Thing (as above), The invasion of the body snatchers, Little shop of horror, A fistful of dollars, The fly and Heat.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Is there a remake being made, or film in general, without Wayne Johnson in?

I believe he declined the chance to appear in a remake of “The Rock” as he didn’t want to get typecast

northernsoul

As no studio has managed to make a sequel that lives up to the original

Toy Story 2 (and 3) – at least as good as the first 🤔

Eraserhead is definitely due a hipster update. 🍗

nickdavies

I’m not raycisst , but I doubt there would have been a black guy about sherwood 900 a.d.

Someone didnt watch the first one…. morethan freeman might disagree.

Relax, it was years ago. Its not like spider man, how many times has that been remade recentley?!

Cougar

Bring Robin of Sherwood to the big screen

I’d watch that.

Drac

Someone didnt watch the first one…. morethan freeman might disagree.

Ermmmm!

rone

I live pretty much on the edge of Sherwood Forest, they’ve just replaced my childhood visitors centre with an RSPB visitors centre.

No one seems capitalise on the legend appropriately.

I say keep going until then do a good one – not that any money from the film is now going to flood the area.

lister

You’ve all missed the worst remake of all time!

Some sack of fetid dog poo thought that making another version of Swallows and Amazons would be a worthwhile project.

They ignored the perfect telling of a gentle tail that was made in a very quiet English way with a cast of believable actors and went ahead with it.

I had the misfortune to see a trailer for the new monstrosity a few years ago; there was a train chase and planes and a Russian spy.

Feckers. If you want to make an action film based of a weird, twisted biography of Arthur Ransome then fair enough but leave the Swallows and Amazons out of it.

AND THEY CHANGED TITTY’s NAME! 🤬

The only time I’ve ever sent a rude message on Facebook was after viewing that trailer. I may have said that I hoped the film bankrupted everyone involved 😬

funkmasterp

Never knew that The Thing was a remake. Brilliant film. The first Karate Kid is bad good the remake is just plain bad. Anyone remember how the shitty Russell Crowe version of Robin Hood started out? It actually sounded really good. Role reversal where the Sheriff is the good guy. Think it was called Nottingham and there were scripts kicking about online at one point.

nedrapier

Not a film, but i’m enjoying the new Sabrina the teenage witch on Netflix.  Watched the firs one expecting it to be just something to stare at when I looked up from writing a couple of emails, but it’s actually pretty good.

chakaping
    Free Member

I actually campaigned (well, set up an anti- FB page) against one movie remake (albeit of a 1970s TV show which spawned a spin-off movie), to no avail of course.

My only consolation is that it bombed at the box office…

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=thesweeney.htm

toby1

Hollywood is doomed, there’s very few movies out these days as good as they used to be. I think the end of it as an industry was the making of the Smurfs movie FFS, it was crap anyway!

molgrips
    Free Member

i’m enjoying the new Sabrina the teenage witch on Netflix.

It’s top draw Netflix progressive social agenda pushing once again, and a good show to boot. But it’s not really a remake of the 90s show because they are both from an earlier comic.

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

“Totally , have yet to watch a decent spiderman movie.”

No, no, no, no, no!!!!

Sam Raimi cracked it for me. To be fair there is not a lot he can do wrong in my eyes. Maybe have to be a fan of Raimi’s previous work to get the humour, but even if you didn’t get that – Kirsten Dunst as MJ made me want to be Spiderman.

kelron
    Free Member

I can never accept Robin Hood as anything other than an anthropomorphic fox.

BillOddie

Could be worse they could be turning another Theme Park Ride into a movie…

Oh hang on…

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0870154/

Yes, of course it has Dwayne Johnson in it.

hols2
    Free Member

Don’t worry OP, there are multiple sequels to Avatar coming out over the next few years, that’ll save you from having to watch remakes.

From Wikipedia:

Two sequels to Avatar were initially confirmed after the success of the first film; this number was subsequently expanded to four.[303][304] Their respective release dates are currently December 18, 2020, December 17, 2021, December 20, 2024, and December 19, 2025.[32] Cameron is directing, producing and co-writing all four; Josh Friedman, Rick Jaffa, Amanda Silver, and Shane Salerno all took a part in the writing process of all of the sequels before being assigned to finish the separate scripts, making the eventual writing credits for each film unclear.[305][306][307][308]

Filming for the first two sequels began in September 2017 and is expected to continue into 2018;[309][310] the filming of the following two is expected to start as soon as Avatar 2 and 3 wrap filming. Sam Worthington, Zoe Saldana, Giovanni Ribisi, Joel David Moore, Dileep Rao, and CCH Pounder, are all reprising their roles, as are Stephen Lang and Matt Gerald, despite the deaths of their characters in the first film.[311][312][313][314] Sigourney Weaver is also returning, although she stated that she would play a different character.[315]

New cast members include Cliff Curtis and Kate Winslet as members of the Na’vi reef people of Metkayina, and Oona Chaplin as Varang, a “strong and vibrant central character who spans the entire saga of the sequels”.[316][317][318] Seven child actors will also portray pivotal new characters through the sequels: Jamie Flatters, Britain Dalton and Trinity Bliss as Jake and Neytiri’s children, Bailey Bass, Filip Geljo, and Duane Evans Jr. as free-divers of the Metkayina, and Jack Champion as a human.[319][320]

Although the last two sequels have been greenlit, Cameron stated in a November 26, 2017 interview: “Let’s face it, if Avatar 2 and 3 don’t make enough money, there’s not going to be a 4 and 5”.[318]

chakaping
    Free Member

The Sam Raimi Spiderman film was a pretty decent effort, but I think the nub of it is that Spiderman is essentially a bit crap.

johnx2
    Free Member

Alan Rickman who I won’t hear a bad word about

I’ve got three: truly, madly and deeply

Drac

But it’s not really a remake of the 90s show because they are both from an earlier comic.

The remake is from a comic remake. It’s very dark certainly not the Disney version.

technicallyinept
    Free Member

There’s a two-part adaptation on Watership Down on the way 🙁

https://inews.co.uk/culture/television/watership-down-bbc-remake-release-date-cast-list/

Rory Aitken, executive producer at production company 42, told The Telegraph that they were toning down the violence this time around. “While we won’t shy away from the darkness in the book, visually it won’t be as brutal and scarring,” he said. “The idea is to bring it to a wider family audience. While Watership Down is never going to be for young children, it will be for the whole family to watch together.”

retro83
    Free Member

rmacattack
    I’m not raycisst , but I doubt there would have been a black guy about sherwood 900 a.d.

That’s where you’re wrong

tpbiker
    Free Member

Well you will all be pleased to know a gladiator sequel is on the way.

Jaws 2 was alright, not as good as the greatest movie of all time but still not bad in its own right

Versions 3 and 4 not so much..

neilnevill
    Free Member

What is the Cohen brothers version of True Grit like?  I recorded it recently, do I bother watching it?  Usually I like their stuff…. And it’s True Grit…. But no JW so it’s it true grit, or just meh?

maccruiskeen

Talking of films you might not have known were a remake – ‘Airplane’  is a remake – pretty much scene for scene and word for word

molgrips
    Free Member

Not so much remake as pisstake.

chakaping
    Free Member

Talking about utterly pointless remakes (and the Coen bros)…

martinhutch

What is the Cohen brothers version of True Grit like?  I recorded it recently, do I bother watching it?  Usually I like their stuff…. And it’s True Grit…. But no JW so it’s it true grit, or just meh?

It’s well worth a watch. Such a different style to the original rather than a slavish remake.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 266 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.