Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 266 total)
  • STOP REMAKING EVERY FILM EVER MADE YOU FESTERING, MALODOROUS, IGNORANT, FECKLESS
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

ASSHATS!

Whatever happened to any sort of originality?

perchypanther
    Free Member

Normally I’d agree with you but in the case of Robin Hood, I’m happy for them to keep trying until they make one good one

molgrips
    Free Member

Which film is this a remake of?

You know, when they remake a film, you can still watch the old one.  Or old dozen or so in this case.

There have been good remakes anyway.  The Fly with Jeff Goldblum in it was a good one. Also invasion of the body snatchers iirc was a remake, no?

funkmasterp

Robin Hood films are made all the time. It’s not a remake it’s just another interpretation of the legend. If they ever touch Back to the Future though I will cry

Drac

I take it you prefer the Erol Flynn version.

rene59
    Free Member

I just seen earlier that they have remade Papillon. Papillon FFS! Do they think they are going to improve on Steve McQueen and Dustin Hoffman?

chakaping
    Free Member

Someone with a Kevin Costner mancrush has got a bee in his bonnet.

ross980
    Free Member

TBF the bar isn’t set very high if comparing to Prince of Thieves (excluding Alan Rickman who I won’t hear a bad word about)

CountZero

Which film is this a remake of?

You know, when they remake a film, you can still watch the old one.  Or old dozen or so in this case.

This. They are new versions of an old story. Of course, there are some films which are original, some are good, and it’s difficult to imagine it being done better, but sometimes the original is dire, and is begging to be remade by someone with a clue. The Kevin Costner version is so full of plot holes it could easily be redone.

I really want a new version of Zelazney’s Damnation Alley, the first and only one was utter crap.

kennyp
    Free Member

Saw the trailer for the new Robin Hood film last week while we at the cinema. It looks utterly awful. Woeful beyond belief.

jonnyboi

Big trouble in little China, starring Dwayne Johnson

wordnumb
    Free Member

Men in tights?

molgrips
    Free Member

If they ever touch Back to the Future though I will cry

Actually, that could be pretty good I reckon.  Originals look dated now.

nicko74

Which one are you raging about? Errol Flynn? Kevin Costner? Men in Tights? Russell Crowe?

bukobuko
    Free Member

Star trek films are all much the same,

Bad guy tries to kill humanity, Kirk saves the day in a Space ship.

slowoldman

There’s talk of remaking Clueless. Now that really is a travesty.

nickc

Ah, the curse of the Public Domain Character…

rmacattack
    Free Member

I’m not raycisst , but I doubt there would have been a black guy about sherwood 900 a.d.

squirrelking
    Free Member

Normally I’d agree with you but in the case of Robin Hood, I’m happy for them to keep trying until they make one good one

Er, they already have.

Men in tights?

Exactly.

funkmasterp

If they ever touch Back to the Future though I will cry

Actually, that could be pretty good I reckon.  Originals look dated now.

They are a product of the time though. I’d be interested to see a different take on them as opposed to an attempt at remaking them.

edhornby

We need a fresh Spiderman

rmacattack
    Free Member

Totally , have yet to watch a decent spiderman movie.

Drac

Er, they already have.

Merak

@OP

U OK HUN?

molgrips
    Free Member

I’d be interested to see a different take on them as opposed to an attempt at remaking them

That’s the point of a remake isn’t it?

welshfarmer

Well I have just found out that I have been cast as Robin in our local valley Panto. I hope I can do the remake justice. I im to emulate Errol Flynn where possible 😉

chakaping
    Free Member

It’s not eight o’clock yet, there’ll probably be a new one before 9pm.

Then another on Tuesday,

revs1972
    Free Member

I’m not raycisst , but I doubt there would have been a black guy about sherwood 900 a.d.

Should have tried harder in history.

There were black people in Britain around the time of the Romans

13thfloormonk

Taking of Pelham 123 – all the remake added was an explosion and John Travolta looking like he was chewing a wasp all the way through. Insulting pointless.

chakaping
    Free Member

That’s the point of a remake isn’t it?

The point of a remake is to generate money for a movie studio, hopefully in a less risky manner than with a new film property.

Artistic considerations rarely figure highly.

In the case of Spiderman, Sony remake it so often in order to prevent the movie licence reverting to Marvel (IIRC).

Kryton57

Crikey. Paper clip sales down this quarter are they?

DezB
    Free Member

I’m happy for them to keep trying until they make one good one

To be fair to CFH, this one does look almost as terrible as the Kevin Costner one.

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Totally agree with flashy here. Some remakes are just total tosh and seem hell-bent on destroying any decency within the title ( King Arthur and his bunch of Cockney Rebels anyone?) Or the Point Break monstrosity….

A remake should be sensitive to the original or at least be slightly betterer.

SaxonRider

Isn’t Men in Tights just a remake of

SaxonRider

Actually, a serious remake of American Flyers could actually be quite good!

rene59
    Free Member

Big trouble in little China, starring Dwayne Johnson

A ‘continuation’ apparently, not a remake. Still sounds shite though.

doomanic

As no studio has managed to make a sequel that lives up to the original why would anyone think they’d manage to do anything other than screw up a remake?

Mikkel
    Free Member

Best Robin Hood is the Sean Connery one

Drac

As no studio has managed to make a sequel that lives up to the original why would anyone think they’d manage to do anything other than screw up a remake?

Aliens and Terminator 2.

A remake should be sensitive to the original or at least be slightly betterer.

Silent?

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

I liked the gladiator one where they invaded nottingham forest with loads of boats somehow

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 266 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.