Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Stoopid question – obtaining scaffold pole x 1 or 2
  • scaredypants

Now I could nick ’em from a site I guess 😳 but otherwise what do I do – approach a geezer on a truck with a few quid or what ? (and what’s a few quid?). Is it actually possible for a member of the public to buy new somewhere ? (I see you can on ebay, even with delivery (pretty steep, obvz!) but that just seems ridiculous when the stuff’s everywhere)

They don’t have to be pretty, just fairly clean and straight.
    What do I do ?
    Couple of 10 or 15 ft ones would do fine

TheBrick
    Free Member

I just went to a scaffolding firm. Asked and they sold me a few. The one I went to would not sell used. £1 a foot new. Try not to go early when everyone is Trying to leave or late when everyone is trying to unload/ reload and go home obveosuly.

zzrmatt
    Free Member

As above, I just turned up at the yard in a quiet time and they were happy to sell boards etc.

deadslow

Curious as to what to OP is planning?

singletrackmind

I want a 5ft length as well to support a chain hoist between 2 6×2 timbers

nealglover
    Free Member

Curious as to what to OP is planning?

A 10 or 15 foot wide half pipe ?

scaredypants

OK, thanks y’aw – seems there’s a scaffolding firm registered (on google) a few hundred yards away from my house at a residantial address. Might just go & knock on the door at some point, hopefully he can bring his work home with him

those who’re wondering: see Project Baylon

johndoh
    Free Member

I stole some when I last needed some. But I was 14 and I was just making a homemade chopper 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Stoopid question – obtaining scaffold pole x 1 or 2’ is closed to new replies.