Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Stooge Mk3?
  • jupiter
    Free Member

Any news ( i think/hope it arrives in the next couple of months?). What would you like to see, or just keep it the same?

postierich
    Free Member

My Ti Stooge has landed just got to sort a weekend to exchange 🙂

vondally
    Free Member

Pictures yet Mr postierich?

cokie

I’d like to see a couple new models, rather than just 1.
    1) Mk3: Very little change- Lighter, more reach & slacker HA, 2 sizes.
    2) Trail frame: A nod to the original, but 44mm HA, designed around 120-130mm fork, 30.9mm seatpost, longer & slacker. 2-3 sizes.

I’d buy one of each.

postierich
    Free Member

no pics yet 🙁

120/130mm Fork 😯

still 27.2 😀

Kamakazie

Oooh I’d buy that trail… Would make an excellent AM hardtail.

akira

Postierich what forks on the to stooge? Been eyeing up the fat bikes for a while.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

I believe it’ll have a 44mm headtube and shorter stays.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

And there will be two sizes.

postierich
    Free Member

I,ve gone for some Travers xc prongs boost

bonesetter
    Free Member

Stooge is a small outfit, so can’t see too many variations on the theme

Stooge philosophy has always been simplicity, which means rigid fork being integral

tazzymtb

I ran the mk 1 ss only frame with 100 and 120mm forks, Long offset g2 version and it was an absolute monster. Also used as a rigid plus bike, 29er, monster cross…

Great bikes and some really exciting stuff coming out of stooge soon 🙂

jupiter
    Free Member

Slightly longer top tube, slightly bigger bottom bracket drop, slightly slacker head angle and new colours.

bruceonabike
    Free Member

I’ve heard great things about the Stooge but it’s too small for me so two sizes sounds good if one is bigger than the current single size.
    However I’ve just bought a Stanton Sherpa so not in the market for n+1 for a while.

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

I love mine, but would like it too be slightly bigger so i could run a dropper, then it would be perfect.

Also mounts on the forks.

postierich
    Free Member

planning on running a KS dropper on mine and the forks have the 3 mounts in place.
    Gone 142 bolt through on the rear and boost on the front might go pick it up soon now I,ve busted my ribs after last nights ride 🙁

jonestown
    Free Member

seeing as you asked, here’s a little info on the MK3. First off, they’re being made at the moment, i’d like to say 3 months away but these things have a habit of dragging out a little. So, 2 sizes – the current size with a 18″ seat-tube and a 23.5″ top tube, and a 20″ with a 24.8″ ETT and slightly taller headtube. 44mm headtube, tapered steerer steel fork, 15mm shorter chainstays (430mm + or – 7mm due to EBB), fatter downtube, slightly fatter top tubes. I’ve stuck with a 27.2 post because of the comfort, plus there are plenty of 27.2 droppers available now.This new one is optimised around B+ because i love the way it rides, but you can still run 29 rear/29+ front if you want.

Why a 44mm headtube? Couple of reasons really, a lot of people wanted to run a carbon fork on their MK2’s but couldn’t, and the axle to crown of the fork is the same as a sagged 120mm B fork or a 100mm 29er, so if you really wanted to you could.

This very nearly didn’t happen because of Brexit and the weak pound, it’s added a huge amount to the bill compared to the MK2 so the price is going to have to rise i’m afraid, but it’ll still be cheaper than anything else out there. I think its going to be a rad bike in some very splendid colours, though i do need to keep some secrets until the frames drop 🙂

cokie

Oh boy! Best of both worlds, Andy.
    Congratulations on what I think is a blend of what I wanted.
    Best of luck. I’ll certainly be in contact when these are out.
    Will you be doing pre-orders?

jonestown
    Free Member

eh up Cokie, yeah, it think it’ll ride really, really well, the chainstays are shorter than the MK1 so it’ll really want to fly off and over things. I’ll probably do a pre-order on the larger size, i’m only bringing 30 of those in, 10 in each secret colour 🙂 I’ll post of FB and the usual suspects if i decide to do that.

rOcKeTdOg

Add me to that list for a 20″ please, sounds very interesting

bonesetter
    Free Member

I love it when a new bike comes together

And this one sounds rather fun indeed B+

(who were saying the other day + doesn’t work and will fade away??)

andylaightscat
    Free Member

what will dropout spacing be please

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

Keep me posted on the 20″

I take it the seat stays will be higher? That was my problem with posts they where on there limits.

ads678

I’m interested in an 18″, was looking at either a Solaris or sherpa but I Like the stooge style. The option for susspension is also a good one for me.

I might have to wait a bit longer for a new frame….

postierich
    Free Member

First glimpse of my new frame very excited 🙂
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/Rf77n6]Untitled[/url] by Richard Munro, on Flickr

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Stooge Mk3?’ is closed to new replies.