• This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by PH1.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Stone walls – Black mould solution?
  • jools182
    Free Member

I’ve just been out on the bike

I have all my cycling clothes in the bottom drawer of the wardrobe

Pretty much all of them smell mouldy, so I took the drawer out and there is black mould on the wall behind it

The wardrobe is on the outside wall, but because of the room layout it’s the only place it can go

I was wondering if we used insulated plasterboard on that wall if it would help at all, at the moment i think the plaster is just on top of the stone

Only other thing I thought about is a ventilation unit in the loft, something like this

I think the washing machine is going to be getting some hammer trying to get the smell out of all my gear 🙁

jam-bo

Raise the temperature or reduce the humidity level.

I live in an old solid stone house and installing a nuaire drimaster has transformed the house.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Have a look through here, without details of property or lifestyle it’s a little difficult to see where the moisture is coming from, where it’s supposed to be going and the real reason for condensation and mould forming.

PH1

I’d second the nuaire drimaster i have fitted them in 2 houses,they are the best solution for stone houses.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Stone walls – Black mould solution?’ is closed to new replies.