Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Stolen? What do you think
  • fotorat
    Free Member

Picture this…..

Swindon Town centre today 2nd June, 1245 hrs, cycling is banned from TC (so thats one law broken already) but never the less this kid is weaving through the shoppers with a chain so dry and loud I turned to see what was approaching….I immediatly ID a Cdale in worse than shocking condition, and think thats not right – why would someone buy an expensive bike and do that to it, very dodgy.

Anyway the spotty oik parked it up just infront of me and I couldn’t believe it!

XTR kit and CrossMax wheels –

anyway if you think you know who this belongs to let me know and I will see if I can recover the bike for them

this lot would have cost well over £1000 a few years ago–its got to be nicked…

andywhit
    Free Member

My god, that headshock gaiter!

<cries>

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

He’s locked it up though, . . he ain’t daft!!

Mackem

They look like SPD´s from here, do burberry make SPD compatible loafers now?

fotorat
    Free Member

wwaswas

no one’s mentioned the state of your towns brick paving yet?

fotorat
    Free Member

the block paving is the least of our worries – making back to your car without being knife robbed is a plus.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

no self respecting male biker would fit a womens super wide saddle either.

nukeproof
    Free Member

Possibly stolen but probably not…I’ve got a 1999 Klein Attiude with old xtr: probably not worth more than a couple of hundred quid now but worth a lot more to me. Bikes get old and lose their value but, instead of ending up on the scrap heap, they end up on eBay or get flogged on as hack bikes or commuters. The lifecycle of a bike 😉

thepodge
    Free Member

some people aren’t bike snobs and so they don’t mind if their bike looks tatty, some people earn too much and don’t care if they have to spend a grand every 2 years because its not a big deal to them

bike in tatty condition does not mean stolen

Eccles
    Free Member

If it’s in Swindon it’s probably been nicked somewhere down the line. And that includes the tree, which I personally reckon the council’s had away from Reading when they weren’t looking.

Nice use of a pie plate on the crossmax.

whippersnapper
    Free Member

bike in tatty condition does not mean stolen

very true, but then there is sentimental value too – I have a 1995 Explosif which I can’t bring myself to lock up in London cos it ‘might’ dissapear pretty quick.

Looking at that lock in the photo above that bike wouldn’t last 5 mins in London, or Bristol, or Taunton (what ever happened to the bloke caught with STWers help by the way) from what I have read here the last few weeks.

RealMan
    Free Member

If it’s in Swindon it’s probably been nicked somewhere down the line. And that includes the tree, which I personally reckon the council’s had away from Reading when they weren’t looking.

LOL.

My mate had his bike nicked out his front garden when he went in for a few minutes to get something hed forgotten.. he saw it locked up a few weeks later, but couldnt do anything about it (no tools). So we just slashed the tires instead (was only a cheap bike).

mikey-simmo
    Free Member

Spotted along the canal side in the west yorkshire area a set of Fox Vanilla’s RL on a bike worth practically sod all. Almost fell in.

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

I saw some pikes on what looked like a carrera in Hythe a couple of weeks back.

sharki
    Free Member

Stolen bike bits posted on here, the next day i had the bugger on camera, one day later he was arrested..

As thepodge said, just because it’s old and tatty it doesn’t mean it nicked.

My bike id like that most of the time, and i happily weave through the pedestrians (good training).

That dale is in the big ring and has wellego spds, it’s not nicked it’s a hack bike/wifes bike.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Stolen? What do you think’ is closed to new replies.