Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Stolen Today
  • rsvktm

Garage ‘opened’ in the night by some kind persons. Following were taken:

Scott CR1 pro 2008 standard build other than Fizik saddle

Santa Cruz Juliana, frame in Gangrene 1 week old, 40th birthday present for my wife. King headset, Reba forks, SLX Double and Bash, XTR elsewhere, Hope pro 2 wheels, Avid Juicy Carbon brakes

On one Inbred, 14″, Reba forks, mixed finishing kit

Turner 5 spot, Blue 2005 Horst link, Pushed Coil pikes, Van R, King Headset Nukeproof 20mm front wheel. Mix of XTR and XT, Avid Juicy Carbons

Also taken was a Trek 2.1 wsd, now recovered that was found nearby by a lorry driver. He rang the bike shop off their sticker, gave the serial number and they rang me. Can’t go collect as no sign of police as yet, 12 hrs after reporting, but it has been assigned…

All bikes were chained and ground anchored, did not stop them. Also KTM supermoto gone missing as well.

If anybody sees or hears anything please contact me. Thanks

Archaic
    Free Member

Sorry to hear that fella but where did they go missing from?

Tiboy

Where are you based? Might help the right people keep their eyes open

peteimpreza

Give us a location and the collective might be able to help

rsvktm

Based near Tadcaster, North Yorkshire

Thanks

At least they left me my Shonky Inbred to do the SS Champs on

Tiboy

Sorry to hear your news though, hopefully they’ll turn up and the kind people will get a stay in a ‘hotel’ in return for their kindness

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I’m only in Garforth but work at Thorpe Arch. I’ll keep me eyes peeled as I go for a walk at lunchtime.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

& I work in one of those ‘hotels’ Tiboy mentioned.

rsvktm

Thanks Essel,

Looks like might see CSI in the dark, still no police.. Wouldn’t mind if they just said that not a high priority but to be told don’t touch anything as we might be able to take some prints some 13 hours ago is maybe a bit silly.

Be nice to just make it all secure and have a drink.

Gooner
    Free Member

sorry to hear that
    i live in east leeds and work near tadcaster so i will keep my eyes open

Daffy

Also in Leeds and will keep an eye out. Got any pictures?

crispedwheel
    Free Member

6 bikes in total (including the KTM supermoto) – sounds like a van job doesn’t it? did your neighbours see anything? Also like they scoped out your place beforehand.
    Sorry to hear your news as well – that’s shocking

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Were you in at the time? How did they break the chain?

Just goes to show who nosey’s in when your garage door is open. Worse still, who’s following you home after your ride?

zaskar
    Free Member

Bar stewards!

rsvktm

Police just gone, not a bad response time. 15 hours. Icing on the cake to get a call from shift boss at 10.30pm to ask if ok to wait another hour as they like to get to incident within 2 hours not realising that it was reported at 8am and not 8pm…. Much apologies later, appears been left for them from an earlier shift and then not allocated. Nice.

Chain, bolt cutters. Overnight, nobody heard a thing. Not even the dogs next door. Taken out of a steel back door that was pinned and locked, how they got the ktm out of there I don’t know. No way to get a van that side, police reckon on local toe rags on foot. We have no passing traffic at all, down a little dead end lane.

samuri
    Free Member

bummer. Sounds reasonably professional though, obviously taken the expensive stuff and your defences were quickly and quietly broken. Not sure that covers local toe rags but someone has clearly seen you about on the bikes.

shoefiti
    Free Member

I know it’s like shutting the garage door after the bikes have bolted – but i do here this sort of thing happaning an awful lot – and i’m fully aware that this is of precious little help or comfort to you know but if i had (and i do) have that amount of nice kit in my garage i’d think about (have already) intalled:

The annoying noise they produce will at least wake your neighbours and scare the blighters off.

Why don’t people fit them out of interest?

CTML
    Free Member

Jesus christ thats terrible!!!! 5 bikes in one night definitely sounds like someone has been watching you for a while. Sorry about the news…

rsvktm

Thanks everyone.

Alarm was fitted, thunder storm killed it whilst away on holiday abroad a while ago ie couple of years. Neighbours unable to contact Secondary key holder, alarm kept going all night. Unhappy neighbours. So went the way of ground anchors et al.

Alarm is to be re fitted and back door sealed up, means I have much more limited access to a workshop behind but needs must.

Also police were saying unfortunately it is all to easy to ‘purchase’ and carry a crowbar and pair of industrial bolt cutters.

mk1fan
    Free Member

Unhappy neighbours

So what and that may sound harsh, it’s not as if you did it intentionally.

Sorry for your loss though. Never nice.

mildred

A mate has recently had his Cannondale Gemini and his wife’s Kona (dawg I think) stolen from a similar setup to yours – he lives just the other side of York. Possibly same team doing these breaks.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

There have been a lot of (road) bike thefts in York in the last couple of weeks..

People have been followed home and targeted..

The biggest pisser is that they know you will be insured, and then wait 6 months and come back to get yer replacement…

Bastids.

Drop me a line rsvktm….

Mrtrotter
    Free Member

rsvktm. Drop me a line please. can't see your e-mail in your profile. Think I might have seen one of your frames for sale on e-bay recently.

firestarter
    Free Member

sorry just read this a blue horst link turner recently sold on ebay frame only. Based in leeds. There was a link on here earlier today asking if it was a scam it was a marin bike but in the thread someone posted the turner link. Good luck mate

firestarter
    Free Member

sorry just read this a blue horst link turner recently sold on ebay frame only. Based in leeds. There was a link on here earlier today asking if it was a scam it was a marin bike but in the thread someone posted the turner link. Good luck mate

snowpaul
    Free Member

sorry to hear that

paul

Zukemonster
    Free Member

well that seller has only sold 9 mtb's in the past 90 days. Surely that is normal?

rsvktm

That is my frame, mark was make by being careless on the bike rack. Police and Insurance company wil be informed this morning. Thanks guys, had been watching e-bay for a while but had missed this.

firestarter
    Free Member

nice one mate good luck. Getting a result

acjim
    Free Member

good stuff!

rsvktm

Cheers

Wait and see what happens now that singletrack has once again provided info to the police.

Thanks again, however I seem to be all 😈 once more

tinsy
    Free Member

lets hope something comes of it. going to bump my stolen thread back up now to remind people to keep an eye out for me.

The anger is awful isnt it, I feel your pain.

Mrtrotter
    Free Member

That's the one I spotted. Check the guys feeback though. Looks like he already sold it and someone left feedback. The auction title has been changed to "xxxxyyyzzz"

rsvktm. Still drop me a line as I may have more info!

Digger90
    Free Member

rsvktm – Pls contact me soonest.

I bought your bike on eBay. It has been recovered by the Police. I have the name, tel no and other details of the person who sold it on eBay.

My email is simonpearson AT yahoo DOT com

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘Stolen Today’ is closed to new replies.