Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • STOLEN STW bikes!
  • cinnamon_girl

So sorry to read this Hannah and Amanda, what a terrifying thing to happen. Fingers crossed that the Police will take this seriously and especially as it isn’t an isolated incident. Sending good wishes to you both and that Amanda’s bike turns up soon.

nickc

Hope you guys are getting back to normal…

Has there been any more news from the Cops? they must have traced the car by now surely?

spoonmeister

As others have said that’s terrible news! Hopefully the police get to the bottom of it and it’s good news.

I’m happy to donate some parts I’ve got knocking around if that’s the route taken.

teethgrinder

Got a medium 27.5 BFe with dropper, Hope brakes, 160mm Yari, XT M8000 doing nowt if needed.

andybrad

maybe you could organise a stw marking day?

chrisyork

Really gutted for you, I sadly know how it feels. Live in a sleepy village and we were targeted the day before a weekend riding in wales ON MY BIRTHDAY. £8k’s if bikes stolen, never seen again…..I have heard of people being lucky though so fingers crossed for you

Big-Bud
    Free Member

Absolutely shocking news and something I couldn’t comprehend.
    Once the grief is gone you will be thankful I’m sure that you both didn’t get hurt as by the sounds of it there prepared to risk a lot .
    What method of equipment was used for them to remove any locks and what locks where they or did they find it easier to destroy whatever the bikes were locked too.
    I find it incredibly how brazen people can be .
    I pray for good news and there safe return

stwhannah

We did get a seemingly useful lead and some photos of our bikes being used to offer them for sale, however the Police have been unable to get enough cause to search premises unless invited in…which of course means they’re not there. We believe our bikes are most likely in the Bradford or Mixenden area, so please look out for anything on local community sales groups on Facebook etc.

Our stolen bikes, dammit.

digga
    Free Member

Of all the things un-taxed, uninsured cars are used for, balaclava-clad smash and grab bike thefts is toward the more extreme end. Not a nice experience I am sure – sincere condolences.

However, any and every un-taxed, uninsured car plays fast and lose with other people’s safety and property. Get involved in a collision with one and your losses – be they damage to property, or personal injury – will not be recoverable.

A quick tour of police social media chanels reveals the scale of the problem. It’s not even that uncommon to get a “full house”; un-taxed, uninsured, vehicle defective, driver banned and/or no licence in the first place. Whilst the police patrols are able to get some of the offenders, it seems the tech in speed cameras needs to be enhanced to identify offending drivers. Too many innocent parties pay the price at present.

duncancallum

Amanda I have a medium titus elqupo sat their your welcome to borrow that

woody2000

Mine ended up in Thornton after being stolen in Brighouse.  Found them on Gumtree shortly after, police didn’t give a monkeys to be honest, and again 6 months later when they popped up for sale once more.  I have seen one of the bikes locally 3 months ago, they were stolen in 2015!  Thankfully M&S insurance were top notch, but not everyone is so fortunate.

Good luck 🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘STOLEN STW bikes!’ is closed to new replies.