Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Stolen MACCLESFIELD Santa Cruz and Giant
  • RickDraper
    Free Member

Santa Cruz Solo CC and Giant Anthem

Very distinguishable.

£3k reward for any information that results in the return of both the bikes.

If neither are found I hope the thieves die of Ebola.

matther01
    Free Member

Gutted for you. 🙁

Can you post pics and specs so we can all keep an eye out?

RickDraper
    Free Member

Not got any pictures go the Anthem but that was a X3 IIRC and is size small.

Solo is the following spec:

Medium 2015 colours,
    Kashima shock,
    Pike shortened to 135mm,
    Light Bike carbon rims,
    Hope hubs in Purple,
    Formula R1 racing brakes,
    XX1 Groupset,
    Reverb seatpost,
    Easton Havoc Carbon bars,
    Fizik Gobi braided carbon saddle,
    Maxxis Ardent and High Roller 2 tyres.

RickDraper
    Free Member

Both bikes have now been found this morning.

bearnecessities

Tremendous news; that’s a hell of a bike to be aleviated of.

jmatlock
    Free Member

Holy Shit! How come they didn’t take the Nomad as well Rick?

Thank The Lord you got them back.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

Great news rick! Glad you are to be reunited! Result!

cb

I’m in Macc too – any hints on how they were taken? Followed back from the Forest or such like?

EDIT – rude of me – glad you got them back!!

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

They were not take from house or followed, so don’t worry on that front 😉

AlexSimon

Good news!
    If there are any details that can help us protect ourselves in future, let us know (Bollington here).

Wally

Fantastic news and yes – one hell of a bike, lovely understated quality.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

Il let rick explain, if he chooses, but it was opportunistic, not planned or anything to do with riding spots etc! All I will say is try not to leave bike unattended for any period of
    Time, especially if your not stood by it! I expect the scum that pinched them had no idea just how expensive the solo was tbh

Just be aware folks anywhere and try not leave stuff unattended ( sad world we live in)

No need to worry about forest etc as far as I know it was very opportunistic

cruzcampo
    Free Member

I’d like to hear how was taken, got a mate round Macc way. Cracking news and lovely bike too!

gamerriley
    Free Member

Yep ridden Macc Forest few times myself. If there’s anything we need to look out for please share 🙁

pbooker1995
    Free Member

Fantastic News. That solo is bloody lovely!

M6TTF
    Free Member

Glad they turned up! Think I’ve seen you around and about on the trails

agent007
    Free Member

Since a few of us ride Macc Forest on a regular basis if you could please let us know how they were taken and how you found them again then that would be great? Were they left in a car on view and unattended or perhaps outside the Leather Smithy?

AlexSimon

Were they left in a car on view and unattended or perhaps outside the Leather Smithy?

Blimey – that’s a leap!

santacruzsi
    Free Member

Glad you got them back. Local here too, down in Bramhall.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

Don’t panic folks, it’s nothing to do with forest etc as I said before, it was opportunist at most so don’t panic, not in car/house forest etc

If rick decides to tell all then it’s upto him, just be vigilante leaving them out of sight unattended that’s all! It can happen that quickly/easily regardless where you are/ part of the country

But he wasn’t robbed at knife point or follwed home etc so it’s just one of those opportunistic things

agent007
    Free Member

If rick decides to tell all then it’s upto him

Would be nice if he could, seeing as he’s asked us lot for help in tracking down the said bikes and all that 🙂

Alpha1653

…just be vigilante…

I don’t think I can think of a more apt spelling mistake, especially given that’s exactly how I’d be if someone tried to nick my bikes!! 😀

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

Lol sorry criminals on the mind, you know what I meant 😉

Alpha1653

😀

craighill
    Free Member

I’m guessing they wasn’t stolen from his home , knowing ricks collection the anthem would be last on my list, unless the crims knew that little about bikes, would be nice to hear how they went and found so quickly, gives us a glimmer of hope that they can be found I suppose

matther01
    Free Member

A couple of kids took them for a joy ride…but then kindly returned them?

nwill1
    Free Member

I appreciate he doesn’t want to explain how they got nicked (clearly left unattended for a moment) because he might get a slating on here but would be great to hear about how they were tracked down…police, locals searching, etc.

Either way very nice bike and pleased he got them back!

RickDraper
    Free Member

Sorry yesterday was a mad rush and I had to come to New York with work in the evening so not had time to update everyone.

The bikes were both chained up outside the Kings Head pub. Yep I know using a expensive bike to go the pub on blah blah but I was only intending on going to The Church House pub but then later on we ventured to the Kings. Came out at 2.30am to no bikes, we had been popping out every so often to check on them.

Seems like whoever stole them came to there senses the following morning and placed them somewhere not very far from the pub in a semi visible place so they would be found.

Anyhow thanks everyone, we have out bikes back and you learn from your mistakes. I’ve never felt so angry, or pissed off with myself and the scum that nicked them, at least they did the right thing and neither bike has any damage.

gamerriley
    Free Member

Very lucky 😀

M6TTF
    Free Member

Sounds possibly more like a drunken practical joke – either way, glad you got them back

RickDraper
    Free Member

Someone heard some people saying they were going to steal the bikes and they passed the details onto the police. Don’t really think there was anything practical joke about it tbh.

matther01
    Free Member

Very valuable…but thankfully inexpensive lesson learned!

bearnecessities

yesterday was a mad rush and I had to come to New York with work in the evening

Oh la-de-dah fancy pants. Well I had to unexpectedly travel to Wigan from Bolton the other day, so, well, yeah, that. 😉

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘Stolen MACCLESFIELD Santa Cruz and Giant’ is closed to new replies.