Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • **Stolen** Dialled Prince Albert – Dorking Train station
  • reximusprime
    Free Member

Waiting for a pass to be able to store the bike in the new secure shed thing I stupidly left my bike locked up in the ‘normal’ bike bit…
    and now it’s gone – it’s a bright orange steel frame ( quite old now ) hardtail , bought from head for the hills about 9 years ago – did most things in it including takeoff my kids on the back ( which seems to be what’s most upsetting me now thinking about it…)
    It also doesn’t have the ‘Prince Albert’ sticker anymore on the top tube..
    It has a grey sdg saddle and reasonably new black lock-in grips— I feel so stupid for leaving it … gutted.

Any way if anyone in the area sees anyone with an old dialled Prince Albert for sale or something let me know !

Thanks — 🙁

View post on imgur.com

tuskaloosa
    Free Member

sorry to hear op, will keep my eyes peeled

stevemcculloch
    Free Member

I did try to send you a private message but i think i have found your bike it was dumped in my front garden today in Redhill check your messages i sent you my phone number

Steve

Poopscoop

Wow, that’s a result ofr it is the op’s bike.

Fingers crossed!

flashinthepan
    Free Member

Yes quite a result if it’s the OP’s bike.

We should keep bumping the thread till the OP tells us he’s got his bike back.

jonnyboi

Bump!

stevemcculloch
    Free Member

He is yet to reply to me

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

He’s not been on since his post. Just keep bumping it.

allthepies
    Free Member

If you google reximusprime and Dorking then you’ll quickly find his identity, Instagram, Linkedin profile etc.

stevemcculloch
    Free Member

I have found the instagram profile but i cant message him on it

Cougar

I’ve emailed him.

Theoretically the PM should do the same thing, though a direct email is less likely to get caught in spam filters I suppose.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Fingers crossed.

reximusprime
    Free Member

Wow … it’s my bike – this guys an absolute star ! So sorry I haven’t been back to look and seen this sooner – had kind of given up tbh…

Gonna have to think of a good reward !

Andy-R

Superb!!

velocipede
    Free Member

Wow – that’s great news!!

Presumably the tea-leaf decided he didn’t want the bike – result!!

stevemcculloch
    Free Member

It was a little damaged so i guess he just pinched another one. Pleased it has found its way home though.

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Good result!

jambalaya
    Free Member

🙂

jonnyboi

sweet result

theflatboy
    Free Member

This thread is most extraordinary.

shermer75
    Free Member

b

CalamityJames
    Free Member

*likes*

DezB
    Free Member

I can only deduce that it was stolen by someone on this forum! Someone who knew the OP was on the forum and knew stevemcculloch was also a forum member who would get the bike back to him! How else could this happen????

jamj1974

DezB – Member
    I can only deduce that it was stolen by someone on this forum! Someone who knew the OP was on the forum and knew stevemcculloch was also a forum member who would get the bike back to him! How else could this happen????

I think your Sherlock Holmes deductive skills must be on the blink for once…! 😉

blader1611
    Free Member

Yep, sounds like an inside job to me 😀

stevemcculloch
    Free Member

I googled the stolen bike and came up with a thread on singletrackworld and only then joined so i could message him, so that throws the aforementioned theory out of the window i am afraid lol . Plus if i could have got through to the police ( on hold for nearly 30 mins before i hung up) and reported it to them i wouldn’t have done my detective work and managed to get hold of the guy.

PiknMix
    Free Member

Brilliant work Steve

blader1611
    Free Member

Tremendous work steve, very good of you.

doglover
    Free Member

Nice.

allthepies
    Free Member

For a bike thief, you don’t sound too bad.

<joke!>

stevemcculloch
    Free Member

😆

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

*Shares*

Oh, hold on….

*Likes*

Oh, bugger.

oink1
    Free Member

Nice one! 🙂

Poopscoop

Great result guys.

Restores your faith in human nature!

eulach

stevemcculloch is a hero.

firestarter
    Free Member

And the award for best first post ever goes to… 🙂

chilled76
    Free Member

Dear bike thieves who stole all my bikes a few years ago. Please could we leave them in a friendly forum members garden for me?

Yours sincerely

Mr Chilled76

matt_outandabout

So the OP has his PrinceAlbert back where it should be?

*Sniggers*

reximusprime
    Free Member

Back in between my legs yes ….

But in all seriousness this was amazing . The orange chap is back – would love to know where he slept … and how the rear mech was completely bent upwards, rear brake hydrolic ripped out and rear tyre punctured … must have been a rowdy ride …

Not that I’m complaining, but I just don’t really get the senselessness of it …

PiknMix
    Free Member

Do you need a new mech? I have a couple of old ones knocking around. I’ll post you one free if it helps.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

The topic ‘**Stolen** Dialled Prince Albert – Dorking Train station’ is closed to new replies.