Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • STOLEN – Derby
  • al2000

Had my shed broken into last night, Darley Abbey area of Derby, and the **** have stolen the following :

2002 Cove Hummer, full M970 XTR, King headset, Deore brakes, rigid Surly forks, red Pro2 Hubs, Schwalbe Big Apple slick tyres. I’ve had this frame from new, and it’s been all over the place with me in many different guises. Gutted.

Brand new Production Privee OKA frame, large, classic black and silver + RS Revelation 650b forks. Fork steerer uncut. Also had Easton Havoc bars and Syntace stem, XT brake and XTR shifter on iSpec mount attached. Had this less than a week. Gutted.

Please keep em peeled – thanks.

alcolepone
    Free Member

Damn, Sorry to hear.

Will keeps eye peeled…..

al2000

Pic of the OKA – it was partially built with Revelations and Easton bars when it got stolen.

Rockhopper
    Free Member

I think I’d be wondering who knew you had that new frame…

orena45

Gutted for you Alex, hope they turn up safe and well soon 🙁

fr0sty125
    Free Member

That’s shit! I live about a mile away so I will look out for them.

al2000

Thanks all (and hi Andy, been a while, hope you’re well).

Rockhopper – not many people knew, and no-one even remotely shady.

dvatcmark
    Free Member

Sorry for your loss, hope they turn up again.

There seems to be a lot of targeted (bike)burglerys in our area at the moment, wonder where they are getting the info from.

alcolepone
    Free Member

ok, posted info up all over facebook……

Neil C got his bike stolen, but due to the unique color got spotted by a friend being ridden by someone who had recently “purchased” it. I’m trying to find out where this person “bought” the bike from, as other stolen bikes may turn up in the same place.

al2000

Thanks Al, a few other people are sharing it as well.

orena45

Yeah I’m good Alex, hope all us good with you (apart from the bike stuff obviously).

I’ve posted on FB FAO my old Derby lot and got Cycle Derby to retweet so hopefully that’s a few more people keeping an eye out!

iain1775
    Free Member

Have also shared around FB, there seemed to be a few local incidents in the last couple of nights, saw a few posts about bikes stolen around Chellaston/Shelton lock as well

Might be worth an early morning trip round the various car boots tomorrow morning, Willington, Measham etc

al2000

Evening bump.

Thanks to everyone who has shared / tweeted.

sprocker
    Free Member

I am derby area will keep an eye out, gutted for you. Both very distinct bikes

rumbledethumps
    Free Member

Derby here, so will keep an eye out too. Real shame on the Hummer! They’re proper rotten bastards.

al2000

Thanks. I’m properly angry about both of them, but it’s the Hummer that I’m particularly upset about – had that bike for years and ridden it in so many different places, and have loads of great memories and now some **** has stolen it.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘STOLEN – Derby’ is closed to new replies.