Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • Stolen @ Cannock on Sunday: KTM Lycan 272
  • st

Whilst the judicious use of signage can’t be neglected the onus on looking after property must rest with the owner. Comments regarding a lack of signgae just point to deflecting personal responsibility on another party.

It’s yours, you paid for it, you enjoy it and you will miss it if it’s gone so you need to look after it.

It’s a pity to that people then revert to doing down the local area. Rugeley is actually the nearest town (not Cannock) and yes whilst it’s no highbrow centre of culture it’s actually not a bad little town with a good and positively active community. Scumbags exist everywhere and when a honey pot full of high value easily saleable kit is created it’s bound to draw them in.

Fingers crossed for some positive news on the KTM.

scruff
    Free Member

ahh, the beauty of Rugeley.

MrsToast
    Free Member

It’s a pity to that people then revert to doing down the local area. Rugeley is actually the nearest town (not Cannock) and yes whilst it’s no highbrow centre of culture…

Aye, it’s not been the same since they stopped doing the rock nights at the Red Rose Theatre. 🙁

scruff
    Free Member

Shirley that was Emo nights?

st

ahh, the beauty of Rugeley.

Yes sorry, my bad.

somouk
    Free Member

In case the OP wasn’t aware, Chase Trails have shared this on their facebook page as well so fingers crossed someone spots it.

hora
    Free Member

If I ever use the cafe, my bike comes in with me!

Ditto my road bike. If I need a piss I’ll try and be discreet but I’ll do it al fresco too.

In general thieves tend to gravitate to nicer areas/where the kit is to be taken.

The exception is probably Leeds where they’ll steal from anything/anywhere and anyone.

fervouredimage
    Free Member

Whilst the judicious use of signage can’t be neglected the onus on looking after property must rest with the owner. Comments regarding a lack of signgae just point to deflecting personal responsibility on another party.

No they don’t. There is no suggestion of blame being placed elsewhere or that a lack of signs make it the fault of the centre/cafe etc. Political correctness gone mad? Go on. You know you want to.

scruff
    Free Member

my bad.

I’m embarrassed for you.

walleater

^Someone’s even stolen the bottom of those cooling towers….

Good morning Scruff.

scruff
    Free Member

Good Afternoon Will.

cruzcampo
    Free Member

If you absolutely have to leave bike, but can do it where it stays in view how about putting it into granny and then dechaining at the front ring OR taking front QR wheel into cafe etc

Not as ideal as staying with it, or locking up, but would stop those hop on and ride off before you can do anything about it moments.

discoduck
    Free Member

I ride Dalby fairly regularly, about 2 years ago I sat outside the cafe watching all manner of bikes turn up, the combinations of Jenga like structures that were being assembled were great, all in an attempt to deter the theft of a bike.

As I sat there wondering about what I would do if my bike were nicked I had a brain wave ! I got up and popped my quick link on my chain and took it off my bike, pedal off on that fooker !
    Within 5 minuits countless other folk did exactly the same thing.

A few Months later I was at Llandegla feeding my fat face at their cafe, I walked over to my bike and slipped the chain off, hey presto !
    Most other folk did exactly that,

I’d love to see some scrote jump on a bike with no chain and try to make good their escape.

cliffyc
    Free Member

Use the chain as a lock (quick link only),if you don’t carry one. You might get a little chain lube on the frame but oily bike better than no bike!. 🙂

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

i normally end up cussing and swearing at trying to remove quick links…..soooooo.

I just don’t leave it, close and not out of sight, very simple.

discoduck
    Free Member

Cussing and swearing is part of my every day vocabulary even on a Sunday so a few choice words wouldn’t stop me from splitting mine ?

Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘Stolen @ Cannock on Sunday: KTM Lycan 272’ is closed to new replies.