Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Stolen! Bristol – Cove Stiffee 69er and Rocky Mountain Altitude 50
  • robinhood
    Free Member

Unfortunately, my friend had his garage broken into last night and the two below bikes stolen. He lives in Oldland Common and the thieves bent the garage door out of shape (to get it over the garage door defender) and then ripped a wall anchor out of the wall (attaching the Altitude to the wall). Unlikely, but the Altitude may still have a thick armoured cable lock still attached to it’s frame.

He’s totally gutted, especially for the 69er as it was a very limited edition from 2003. Worringly, he lives in a dead end road and appears to have been targeted specifically for the bikes as they made a great deal of effort/noise to get in (they made no attempt to get into the house through an internal door) – he has only recently bought a roof mounted carrier and has used it 3 times in the past few weeks for Ashton Court and the Forest of Dean….

Rocky Mountain Altitude 50:
    Fox 32 Float RL forks
    SLX chainset
    XT rear mech
    SLX front mech
    SLX shifters
    Formula Ora K24 disc brakes
    Wheeltech (front) Deore (rear) wheels
    ITS tyres
    RaceFace Deus seatpost
    RaceFace Altas bars
    RaceFace Evolve stem
    SDG Bel Air titanium saddle

Limited Edition Cove Stiffee 69er:
    One of only 69 made
    Cove Stiffee FR frame, light blue
    Fox suspension forks
    RaceFace cranks
    XT gears
    XT wheels
    SDG saddle
    Raceface XY seatpost
    RaceFace Deus stem
    RaceFace handle bars
    Hope disc brakes

If seen, please contact police asap – Staple Hill (D district) Priority Crime Team on phone number 101 (the new 0845 number)

I’m trying to post pics, but struggling – will work it out in a minute

robinhood
    Free Member

Can’t seem to show a pic, but here’s the links to flickr

Cove Stiffee 69er

RM Altitude 50

boxfish
    Free Member

Eyes peeled in BS7/BS1. Was going to suggest the Bristol Stolen Bikes website but I see you’ve already sorted it.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    colande
    Free Member

[img]http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7011/6766959779_01f55ef08b_b.jpg[/img]

richiethesilverfish
    Free Member

Gutted for you friend.
    As the suppliers of both of those bikes we’ll keep our eyes and ears peeled on the off chance that we get contacted.

zomersetglider

feel your pain fella, absolute ****!
    I’ll keep an eye out.

Equally Ive had my Orange Crush nicked from a historically secure bike park last week from Emerson’s Green. I see your also utilising the Stolen Bikes Bristol website.

robinhood
    Free Member

Richie,

Don’t suppose you have any of the 69ers left, gathering dust in the corner of your warehouse?………

richiethesilverfish
    Free Member

Sorry Robinhood we don’t.
    I still have all the original spec sheets, etc that we used though so if I can assist with any info just let me know.

Sorry I can’t be more help.

MrAgreeable

Ahem… 🙂

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/stolen-in-bristol-cove-stiffee-69er-and-rocky-mountain-altitude

Sad to say that there seems to be a lot of theft, some opportunistic some targeted, going on in Bristol again right now.

This one got nicked today, it’s a Zumbi F-44 DH bike with Ti hardware and a custom pearlescent paint job.

http://www.stolenbristolbikes.com/2012/01/lawrences-zumbi-f-44-ti.html

TooTall
    Free Member

zomerset – where in Emersons if I can ask? I’ll be keeping an eye out in the area anyway.

MrAgreeable

Tootall, I think this one went from his workplace, but I don’t really want to say any more as it could be putting other people’s bikes at risk. Seems like yet another example of a “secure” lock-up that’s actually anything but.

robinhood
    Free Member

Mr Agreeable, I hear the Zumbi above has been recovered by the owner which is a result. Do you happen to have any further details on this which may help in the recovery of my brother in laws bikes? Many thanks.

MrAgreeable

Yes it was recovered yesterday. Mail me on stolenbristolbikes@gmail.com and I’ll fill you in.

play
    Free Member

I’ve got a 69er frame and a few of the original parts which i could part with if your mate wants another one. Email in profile if interested.

If he knows what number his frame was it, it should be easy to identify.
    From the photos the one that was nicked looks like it’s still got most of the original parts on it. I’ll keep any eye out.

robinhood
    Free Member

“play – Member

I’ve got a 69er frame and a few of the original parts which i could part with if your mate wants another one. Email in profile if interested.”

Play – I’m not very good at this forum/thread stuff – I can’t seem to see your email in your profile….. I’ll ask him. Out of interest, what size is it?.

play
    Free Member

They are all the same size and color, 17.5″ / blue.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Stolen! Bristol – Cove Stiffee 69er and Rocky Mountain Altitude 50’ is closed to new replies.