• This topic has 17 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by poah.
Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Stolen Bikes – Southampton
  • richen987
    Free Member

Hello

Thought this may be a good place to have an ask on the off chance somthign turns up.

I had my garage broken into last night and all my bikes stolen. I live on the outskirts of Southampton.

Bikes have been reported to Hampshire Police and serial frame numbers etc. have all ben registered and logged.

They are not that common (i think) so may be some hope of recovery

If by chance you do see then please PM me or email ric_hen987 (at) hotmail.com

much appreciated,

Richard

Details:

1. Santa Cruz Highball C – Grey & red, XT Di2 group-set and Red Industry Nine Torch Hubs on Stans Arch (gen 3), thomson carbon bars, use carbon post, schwalbe addix tyres

2. Cannondale Slate Ultegra – grey, lety oliver, schwalbe G-one, Mavic wheels, si crankset, use suspension seatpost

3. Marin – Team Marin (retro bike) no pics unfortunately, was my first race bike.

hopefully links to pics

Santa cruz

Santa cruz

Untitled<script async src=”//embedr.flickr.com/assets/client-code.js” charset=”utf-8″></script>

nixie

Bump

Hope you get them back rich.

DT78
    Free Member

Sorry to hear this will keep a lookout.  Any idea if you were targeted for the bikes or just unlucky?  Saw the Police put a warning out a few weeks back about shed thefts.

richen987
    Free Member

Thanks, Appreciate it.

yes we have had a load around us, had taken extra precautions but still got in.

apprently crime rate has soared recently due to a lot of police being in Basingstoke and going to help out in London.

scaredypants

which part of the outskirts ?

I’m 10 miles out but will keep a lookout – they’re pretty noticeable bikes

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Other end of the county from me, but eyes open of course.

Worth a ring round and email to the bike shops in the area. As a above, they’re distinctive, and the sort of thing a bike shop might spot.

Shit news, but best of luck!

jamj1974

Bastards!

mattbee

What a bunch of arse

The only plus is that your brakes are set up so ‘grabby’ that hopefully they will lock them up, crash & get hit by a car!

poah
    Free Member

what security did you have in the garage – I’ve got a ground anchor and still paranoid about theft.

richen987
    Free Member

They’re not grabby Matt, they just work 😃

have them double locked and chained to a running machine that’s bolted to the floor.

I am on the M27 side of Southampton, basset green road.

Having asked around apprently been at least 8-10 garages on the estate done in last week. So obviously targeting th area.

wouldnt take a genius to work out I have bikes as I rode to work a coup of days a week and 2 night a week as well.

Thanks for all the replies much appreciated

rich

burko73

thats a bummer. will keep my eyes peeled.

what had you locked them up with and how did they make entry/ do the locks etc?

Always makes me worry when I hear about this stuff close to home.

ps – whats happening in basingstoke?

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

I am on the M27 side of Southampton, basset green road

That’s not good. I’m also in Bassett. Will keep eyes out. Probably somewhere on the Flowers estate…

richen987
    Free Member

If you are on this side of Southampton it is worth checking your security, I don’t think they were opportunistic as they had disabled the security lights and we have the door on a motion alarm.

So not totally stupid.

Have now ordered gates and cctv, which is a bit the horse has bolted, but should help with new bike security.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

ps – whats happening in basingstoke?

The usual…

burko73

Sounds like a pre planned heist then.

Lots of (decent) bikes stolen in the New Forest from the campsites over the summer so far. Even those that have been locked to cars etc. Decent bikes have gone but rubbish ones have been left.

Worth being aware of.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

They seem to be ‘proper’ bike thieves rather than just **** like the ones that got mine. Probably safely stored in a shipping container by now unfortunately. The best chance of getting them back is if the police find the container. New bike time i guess.

cobrakai

Had the wife’s trek remedy 8 stolen from our shed a couple of months ago in Bishops Waltham. Camel back with tools and spares stolen but power tools left behind. Definetly mtb targeted.

Been searching ever since to see if it pops up on eBay, gum tree etc but nothing.

Can’t help but think they’re probably abroad now.

poah
    Free Member

have them double locked and chained to a running machine that’s bolted to the floor.

they damage the running machine?

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Stolen Bikes – Southampton’ is closed to new replies.