Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Stolen Bike – Whitley Bay – 20 Jan
  • nobbingsford

I realise this is probably futile, but just in case…

My 13 year old son’s bike was stolen yesterday afternoon from outside his school (Whitley Bay High School) at 15:02.

It’s a dark blue Trek Xcaliber 7.

He only got it last May, just after his birthday.

It was stolen along with 3 other bikes, all locked up to one of the dedicated bike racks they have well inside the school grounds, which are themselves supposedly secure (full fencing, locked gates during the day, etc). The suggestion he’s heard among his friends is that a sixth former (who are allowed to come and go as they please during the day), might have left the school site and failed to make sure the gate was closed behind them. A couple of blokes have seized the opportunity to nip in and swipe 4 bikes.

The school reckon they have good CCTV of the thieves and have passed this to the police. I’ve also given them the details I’d logged on the Bike Register website (so I have its frame number) as well as some photos of the bike from when it was new.

I know we’ll never see it again, but worth a try publicising it as wide as I can in case anyone comes across it.

The boy’s gutted, as he loves that bike and will now have to walk from school until we get something else sorted. 😕

nobbingsford

This is it in the garage when he’d just got it last May.  Only difference from this pic, is it now has an ascend dropper post fitted.

Dickyboy

That really sucks 😡

fazzini

Bastards

nobbingsford

Just a bump for the lunchtime crew…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Stolen Bike – Whitley Bay – 20 Jan’ is closed to new replies.