Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • STOLEN.
  • white101

Its almost Christmas time and thieving scumbags needs presents as well so in the early hours of today my garage was broken into and the bikes have gone.

Although my rockhopper was getting on (01 model) I had put new wheels and disc upgrades on it in 09 and the OH uses it for getting to work most days, its gutting.
    My stumpy was an 05 FSR120 in bright red with a few little upgrades here and there.

I’ve sat looking through photos of me on the bike from all over the UK this morning (the police wanted them to help ID bikes they come across), all those memories, that’s the worst thing I wont ever spend time with that bike again and we’d been through a lot together. Feel kinda sad more than angry.

The weather is gorgeous here today and I had a day out planned in Chopwell Wood tomorrow. 🙁 I even treat myself to some new winter gloves yesterday, bugger

dirk_pumpa
    Free Member

Chin up lad!

Time to start looking for a new steed I think 🙂

Bregante

Gutted for you and I hope you get them back.

But on a point of order: it is not in any way, shape or form – almost Christmas.

ashfanman
    Free Member

Sorry to hear that – were they insured?

all those memories, that’s the worst thing I wont ever spend time with that bike again and we’d been through a lot together.

Bike technology has moved a long way since 2005, so just try to focus on how amazing your new bike will be, and all the great new memories you’ll make riding it! 🙂

bones76
    Free Member

with all these bikes going missing am gonna look into insurance, God only knows how much that will cost as i have four decent bikes…!!!

Gutted for you mate…

PMK2060

white101 – sorry to here about the bikes. it happened to me last year so I know how you feel. hope you have bike insurance. if not you may be able to claim on your garden and contents insurance as this is what I did.

white101

Cheers all, didnt have specific bike insurance but they were covered by the house insurance, hadnt ever thought of special insurance just for the bikes, which is my own personal crime as there are more stolen threads on this site than owt else, lesson learnt the hard way.

I will start looking this week, but I doubt the insurance will ever cover the real value of the bike to me.

boxfish
    Free Member

Thieving scumbags 👿

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘STOLEN.’ is closed to new replies.