Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Stocks and Shares – which go-to websites for trading advice?
  • Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

as title..

tah

peterfile
    Free Member

If you are looking for general advice about trading then fool will provide you with the basics.

If you are looking for advice as to where to stick your money, you may want to speak to someone in a professional capacity. Unless you’re just doing it for fun though, in which case I can recommend a few penny stocks which are just about to EXPLODE 😉

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

please
    😆

chiefinspector
    Free Member

+1 for Motley Fool.

lodious
    Free Member

Moneyweek, Daily telegraph and newspapers generally. Let’s be honest though, if there was a reliable website that told you exactly where to put your money to make a massive profit, we’d all be mega rich. 🙂

Kamakazie

iii is a useful site.
    Very active community but you will soon learn to take 99.99% of the discussion with a pinch of salt.

ridethelakes
    Free Member

Share magazine is very good, much better than Moneyweek IMO.

Rickos
    Free Member

Hargreaves Lansdown are good.

http://Www.hl.co.uk

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Beware, retail financial services is full of charlatans!

But in answer to your question, I would recommend Hargreaves Landsdowne

Ops x post!

peterfile
    Free Member

if there was a reliable website that told you exactly where to put your money to make a massive profit, we’d all be mega rich.

Like I said earlier, I have some VERY STRONG inside info on some AIM listed stocks.

Seriously, these are about to go through the roof. I’d advise piling in asap.

bedmaker

What are they peterfile?

v10
    Free Member

Yes.. do share 😆

ononeorange

Suggest you either do your own research or get proper advice. Everyone has a dead cert opinion

ianv
    Free Member

I am not sure that now is a good time to be buying shares, shorting them maybe.

LHS
    Free Member

For the basics use a company like Hargreaves Lansdown, they are one of the best big brokers and negotiate a lot of good discounts on many of the larger funds.

Don’t trust any of the forums on any of the websites, its full of wanabees. If you really want rock solid advice, pick a sector and make it your hobby, learn all you can, look at trends etc and then make well judged decisions rather than a piece of advice from a guy sitting on the internet somewhere 😀

mudshark
    Free Member

I use Hargreaves Lansdown – have a look at their Wealth 150.

For more indepth analysis and ratings see if you can register at Close Brothers.

shifter
    Free Member

Buy low, sell high. Ftse has been doing well lately…

skink2020

The golden rule of the Amateur investor is NEVER EVER EVER READ THE FORUM.
    Trust me….
    Also never buy an AIM share. EVER.

peterfile
    Free Member

Also never buy an AIM share. EVER.

Except for the ones I’m on about. Seriously. The word on the street is that they are going to SKYROCKET.

ianv
    Free Member

What makes hl any better than any other online stockbroker . Cheaper trades, more analysis?

Macavity
    Free Member

Nobody does more analysis then Bloomberg. But you need a Bloomberg terminal to see it though.

acidchunks

Beware, retail financial services is full of charlatans

True, I work for one of the big firms and we’re **** useless.

As I understand it HL are top dog for good reason.

Mantastic
    Free Member

Spread your risk in a stocks and shares isa, just had my annual statement through. 16% up on last year= not bad. In fact since 2008 I have had nothing less than 11% return. Given the economic climate of recent years that’s outstanding.

I had a tip 12 months ago and since then doubled my money happy days, no tips since though. So if anyone has any, with a rational as to why, I am interested

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Would a sharebuilder account be the best way to get started investing small amounts?

SkillWill
    Free Member

It’s a nice, cheap way to buy stocks, yes. Averages prices out nicely too.

Gotama
    Free Member

For those that recommend Hargreaves Lansdown…. the platform is pretty good but it’s not as cheap as people assume. With regard to funds any stockbroker will get the same upfront discounts on fund purchases and there’s quite a few which don’t appear on the HL platform. Why, because they won’t pay trail commission. You’ll notice the bulk of the annual management fees on the funds with HL are 1.5% because despite your cheap up front cost you’re paying 0.75% more per year for the fund as that is then being rebated to HL. If you need/want advice go to a decent broker, the costs aren’t that much more when you take it account they will buy non-trail units and you have someone that knows what they’re talking about to help you along as well as decent research idea flow. If you want to go it alone the HL, TD Direct, Best Invest etc are good platforms depending on what you want to do. Or go to IG Markets and piss it all up the wall in five minutes with a massively leveraged FTSE contract.

lodious
    Free Member

How would you go about finding a decent broker? (not disagreeing, I’m curious)

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Stocks and Shares – which go-to websites for trading advice?’ is closed to new replies.