• This topic has 5 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by ndg.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Stiniog tyres question
  • rascal
    Free Member

Sorry about another boring tyre question.
    Postponed DH day booked in soon…my Meta is currently wearing High Rollers in single ply 2.35 60a flavour. As I never do DH I’m reluctant to splash out loads of dough on new rubber for one day of riding.
    How likely that I’ll puncture, even if I do change to DH tubes for the day?
    Any survived the day with regular rubber puncture-free?
    I know a lot depends on riding style etc…just hoping for some positive replies 😉

kayak23

I rode single ply crossmarks on my hardtail. Got 3 flats on one run. I then pumped them up dead hard and was fine. Do that…
    Bit of a boneshaker mind…

wrecker
    Free Member

They’ll be fine. Of our group of four, only one got flats (2) and he likes landing rear heavy. One had 2.1 XC tyres.

soobalias
    Free Member

it will be better than fine

Suggsey
    Free Member

Minimum 40 psi and run what you brung (but take a spare pair of tyres just in case. Enjoy, its bloody great, one of my favourite all time ride spots and I have only been the once…..so far.

ndg
    Free Member

I ran a fat Albert on the front and nobby nice on the rear. Started with my normal trail pressures but ended up with a few extra psi as the tyres were squirming on the rim (my mavic 517’s are too narrow!).

No flats throughout. In our group of 12 we had maybe 3 punctures and no one was running DH rubber.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Stiniog tyres question’ is closed to new replies.