Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Still some decent folk around. Found phone content!
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

Got a random call off a bloke last night on the wifes phone. Bloke had found my phone and was ringing to let me know. Just been round to pick it up, offered to get him “a drink” in wouldn’t even accept that. Good karma to that man!

scaredypants

new recruit in our dept came in the other day asking where he should take the brand new iphone 5 he’d found in the car park

apparently there was already a very anxious looking lady at the security desk when he got there 😆

geordiemick00
    Free Member

that happened to me within a week of getting my first iPhone. I left it on a bench at a park, some kid found it, took it to pub near the park. My mate rang me on my work phone saying some bloke at the pub answered it thinking he was taking the piss, he said, “yeah, some bloke at the pub has it and is waiting for you to go back and get it”

I went back to the pub and retrieved it. The fella wouldn’t take the credit and told me a certain girl in the park found it, so I went to the park and she was there. I then had the dilemma of wether I reward her for her work or would I look like a Jimmy Saville by offering children in parks money! 😆

So I sent my daughter over with £20 for her for some sweets. 😆

wrightyson
    Free Member

Yes I can see why offering children money in the park may be a tad dodgy 😀

Jerome
    Free Member

I picked up a phone left on the train.
    Carried it down the platform, to be met with a chap coming the other way.
    My phone you cannot call from without a code,probably needs one of those post you home things.

scaredypants

All phones should default to asking for an email address for the owner on the lock screen, rather than expecting us dumbass users to figure it out for ourselves

chrisdiesel
    Free Member

Walking the dog I found a violin in a case , I took it home had a look and found a picture book inside the case all pics of the grain and marks on the violin and a shop details in The Hague , called the shop and the Dutch national violin team ( what do you call a bunch of violin people ? ) anyway , they had be burgled and the violin was on loan from a museum , 2 people flew to Manchester the next day to retrieve it , one of the lady’s cried kissed me and said it was worth over £100000 !!! I took them around Manchester dropped them of back at the airport said my good byes and got back in my car the phone rang and it was the same Dutch lady saying there was a €1000 under the back seat because she said I would have refused it !!! Felt good at a shit time in my life ( just lost my dad )

nedrapier

I picked up a phone left on the train.
    Carried it down the platform, to be met with a chap coming the other way.

Reminds me of a story my dad tells about when he was commuting. He grabs his umbrella from the overhead luggage rack, chap accosts him on the platform:

“I think you’ll find that’s my umbrella.”

Dad: “So sorry, that’s where I put mine, I just grabbed the only one there without looking. Someone else must have taken mine”

“Hmmmm..”

But it’s raining cats and dogs, so he has to buy another on the walk to work. Stops off at Baker Street lost & found in the evening, and someone has handed his in.

So he’s stood there waiting for his train home with his two umbrellas when the same chap from that morning passes and says:

“Had a busy day, have we?”

nedrapier

All phones should default to asking for an email address for the owner on the lock screen, rather than expecting us dumbass users to figure it out for ourselves

We had one of those on our blackberrys at my last company. Most likely they’d be found in a pub or a restautant somewhere within walking distance, but the instruction was to sent it to head office in Munich. Ill thought through!

Drac

I left my iPad in a pub in Middlesborough last week, it was still there when I went back.

leffeboy

it was the same Dutch lady saying there was a €1000 under the back seat because she said I would have refused it !!! Felt good at a shit time in my life ( just lost my dad )

Class

bencooper
    Free Member

That umbrella story is a bit like one Douglas Adams told about a packet of biscuits:

http://www.woltermanns.com/misc/cookies_Adams.htm

mark90
    Free Member

I left my iPad in a pub in Middlesborough last week, it was still there when I went back.

All the other lost/found stories are believable, but this one is pushing things a bit far 😉

spooky_b329

There are apps that will display your contact/ice details if the lockscreen isn’t unlocked straight away. I use one for Android called misHaps.

andywoods
    Free Member

have to agree with mark90 surprised anyone in would take a ipad into a pub in mboro and expect to get back out with it let alone leave it behind and still find it definitely wasnt the bongo club….

Drac

Trust me I had no faith and had find my iPhone ready to lock and trace it. It’s a student pub what with me being a student now and there’s plenty of others have them. Was pretty shocked and the young lads sat next to it just laughed.

Drac

Trust me I had no faith and had find my iPhone ready to lock and trace it. It’s a student pub what with me being a student now and there’s plenty of others have them. Was pretty shocked and the young lads sat next to it just laughed.

cranberry
    Free Member

All the other lost/found stories are believable, but this one is pushing things a bit far

it is very believable – I can’t imagine that anyone would want to steal Middlesbrough.

stumpy01

Have had mixed experiences with this…

Found a decent Sony Ericsson near my front door – must have been about 2001. Checked & there were loads of messages to the same person, so rang the number and it was the girls Dad. He was really suspicious about how I got the phone and was quite aggressive. I knew him from a few doors down, and given his attitude considered telling him to get bent. He didn’t know I lived a few doors down at this point. He came to pick it up the next day and pretty much snatched it out of my hand and walked off!

I left a works sat-nav on a bench at Antwerp airport. It was the top of the range Tom Tom at the time & worth about £450. Went back when I realised and it was gone. No one had handed it in. Work weren’t very impressed.

A couple of months ago I dropped my wallet in Queensgate shopping centre in Peterborough and drove all the way home before realising. Drove back & someone had handed it into the info desk….! PHEW!!

That story about the violin above is excellent!!

brodie
    Free Member

A friend who is a nurse told me something the other day, She had a puncture on her way to work and said so many people stopped to help the road got blocked, she said she had 6 blokes from a scaffolding crew helping change her wheel at one point!!!!

firestarter
    Free Member

I found a bag in the summer with 520 quid in it and a phone in it lucky it didn’t have a screen lock on, I rang her up and let her know I’d found it in middle of road, apparently she put it on the roof while she dug out her keys from her pocket , I got a cuddle and a card , a new shed would have been better but she was very nice lol

ski
    Free Member

Waiting to go into a nightclub, the huge guy, with huge friends, in front of me dropped his wallet on the floor in front of me, wad of £50’s scattering on the floor, me and my Mrs at the time, both looked at each other, with a shocked look on our face!

I was worried if he saw me pick up the wallet and scoup up the cash to give it back to him, he might think I was going to nick it.

So I tapped him on his sholder and pointed to the wallet, he gave me the evils, picked up the wad and wallet, gave me a stern look and said nothing, then carried on waiting to get into the club.

My Mrs went mad, saying I should have kept it and how rude he was not to say thank you, me on the defensive told her to be quiet, don’t cause trouble.

She ended up in a sulky huff by the time we got to the door staff.

They just waved us past, where the manager came up to us and said the guy in front had paid for our entry and a £50 slate.

No idea who the guy was, but had a feeling he might have had a heavy rep.

Mrs, in a double huff for the rest of the night, me, got hammered and had a great time and my Mrs became my Ex 😉

Ambrose

I found a watch in a carpark in the Beacons on a night ride. haned it in to the local Police. Waited 90 days, to find the watch still unclaimed. So I collected it and have it still.

Nice 🙂

thegreatape
    Free Member

I found one of those Medic Alert bracelets while out walking my dog one day. Rang the number when I got home and it was someone on holiday staying in the village. Five minutes later they were at my door and swapped it for a nice bottle of wine.

thepurist

geedub16
    Free Member

I found a purse in my sisters road took it in and tried to look for contact details to get the purse back found a lady pensioners bus pass and about 5 RBS cards a phone number to toys r us (a number I found thinking it was contact details) and get this a note with pin numbers on probably for the RBS cards!

couldn’t find details, knocked on doors and then took it police station which was closed in the evening due to cut backs!! even tweeted the local police then after couple of hours my sisters rang me said the lady knocked on doors to see if anyone found her purse my sis directed her to my house and the purse was returned she forced a tenner in my hand wouldn’t take no for an answer

Its really nice to read about ‘good people’ in the world when there are so many dark stories in the media just hope one day people return the favours and save me a lot of trouble

Violin geezer great read made me smile

globalti
    Free Member

We found a phone lying on the moors, took a video of my bare bum, called one of the numbers on it and agreed to leave it at the nearby pub for the owner to collect later. I bet he got a shock next time he looked though his videos.

I found a brand new £1800 carbon road bike with a smashed back wheel dumped in the brook under the bridge in our street. Took it to the Police who kept it for a month then gave it back to me. I’m still enjoying riding it four years later. Obviously I had to buy new wheels.

nosemineb
    Free Member

Lost my hope r4 head torch up on hellvellyn. 2 weeks later it was handed in to the police after a mountain rescue dog picked it up. Donated to their charity as the chap requested. Very happy!

gusamc
    Free Member

on a slightly different front

a long time ago one of dads lorry driver mates was coming home one savage night, saw a hitcher, so stopped and offered a lift, he could drop him near home so off they went, hitcher thanked him, but didn’t say much, anyway they were cracking on and then grumpy plod intervenes, got a going over, speeding etc, anyway they restart and got to the drop off point and the hitcher said, ‘thanks very much for the lift, I widnae worry worry about getting a ticket’ and as he got out of the lorry he handed him the policemans notebook

40mpg

I found a purse in town on a late night out (about 3am), it had a phone number inside (as well as more ID cards than I’ve ever seen) so in my drunken state I called it.

Turns out it was a student who lost the purse, I had called her mum who wasn’t very happy to be woken at 3am (understandably I guess).

Anyway left details, and student calls me back next day. She asks if I can drop it into her (other side of town – the really posh bit). I say I can’t as I’m not heading that way, she then says she’ll have to come over especially!! Then we can’t agree a time as she’s got to go to the pub. Turns out she has to go past mine to get to the pub, but can;t just drop in as she’s getting a lift. This goes on, I get fed up and eventually suggest I drop it to her in the pub.

I get an ‘oh, thanks’ when I do.

Sometimes I don’t know why I bother being such a nice person

oliverholder
    Free Member

I found an iPhone in my local park, I was there for football training so decided that I would put it in the boot of my car so no other oik would take it.

After football went to try and see who the phone belong to but it had a passcode which I couldnt get past.

Tried to keep it near me incase it rang. I plugged it in found the name of who it belonged to, found them on Facebook requested them but couldnt add a message to say I found your phone please get in contact (as it was like a 14 yr old girl). So i posted on my status saying the girls name and that I had found her phone.

Basically after a day and a half a message comes through with a phone no. asking me to call it or the police will come round. My other half spoke to the family etc and they were really funny with her, even said when you bring it round can you please just post it through the door.

After all of that i was defintely not going to post it through the door, I knocked and gave the phone back to the rightful owner, but I felt so victimised for doing a good deed.

Hey ho, i wasnt this fortunate when some little scrotes took my iphone 🙁

enfht
    Free Member

My dad found a purse in a phone box full of cash, handed it in, month or two later received a thank you letter from the woman’s friend, turned out she had used the phone box to ring the hospital and found out her husband had just been killed in an accident and she’d dropped her purse!

LoCo
    Free Member

Have managed to lose my wallet and Oakley jawbones at Cwmcarn over the last couple of years, both were handed in/ returned 😀

jjt
    Free Member

Friend at university found a girls purse on a night out. Next morning he Facebook messaged her and arranged to take it over to her flat that day… It all went VERY well for him… didnt see him for the rest of the weekend 😉

Lucky swine. She looked fit from the ID photos!

zbonty

I got off a coach at a festival in Croatia this summer.
    I left a book on the bus with 300 euro-dollars in it. I got the lot back a few hours later!!

bails

Cycling home one evening I stopped off to get some cash from the ATM outside a shop. There was a woman in front of me, once she’d finished she went straight into the shop, I stepped up to the cashpoint and there was £80 in £10 and £20 notes still in the machine.

I took the cash, went into the shop, saw who I thought was the woman from the cashpoint, asked her if she’d just taken some money out, she said yes and started looking in her purse. I asked how much she’d taken out, when she said £80 (wanted to be sure I was giving the cash to the right person!) I gave her the cash. She looked a bit shocked and mumbled something so I left thinking ‘hmmm, you could have been a bit more grateful, but hey ho…’

Get back to the cash point, I’m getting my money out and a bloke appears saying “thanks for that mate, really decent of you” and hands me £20 while saying something about forgetting her head if it wasn’t screwed on 😆 🙂

scuzz
    Free Member

On a busy night out, we’re all at the bar getting a round in and a drunk balding man I’ve never seen before gives his card to pay for it all, before wandering off without putting his PIN in. I get the round and try and find him, asking all the balding men in the pub for their names. Finally find the guy, ask him what his name is and present him with his card.
    His reply?
    “You’re not a fruit, are you?”

dabble
    Free Member

Found a phone out riding wi a pic of a chicken on the home screen, rang last number to say id found it, the lady came n picked it up n gave me half a dozen eggs from her chickens, which sorted tea out.

Was at the bar on sunday night, looked at the floor n saw 20 quid, asked a bloke in front if hed lost any money n he looked at me like i was trying to do him over n said “no” quite curtly, i tapped the other guy on the shoulder n said “you missing any money pal?” he said “yeah, i had 40 in my hand, now ive only got 20” so i handed him his 20 quid back. He bought me a shot, which was nice.

Some thieving turds robbed my phone n wallet out me van the other day n all so there are still some dicks out there too.

geedub16
    Free Member

yep still some turds around – couple weeks ago someone stole my Buxus plant in a ceramic pot from my front garden!!

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘Still some decent folk around. Found phone content!’ is closed to new replies.