• This topic has 76 replies, 52 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by hora.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 77 total)
  • Still shaking with anger and 'why me?… (Rate my rant; marks out of ten please)
  • househusband

Dropping some wheels I’d sold off at Post Office so the box is reasonably large; couple of young kids with Gran are hovering around outside at the door so I said ‘excuse me’ and entered the Post Office – I then heard Gran accuse me from outside of pushing her grand-daughter out the way… and I bit…

Stepped back out and clearly explained that (a) I’d very clearly said ‘excuse me’, that (b) the girl saw me coming, saw that I had a large box in my hands and she has in fact got eyes herself, and that (c) I most certainly did not push her. Gran carries on repeating that I’d pushed her daughter out of the way so I suggested (perhaps I started using my ‘teacher voice’ now…) that perhaps she might like to teach the children to open their eyes and and take some responsibility for their own (in)actions rather than growing up blaming everyone else.

Voice inside Post Office (one of the PO staff – no glass walls in front of the counter) yells at me ‘not in front of the customers’ and now Mum (who’d been inside) marches out and tells me that’s her Mum and (this is the best/worst bit…) that ‘My Mum us dying you know and you’ve upset all my family now’…

I just walked past, joined the queue, apologised to the customers inside (again told ‘not in front of customers’) and seethed inwardly.

Why. Me.

(No upper case, no swearing – so guess this rant is doomed already.)

thestabiliser
    Free Member

That’s a proper crap story. 1.26/10 and you’re only getting that cos “arguing” whilst holding a box is a bit harder that “arguing” without holding a box

nickjb
    Free Member

People still take stuff to the post office? Didn’t know they were still going.

onandon
    Free Member

Poor.

Man with box has pathetic argument with stupid people.

Nothing to see here

2/10

theboatman
    Free Member

Why would you want to get yourself involved in that? Hard to see any winner’s there.

IHN

Poor rant, sounds like no-one came out of it well, which seems like a fair outcome.

Rubber_Buccaneer

Why. Me

Your attitude is the problem. If it were me I’d have deliberately given them a nudge out of the way with a box then given them a sorry and a smile and carried on into the PO feeling pleased with my nasty self.

scotroutes

Should have told them you were posting urgent life-saving drugs to starving refugees.

poah
    Free Member

should have told the woman her mum should hurry up and die so she stops bothing people

binners

Sounds to me like you need to get tooled up and go and ‘clean the streets’…

thestabiliser
    Free Member

What? cure them just so they can starve, what sort of monster are you?

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

2/10

I am more than happy to upgrade to a 4/10 if you change the story to include you losing your shit and battering everyone with your large box, which due to poor packaging ends up with the wheels getting bent.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Didn’t she know you are an accomplished boxer?

Drac

At least it wasn’t a Zoo.

fasthaggis

3/10
    NO UpPerermix3D up CasE
    nae BOLD
    NOn Bed SpilLing

DezB
    Free Member

Didn’t she know you are an accomplished boxer?

He punches little kids?

But, yeah. Don’t take stuff to the Post Office eh?

binners

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bF-T1FB3Yno[/video]

zinaru
    Free Member

you’ve sold some wheels – what are you buying with the cash?

spekkie
    Free Member

You punched a dying grandmother in the face while she was holding the door open for a wheelchair-bound war veteran just because you were in a hurry to cash your giro and pay off your drug dealer?

what is the world coming to??

fooman

Not enough detail – what wheel size are we talking?

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Whilst perpetrating an E-bay scam on a orphangae based cycle charity with stolen wheels from a vicars bike?

hairylegs
    Free Member

Nil poi … poor rant and crap story.

You bit! It’s their karma and your zenometer went into the red whereas you could be still chilled, smug in the knowledge that you’ve sold your wheels

househusband

Not enough detail – what wheel size are we talking?

700c – Mavic Cosmic Elite wheelset.

you’ve sold some wheels – what are you buying with the cash?

More wheels!

Thanks all so far; I do believe that having been on STW forum (with the same user name nonetheless) since I can’t remember – I do believe that this might actually be first ‘rant’.

jekkyl

lol at all the responses. Yup I wouldn’t have bit. You said excuse me, ignore any further response.

4130s0ul
    Free Member

and with what authority did the person behind the PO counter have telling you who you can or can’t argue with outside of a public building? the very nerve!
    it was a POvOP story 3/10 😆

househusband

lol at all the responses. Yup I wouldn’t have bit. You said excuse me, ignore any further response.

Indeed.

DezB
    Free Member

I do believe that this might actually be first ‘rant’.

Nah, I’ve seen rants on here before. You’re not taking credit for that.

Cougar

Gran carries on repeating that I’d pushed her daughter out of the way

Gran’s clearly got mental issues, her daughter was inside the Post Office.

fasthaggis

You punched a dying grandmother in the face while she was holding the door open for a wheelchair-bound war veteran just because you were in a hurry to cash your giro and pay off your drug dealer?

Aye,that’s the Kingdom centre fir yea. 🙂

TrailriderJim
    Free Member

Haha, this epically failed post on here might mean you shake for a bit longer. Seriously, “why me” is a classic response that people who don’t just let this sort of shit go, come out with. The situation had very little to do with you, “you” would have been any other person that would have entered the shop at that very same moment. Read The Chimp Paradox. After that you should be able to stop thinking “why me”. It worked for me.

smell_it
    Free Member

1/10 dealing with thick and irrational people is an essential skill of life, and when you do it badly you just end up looking like one of them. Not sure I would have shared.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Aye,that’s the Kingdom centre fir yea.

That’s a tragedy. Terminal illness at 26.

geetee1972
    Free Member

she might like to teach the children to open their eyes and and take some responsibility for their own (in)actions rather than growing up blaming everyone else.

Here you accept the premise of the acusation. So you did push the child out of the way then. I think that would make for a more interesting story.

crikey
    Free Member

The correct response would be to say sorry and then offer to buy some peanuts for her monkey.

avdave2

‘My Mum us dying you know and you’ve upset all my family now’

I think I’d of said I’m sorry I didn’t know that but thank you for telling me it’s quite made my day.

geetee1972
    Free Member

I think I’d of said I’m sorry I didn’t know that but thank you for telling me it’s quite made my day.

A better response woluld be:

‘We all are. Act accordingly’.

Bonus points if you can name the film reference.

slowoldman

700c – Mavic Cosmic Elite wheelset.

A roadie eh? You’re all the same. I bet you were 2 abreast barging through the doors.

perchypanther
    Free Member

A roadie eh?

You should have bellowed “STRRRRAAAAAVAAAAAA!” into the childs face before rushing home to check your segment time.

jamj1974

Did her mum wear a sign indicating she was dying? Thought not – hence her daughters complaint is bollocks and intended only to make you feel guilty.

I’ve known several people who when they were dying, totally failed to start arguments for no reason. How they failed. Now I know this is the custom, I will be starting full on punch ups when I’m about to die!

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

women, emotional drama – best avoided

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 77 total)

The topic ‘Still shaking with anger and 'why me?… (Rate my rant; marks out of ten please)’ is closed to new replies.