Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Still pic from recent cavendish crash………impressive……….
  • romster
    Free Member

Poor bugger – wonder if he's got all the grit out yet? 😯

br
    Free Member

Fantastic picture.

Luckily I recorded it on Sky+.

zangolin
    Free Member

Looks like he hit a patch of quicksand.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    davidwazz
    Free Member

Amazing pic – he hasn't had the best season! Hope he can pull something out on the tour.

R.lepecha

will that true ? haha

romster
    Free Member

Amazing still isn't it, it must be pulled from a video clip, if it is an actual snapped shot then the camera man deserves a round of applauds for timing ……..

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I posted that yesterday – and also that, in the video, the squished wheel appears to recover its proper shape 🙂

romster
    Free Member

I posted that yesterday

The pic? I didn't see it obviously hence the re-post, either way it's still an amazzzzzzzing pic and deserves a double drop! 8)

bigyinn
    Free Member

Hmm, they all appear to showing their best cum faces whilst on the vinegar stroke, simultaneously. Impressive!

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

@ bigyinn 😆

…but what, pray tell is a 'vinegar stroke', or do I not want to know? 😕

ojom
    Free Member

The vinegar stroke comes just before the Elvis Finish as i call it.

hotcharge
    Free Member

what tour is it from and which channel is showing it?

cynic-al
    Free Member

What caused the crash? Wheel collapse?

brakes
    Free Member

bit flexy, those carbon wheels

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

What caused the crash? Wheel collapse?

Cavendish leaned on another rider and they both went down

romster
    Free Member

I'm still of the opinion Heinrich Haussler had his head down not looking what was going off and Cav had his head up going for the line, pretty 50/50 IMO……..it was Hein's wheel that went over Cav's not the other way round. I'm not a massive Cav fan but i think putting the "sole" blame on our fellow brit is pretty sh1t! I think this is purely down to his aggresive reputation that the rest have simply ganged up on an easy victim and made Cav the villain on this one…….

Ed2001
    Free Member

Both gobshites with egos that are too big.

romster
    Free Member

Both gobshites with egos that are too big.

+1

Talented guys though who'll be reaching their peak over the next 4 years, it'll be interesting to see where Cav and his mouth actually go!

dawson

I saw that he had pulled out of the race today – I wonder if that was the team retiring him on his behalf…

http://www.bikeradar.com/news/article/cavendish-throws-in-towel-at-tour-of-switzerland-26630

pullfaces
    Free Member

Cav crash

the wheel does indeed spring back into shape. I wonder if they'll use it!
    about the 51 second mark.

This was the following day:
    skids are at kids

Amos
    Free Member

Amazing pic!

njee20
    Free Member

That wheel is absolutely mental. Wonder what it actually looked like afterwards, how much it did actually recover!

Gary_M
    Free Member

I'm still of the opinion Heinrich Haussler had his head down not looking what was going off and Cav had his head up going for the line

Haussler appeared to be heading in a straight line, cavendish veered towards him from his right and rode under his wheel.

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

Cav looks like he went well off his line just before it all went tits up. Commissaires would have blamed it on Cav, but then they'd have blamed any Brit within 100yds anyway.

will
    Free Member

I actually find that hard to watch. Next time your going 30mph + imagine just hitting the tarmac… 🙁

slowjo
    Free Member

I did that once will. I was doing a circuit race, in the bunch winding it up on the penultimate lap, I glanced at my speedo as we approached a bend, it read 32mph a split second later my front tyre blew out and I hit the deck hard. Split my helmet in 2, cracked several ribs, lost a lot of skin but fortunately, my bike was ok… the bar tape was scuffed up but that was it. Very painful, particularly getting e grit out. Strangely enough I was able to ride home and it wasn't until I was sitting in the bath that it all really began to hurt.

I had a major triathlon (my "target" event for that summer) in 5 days time. I didn't do very well funnily enough! Swim was slow, bike painful and the run was a shuffle in 27 degrees of heat.

tragically1969
    Free Member

Happened to me a few years back, guy moved over on the front of the bunch in a sprint and brought the guy down in front of me, they came off, i hit the deck hard, got run over by 2 guys who ended up on the deck too.

Result, one broken collarbone, 2 sprained wrists and several cracked ribs…..all mine…..it hurt…..lots…..

will
    Free Member

Jo & 1969 – Ouch!! The thought of sliding along tarmac is nasty!

myheadsashed

I think you'll find the carbon rim snapped and he's probably using tubs which tend to keep their shape with 100+psi in and it is the tub which springs back when the load is removed taking the broken bit of the rim with it – making it look OK in later shots.

njee20
    Free Member

Well glued to not roll the tub! Would have thought it'd be more obvious if the rim had actually just broken in half.

retro83
    Free Member

Great picture. Bit of a shitter for the chap who broke his hip tho 😯

crazy-legs

You know the most amazing thing about this thread isn't the photo or what happened to the wheel but SFB commenting knowledgeably on a ROAD cycling event!

grumm
    Free Member

Should have been using the carbon road bike for something more appropriate – like trials.

leggyblonde
    Free Member

I think it's 60:40 cavendish's fault.
    It must be getting to him, he was even more rude and grumpy than usual after the smithfield nocturne 🙄

Great action pic though

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘Still pic from recent cavendish crash………impressive……….’ is closed to new replies.