Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • still 14 more days: 140 mm RockShox Pike full suspension bike for £1,350
  • andreasrhoen
    Free Member

Not sure if “January sale” is really limited to January.

But I guess so!!

Means 14 more days in sale:

http://www.halfords.com/cycling/bikes/mountain-bikes/boardman-mountain-bike-pro-full-suspension-27-5-16-18-19-20-frames

Boardman Mountain Bike Pro Full for £1,350
    Fork: RockShox Pike RC 140mm suspension fork with rebound and compression adjustment (this FORK IS CRAZY EXCELLENT!!!)
    Gears: SRAM GX 1×11

As full suspension bike I bike the Calibre Bossnut V2. If you look for a full suspension trail bike in this price range – check out the above link if you like.

Possible: maybe there will be a NEW Boardman Mountain Bike Pro available soon?

andreasrhoen
    Free Member

still 14 more days:

now: only 13 more…
    😉

cp

Boardman Mountain Bike Pro Full for £1,350

1215 with BC discount on top.

Nice spec but the wheels are pretty old school narrow-rims.

andreasrhoen
    Free Member

wheels are pretty old school narrow-rims.

Yes. This is true. 25 mm inner bead width would have been the right pick. Bit more “slack” would be also fun.

But £1,350 or

£1,215

– for such an bike … with a PIKE.
    That’s excellent!

And, Boardman FS owners, this forum: they love their bikes!

vicksplace

nothing personal but I wish people would stop saying things like ‘it comes with a Pike!’ like it’s the second coming of God or something. I **** hated mine and would go out of my way to find a bike equipped with something (anything) else!

EDIT you’re right though, cost-wise that bike is great value

andreasrhoen
    Free Member

@vicksplace:

hated the pike?

Some bikers hate Pikes?

Wasn’t aware of that. Sorry.
    😳

philjunior
    Free Member

Not sure how you could hate the pike, surely you could fiddle with things and get it performing how you like it? That said I do think there’s a gap in the market for forks and shocks where the tuning window is a bit narrower and they’ll always ride *OK* even if not just right for those that like stuff weird.

matt_outandabout

I **** hated mine and would go out of my way to find a bike equipped with something (anything) else!

I am confuzzled with my Yari – the stiffness particularly, but I am struggling to get the compression (I think) right. Ive fiddled with knobs and inserted things (and then removed them), but it just doesn’t quite feel as plush as my old Fox 120 RL’s….

tomhoward

Not sure how you could hate the pike

Paging Tom_W1987…

matt_outandabout

Some bikers hate Pikes?

I say, we only chat about them, not ride the things….

andreasrhoen
    Free Member

I’am more confused than ever now…

But doesn’t matter.

If somebody hates the 140 mmPike and likes the RockShox Sektor Silver 130mm fork … £950 is the Boardman FS without Pike but with Sektor.

(o.k. – but there might be different deals then from other companies like GoOutdoors.)
    😐

wallop

I’m not a massive fan of my pike, tbh.

andreasrhoen
    Free Member

@wallop:

I’m not a massive fan of my pike, tbh.

What I see more on more on the trails: Auron forks.
    The new SF18 Auron should has the same damping technology as the SF16 Durolux (which IS A GREAT DOWNHILL fork).

What do you think about the Auron?
    Some say: forget it. Others: great.

Did you bike the PIKE and … maybe the Auron?
    (Have right now a Fox-fork hardtail project going on – but might build a bike with an Auron next…Opinion?)
    Sorry to side-track this thread so…- still think the January Halfords deal is great!
    😕

wallop

Hmmm.. might be a good replacement for my knackered x-fusion on my 29er hard tail!

andreasrhoen
    Free Member

Hmmm.. might be a good replacement for my knackered x-fusion on my 29er hard tail!

Good.
    Exactly for these kind of applications!

Cheers!
    😉

MSP

what a weird bit of astroturfing

mikertroid
    Free Member

Got mine 18 months ago for £1080. Needs a fork and shock service but going strong! Wheels didn’t last tho!

andreasrhoen
    Free Member

what a weird bit of astroturfing

haha
    😉

@mikertroid:
    Mavic rims failed? Or the (Mavic-?)hubs?

fork & shock service after 18 months is o.k.(or better: it’s time then!)
    Did you upgrade to wider rims or was this an warranty issue?
    (for an different bike I try now FUN WORKS rims (actionsports) for the first time. No idea if they will last)

Thanks!
    😉

mikertroid
    Free Member

I kept snapping spokes on the rear so I went for Superstar XX27s. On removing the cassette it was apparent that the cassette had been installed incorrectly and the splines to remove them were mashed (before I even tried!).

New crankset under warranty as the 2×11 rear mech was incorrectly spec’d on initial build. The reduced clutch tension allowed chain to drop off multiple times in a short space. One dropped chain event gouged the crankarm badly.

Bent bar round femur (hurt) in a crash.

It’s a great bike. The niggles sound worse than they were.

andreasrhoen
    Free Member

@mikertroid :

thanks.

Superstar: pretty good stuff!

One of my bikes is the Bossnut V2. When reveiving it: spent 1/2 day taking the stuff apart and put it back. With torque wrench, lots of grease and so on. Found lot’s of small issues which weren’t done properly.
    No problems since then.

Your Boardman and my Bossnut, those “niggles”: typical for all mountain bikes…? Also for the expensive ones?

All hardtails which I bought before I bought the Bossnut (my first full suss) were also lousy assembled from the manufacturer. And those weren’t “cheap”.

It’s a great bike. The niggles sound worse than they were.

see it the same way.
    Cheers!
    😉

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘still 14 more days: 140 mm RockShox Pike full suspension bike for £1,350’ is closed to new replies.