• This topic has 19 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Stiff little finger joint
  • stumpytom
    Free Member

In the last couple of weeks the knuckle joint of my right hand little finger has been stiff and ‘clicks’ slightly. I have been making the most of the weather and riding slightly more than usual but aside from that I have not crashed on it at all. It is mostly an issue first thing in the morning but I did notice it when riding in to work this morning. Not really sore at all just aware that it is not right.

Anyone else have any similar issues, any exercises that may help?

Cheers

unklehomered
    Free Member

I get this, and have recently been beginning think I should maybe get it looked at. Mine locks, so if I clench my fist and then straighten out my fingers on my left hand the little finger will stay curled up until I get my other fingers totally straight or deliberatly put force into that finger to straighten it when it gives. It doesn’t click as such but it overcomes some deffinite resistance.

What was worrying my me a little bit was a month or so ago I had a few times when I woke to find that side of my left hand had gone numb. As if I’d been sat on it, but I hadn’t, I was just lying in bed, though I do sleep on that side.

stumpytom
    Free Member

Yes, I do get that slight locking as well. To be fair I also get it in the half knuckle of my thumb. This has been happening for a while and basically once every 3-4 weeks the thumb will be locked and will take a concerted effort to ‘unlock’. Doesn’t ever hurt though so not thought about it much beyond arthritis at a later date?! I am 29 by the way.

unklehomered
    Free Member

Same here as there’s arthritis in my family, but I don’t really know what it is. Likewise no pain.

It started for me late twenties, then went, has come back this summer, now 32.

Pigface
    Free Member

Barbed Wire Love

Inflamable Material

theprawn
    Free Member

thatchers claw.

google it.

stumpytom
    Free Member

Looks also that it may be called trigger finger.

theprawn
    Free Member

john_drummer
    Free Member

Alternative Ulster

DezB
    Free Member

I just googled Jake Burns. Blimey, what happened to him?!

john_drummer
    Free Member

looks like he’s been on the pies

cooie

‘If it wasn’t for your stiff little fingers nobody would know you were dead’

marcus7
    Free Member

Go for it….. ah takes me back…..

flowergirl
    Free Member

Sounds like you lot have got a few ‘Trigger Fingers’ between you!

Had mine dealt with a few weeks ago with a Cortisone injection. Hurt like hell,
    But not as bad as the other hand which was being operated on for Carpal Tunnel at the same time 🙁

If it’s a Trigger, it will get to the stage where it’s only possible to straighten it up by using your other hand, and it will hurt!
    It feels like there’s a notch in your finger………………
    Time to MTFU and get injected or it will stay bent.

Deb

MrNutt
    Free Member

ROOTS, RADICALS, ROCKERS AND REGGAE

john_drummer
    Free Member

Tin Soldiers was my favourite

eggshellblonde
    Free Member

Johnny was (a good man)

novaswift
    Free Member

Hanx !

Bucko

DezB
    Free Member

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Stiff little finger joint’ is closed to new replies.