Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Sticky 10 speed X9 shifters
  • KevinPP
    Free Member

There was a thread a couple of weeks ago suggesting that if you returned your sticky X9 shifter (lever not returning without a bit of help)to SRAM via a Fishers dealer they would replace it with a nice new ball bearing one.

Well.., unfortunately the link and information in it(I think i was on BikeRumour) was wrong. Having sent mine back SRAM have said there is no recall or replacement offer.
    So the only option is to buy a new ball bearing one or put up with dodgy shifting.

Just thought I’d let everyone know in case they were planning on returning one.

chiefgrooveguru

The lazy sceptic in me replaced his sticking X9 a week ago with a Saint shifter (and Zee mech). I’m glad I didn’t bother chasing a replacement!

thebunk

After my 2nd set of sticky X9 shifters I’m trying Shimano out…

glen815
    Free Member

Why not service your X9’s? For the cost of a bit of grease and twenty minutes per shifter, it’s worth it.

thebunk

I tried that the first time and they exploded all over the kitchen!

KevinPP
    Free Member

I tried it too, but once tghey’re sticky they’re always sticky. Completely stripped two (run them on both bikes) cleaned, lubed and still sticky. I guess that is why they are now ball bearing.

theendisnigh
    Free Member

my x9 shifter never worked again after I took it apart. It was only a few weeks old when it started playing up. Piss poor really. I replaced it with x0 as I didn’t want to get a new rear mech. the x0 is still good 6 months on.

Vinnyc
    Free Member

Yeah never open it, it will never be the same lol

Paceman
    Free Member

What they said ^^^… take EXTREME caution if taking SRAM shifters apart 😯

I fixed my X9 shifter problems by buying XT ones 😉

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Sticky 10 speed X9 shifters’ is closed to new replies.