Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 110 total)
  • Steve Worland
  • captain_bastard
    Free Member

Genuinely shocked and saddened

Jamie
    Free Member

Was only reading his Surly Straggler review the other day.

….only 58 as well.

cinnamon_girl

Such sad news and dreadful for his family. Enjoyed his writings in the ST mag and obviously very knowledgeable.

RIP

deluded
    Free Member

Bloooooody Henry.

Shocked and saddened to read this.

A decent journalist whose experience was legion. I didn’t know him personally, but I understand he was a nice fella. I’d see him now and then riding round AC.

Thoughts with family and friends.

Markie
    Free Member

Yes, shocked and saddened here too. RIP.

awh
    Free Member

As a young biker in the mid-90s I remember being over taken by Steve during a race in Ashton Court. He was in several categories above me but I still remember he was the only person to ask to come past politely. RIP.

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Unbelievable. RIP Steve. Met him a long time ago while testing bikes at Swinley. Always someone who just made me ride bikes. Sad times again this month.

iamtheresurrection

I didn’t know him, but I did spend the last 20-25 years reading his words.

Sad news, he wrote in a way that I imagine I’d have enjoyed sharing a pint or two. I’m sure he’ll be missed by many.

uselesshippy
    Free Member

One of the few “testers” I ever bothered reading.
    Great loss to the world.
    Rip.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Serendipity, rewski….

As someone on the Twit just pointed out, “I’ve known the name Steve Worland as long as I’ve known the term ‘mountain bike'”

That’s not far off the truth for me. I started when it had all just started and then, along he came not long after that.

#happytrails Steve.

Stoner
    Free Member

I doubt there’s many here who hasn’t read Worland’s words at some point in the last few decades. There are few names in a field that are ubiquitous. His one one. And his journalism one of the most trustworthy.

chipster

RIP.

higgi
    Free Member

RIP Mr Worland . one of the names I instantly associate with mountain biking .

scaredypants

Sad news. RIP.

Bregante

Just looked at his posting history and just a few days ago he was selling tyres from his daughters bike. Thoughts with her and his partner now.

Suggsey
    Free Member

As I have written elsewhere, shocking news, condolences to all the friends and family he has left behind. Like others he was of a small number of writers/ reviewers whose opinion I trusted over the years. 🙁

chrisbill

Terrible news – I’ve been reading his stuff since I took up mountain biking in 2002 at the age of 42. It was good to hear the opinions of a more mature member of the MTB fraternity. Condolences to his family and friends. Hope he is not resting in peace but pedalling somewhere else.

dannyh
    Free Member

That’s really bad news. He always came across as a someone knowledgable and with integrity. I remember a particular great pic in WMB when he was testing bargain bikes at some multilap event. He had a twinkle in his eye as he was making a carrera hardtail float over some roots, not super gnarly, but a regular looking bloke enjoying riding a bike (any bike) over some everyday stuff. And riding it bloody well.

RIP.

rewski
    Free Member

#happytrails Steve.

here, here!

righog
    Free Member

Sad news, my thoughts are with his family.

He was someone who really contributed to mountain biking in the UK.

I will miss his writing.

singlecrack
    Free Member

Oh dear …RIP Steve .
    Kind of felt like I grew up with him …followed his work since the early days ….

dude
    Free Member

Terrible. RIP

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’ve a vague memory of his name from back in the day, shocked to hear of his death. Reads like he enjoyed his life mind so at least he did what many of us would have loved to do.

Rest easy..

swavis

Blimey, genuinely shocked! Been reading and enjoying his articles for years

RIP Steve

mazz
    Free Member

RIP.

Shocked and saddened to see this news. Have followed his journalism for a long, long time. A real loss to the world of biking. Thoughts with his friends and family.

DezB
    Free Member

Wow, can’t believe I opened this to find the fella had died.
    Like others, ever since I’ve been mountain biking, I’ve been enjoying articles by Mr Worland. What a sad loss.
    Thoughts to his friends, family, and colleagues.

tomhoward

Fuuuuuuuuu…….

As above, really enjoyed his writing in both mbuk and st, and have done for more than half my life. RIP Steve, you will be missed enormously.

Thoughts with his family and friends.

nuke

That’s terrible news. Really didn’t expect that when I clicked on this thread. I was just sat reading his handbuilt UK frames article in issue 87.

RIP 🙁

project
    Free Member

HE WAS ALWAYS IN THE BIKE MAGS OFFERING GREAT ADVICE, SO VERY SAD .

colonelwax
    Free Member

Bloody hell, what a shock. Will raise a toast to him and his family tonight.

zbonty

Wow, thats shocking news on the front page tonight.

I had stopped short of his article yesterday in the mag just to give it a proper read tomorrow.

bol

Really sad about this. Poor family. Hopefully there is some comfort in the fact that he was so well respected by his readers and those around him.

skiboy
    Free Member

RIP Steve and thank you for sharing your time with us all.

twiglet_monster
    Free Member

Still can’t quite believe this – such a strong voice of UK mountain biking for so many years. shocked and stunned.

TM

CHB

I have probably been reading his stuff for nearly a quarter of a century. Truly shocked by his passing, sincere condolences to his nearest and dearest, you have lost a man who is appreciated by many.

noteeth
    Free Member

Terrible news. He was a defining influence upon British mountain biking.

Deepest sympathy to his family. Rest in Peace, Steve.

dawson

As others have said – been reading his stuff since the early days of MBUK – sad to hear of his passing 🙁

souldrummer
    Free Member

As many have said, I have been reading his stuff for years. I never met him but I had a lot of respect for him through his writing. Thoughts are with his family and friends. RIP

jimmy

Very sad, an MTB institution in his own right.

daftvader
    Free Member

Been reading his stuff since I was about 15…. sad sad news. 🙁 rest easy fella

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 110 total)

The topic ‘Steve Worland’ is closed to new replies.