Steve Jobs resigns!

Home Forum Chat Forum Steve Jobs resigns!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 85 total)
  • Steve Jobs resigns!
  • hora

****. I don’t care about his job. This isn’t a good indicator regarding his health. 🙁

Premier Icon rOcKeTdOg
    Subscriber

i’m surprised the fanbois haven’t posted this before (maybe they have!) perhaps they are all in mourning?

good luck to Jobs though, health is everything afterall

allthepies

Whatever you think about him he’s done amazing things at Apple. Good luck,

Premier Icon GrahamS
    Subscriber

i’m surprised the fanbois haven’t posted this before

We’re too busy mixing up Kool-Aid in preparation for our moment of final ascension to the Great App Store.

Premier Icon footflaps
    Subscriber

very Stargate Atlantis there GrahamS….

xcgb

As chairman he will still have a lot of clout though

Premier Icon wwaswas
    Subscriber
    clubber

iQuit

(heard it on the radio but it made me lol. Always sad to see someone have to quit what they love because of illness)

llama

Not an apple user myself but I hope they can continue to be innovative without him. However I suspect not; coorporate america does not reward that sort of thing.

CountZero

It’s Steve who’s driven the company, and had the vision to find and employ the right people to fill the positions to take the company where he wanted it to go. Tim Cook is just as obsessed with the business as Jobs’ is, but everyone forgets who it is who actually designs all the products. And it ain’t Steve Jobs.

Quasi-religious cult…..

clubber

Absolutely – there will always be muppets lacking personality who try to buy it through products/things, CFH and tbh I don’t find SJ a very appealing person BUT Apple has unquestionably driven innovation and forced others to compete by creating better products. That’s a positive in my eyes.

Apple has unquestionably driven innovation and forced others to compete by creating better products. That’s a positive in my eyes.

Very much so, and for that they deserve credit. I do, however, find the almost religious zeal of some fanbois a little disturbing!

clubber

But that’s true of all sorts of products/things – be it bike brands, football teams, cars, clothes. It’s the people trying to define themselves through something that you can buy/associate with that are the issue really, not the brands.

theman

I do, however, find the almost religious zeal of some fanbois a little disturbing!

Something that appears to be matched, somewhat, by the zeal of those who take an anti-apple stance.

i’m surprised the fanbois haven’t posted this before (maybe they have!) perhaps they are all in mourning?

Classy.

deadlydarcy

Very much so, and for that they deserve credit. I do, however, find the almost religious zeal of some fanbois a little disturbing!

Really? Jesus, I’d never have guessed…you’ve hardly mentioned it in the past. Do you really feel that way? Well, I never… 🙄

deadlydarcy

BBC Linky

His letter:

Letter from Steve Jobs
    To the Apple Board of Directors and the Apple Community:

I have always said if there ever came a day when I could no longer meet my duties and expectations as Apple’s CEO, I would be the first to let you know. Unfortunately, that day has come.

I hereby resign as CEO of Apple. I would like to serve, if the Board sees fit, as Chairman of the Board, director and Apple employee.

As far as my successor goes, I strongly recommend that we execute our succession plan and name Tim Cook as CEO of Apple.

I believe Apple’s brightest and most innovative days are ahead of it. And I look forward to watching and contributing to its success in a new role.

I have made some of the best friends of my life at Apple, and I thank you all for the many years of being able to work alongside you.

Steve

Last of a disappearing breed? Apple’s shares fell 5% after the story broke.

I guess he’d swap it all for his health right now.

Premier Icon GrahamS
    Subscriber

very Stargate Atlantis there GrahamS….

? I was thinking more Jonestown.

I do, however, find the almost religious zeal of some fanbois a little disturbing!

Loads of folk go on about the unquestioning iFanboi zealot sheeple – but I rarely see any real examples of it. (granted this may be because I’m one of “them”)

What I do see a fair bit is folk simply defending themselves when they are called idiots, zealots and mindless drones for liking a particular brand of gadget.

Anyway: good luck Steve. Hope your retirement is long and happy.

ilovemygears

so the Virus that he claims not to have is most definitely not entering its final stages then….

willard

Virus? You mean pancreatitis?

Either way, it is going to be a loss for the company, but I sincerely hope that he can improve his health away from the company.

Premier Icon GrahamS
    Subscriber

so the Virus that he claims not to have is most definitely not entering its final stages then….

Virus? He has pancreatic cancer and had a liver transplant two years ago.

Premier Icon Cougar
    Subscriber

Steve Jobs retires. End of an era. The net result at Apple, however, will be precisely zero as far as the end users are concerned.

See how Microsoft underwent radical changes when Bill Gates stood down? No, me neither. Apple is a huge corporation, SJ is merely the public face of it.

I rarely see any real examples

Start a thread asking for phone advice. Give an exacting list of requirements for which an iPhone is unsuitable, then see how long it takes for someone to tell you that you need an iPhone. I give it to the end of page 1.

For added gits and shiggles, it works with Linux and Mac owners too.

konabunny

Loads of folk go on about the unquestioning iFanboi zealot sheeple – but I rarely see any real examples of it.

I agree.

(one of us, one of us…)

ilovemygears

willard – Member
    Virus? You mean pancreatitis?

Either way, it is going to be a loss for the company, but I sincerely hope that he can improve his health away from the company.

umm you do know he is meant to be dieing of Aids dont you, it was a huge net meme.

http://encyclopediadramatica.ch/Steve_Jobs

deadlydarcy

Start a thread asking for phone advice. Give an exacting list of requirements for which an iPhone is unsuitable, then see how long it takes for someone to tell you that you need an iPhone. I give it to the end of page 1.

That’s more about STW than anything else.

Premier Icon vinnyeh
    Subscriber

Give an exacting list of requirements for which an iPhone is unsuitable, then see how long it takes for someone to tell you that you need an iPhone.

I’m struggling to come up with that list, Cougar. 😥

Premier Icon Lifer
    Subscriber

@lmg 🙄

clubber

Fanboi-ism does exist but DD is right – thread below – specifically not Giant Anthem. What’s being discussed in page 1?

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/what-new-bike-other-than-an-anthem

(caveat – I know that it’s not a perfect example but it’s definitely STW 🙂 )

1) Battery life
    2) Instructions on how to use it
    3) Rugged

There you go, I have started you off with 3

z1ppy

Alternatively:
    Start a thread asking for iphone advice. Give an exacting list of requirements for why iPhone is suitable, then see how long it takes for someone to tell you that you need an HTC/Windows Phones et all. I give it to the end of post 4.

As above, it won’t affect Apple in the slightest long term, I wish the bloke the best of luck with his health problems.

Premier Icon GrahamS
    Subscriber

Start a thread asking for phone advice.

People giving bad advice is not zealotry.

it works with Linux and Mac owners too.

An Android/HTC owners, PC owners, Mondeo drivers, golfers, cross-stitch enthusiasts… etc etc etc people give advice about what they know. That ain’t “religious zeal” or a “Quasi-religious cult”

DrJ

I’m struggling to come up with that list, Cougar.

It usually just consists of the requirement “I don’t want to buy an Apple product”. Whether that makes any sense or not is another issue.

theman

1) Battery life
    3) Rugged

Motorola Defy.

Premier Icon Cougar
    Subscriber

I’m struggling to come up with that list, Cougar

Fanboi. (-:

Alternatively:
    Start a thread asking for iphone advice. Give an exacting list of requirements for why iPhone is suitable, then see how long it takes for someone to tell you that you need an HTC/Windows Phones et all. I give it to the end of post 4.

Can you give me an example?

Premier Icon stilltortoise
    Subscriber

Give an exacting list of requirements for which an iPhone is unsuitable, then see how long it takes for someone to tell you that you need an iPhone.

1) Battery life
    3) Rugged

<fights urge not to leap to the iPhone’s defence and thereby prove a point/>

Premier Icon stilltortoise
    Subscriber

Cougar masquerading as TJ. I claim my prize 🙂

Premier Icon Cougar
    Subscriber

umm you do know he is meant to be dieing of Aids dont you, it was a huge net meme.

It was on the Internet so it must be true!!!!

ilovemygears

yea but just look at him, hes got it..

deadlydarcy

That’s also very STW.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 85 total)

The topic ‘Steve Jobs resigns!’ is closed to new replies.