Viewing 32 posts - 121 through 152 (of 152 total)
  • Stephen Fry lets rip at The Mail..
  • mt
    Free Member

Yes deadly but it still came across like the big boy in the play ground and you confirmed it with your blah blah comment. 😉

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Yes deadly but it still came across like the big boy in the play ground and you confirmed it with your blah blah comment.

I assure you, neither was intended to come across like that. In your hurry to jump in, you may have misunderstood me. If you did, then accept my apologies. I am, however, delighted to have impressed you so much that you thought I could teach Stephen Fry a thing or two though – I really couldn’t. 😉

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Oh ffs mt. enfht comes on here specifically to throw insults at people, and bloodynora to remind everyone how daft he is : example

The least we can do is not ignore them.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    rogerthecat
    Free Member

Blimey do some people really think that running about, jumping over stuff and throwing things is more important than peoples lives?

scuzz
    Free Member

Report it then!

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Who? Me? I don’t report anything……nothing offends me.

mt
    Free Member

Since post has been deleted due to a complaint I shall take a different approach that I hope conveys the same sentiment without the including the fact that caused the offence. If I miss a bit remind me but I trying to keep it short.

deadly, you could teach Fry something none of us is perfect and have lessons to learn. I don’t think Fry is right (he is on DM) regarding the Olympics as its to late now. Did not just jump in as I posted earlier but it was a poor. Since you have apologised I then it obvious that the impression given is misunderstood, my apologies to you. 🙂

Earnie, sorry! 🙂

Time for work.

rickmeister

Hmmm. Great response to the Mail by Fry, an excellent read.

Re the Olympics, I think all our athletes, irrespective and inclusive of all all sexual preferences should go to the games, representing our country, strong and determined to win in all disciplines.

Hitler has been referenced a lot in the articles and texts above. No-one yet has mentioned Jesse Owens at the games and the powerful image and after effect this had in changing the perception of a lot of people.

In today’s speak, Jesse “Owns” Hitler at those games and the World saw it that way.

Being a strong UK team, going to Russia competing and winning provides a great chance to embarrass the very attitudes we / I dislike on both the world stage and on the home turf of the narrow minded.

Now I’m not suggesting that the whole team charge off to Russia with an overt pro-gay rights agenda but personally, I feel there is more to be gained by going and facing the challenge than staying at home and shouting and stamping our feet about it from a distance…

Putin presenting gold medals to a worthy winner (who just may be gay and from any nationality), won’t happen but would be a priceless moment.

deviant
    Free Member

I love Fry’s work, QI is good, Blackadder was brilliant.
    He is a great wordsmith too….but sometimes he comes across as a bit whiney.
    Putin on the other hand is a true alpha male and has probably never heard of Stephen Fry.

Is it OK to like them both?

mt
    Free Member

Yes but be careful. Theres one of them I would trust and one I would not.

khani
    Free Member

Fry should be made Editer of the Mail, and the Editer of the mail should be bumm…. No.. Lets leave it at that….
    I’d love to see the Mail readers reaction to a Fry edition though…

binners

Careful Deviant. Now that you’ve said that you like Putin (and who wouldn’t like a man who punches crocodiles and stuff), if you now say that, in the light of new evidence, you’ve changed your mind, you tend to end up in prison. Or dead.

I doubt Stephen Fry employs any similar tactics

Junkyard
    Free Member

Yes the democratic tendencies of Fry is a real weakness in his character and one of Putins many many strengths

Theres one of them I would trust and one I would not.

I shall go out in a limb and suggest is it is the constitution changing, new party forming autocratic, hate filled anti democratic despot one.

No-one yet has mentioned Jesse Owens at the games and the powerful image and after effect this had in changing the perception of a lot of people.

Yes the way his victory crushed the Nazi agenda and ideals leading to Hitlers downfall. I feel certain that some gay athletes will do exactly the same in Russia and lead to a whole revision of their attitudes re homosexuals just like Jesses victories did to the Nazis

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Jesse’s performances publicly refuted the Nazi ideology that Aryans were naturally superior, a claimed superiority used to justify denying equal rights to all humanity.

Everything, including resistance to evil autocracy, begins with an idea.

binners

Yeah, but he could have done that by just showing that he was, like, better at dancing, ‘n rapping, ‘n shit

MrSmith
    Free Member

you don’t need Stephen Fry to make yourself aware of the Daily Mail and what it’s editorial content stands for.
    if you do then that suggests you lack any insight or objectivity as to how the world works. you probably look to Russell Brand for moral guidance too.

molgrips
    Free Member

What’s so good about being an alpha male?

MrSmith
    Free Member

is that the main feature in next weeks Mail on Sunday magazine?

binners

Nobody can nick your dinner money Molly

*longs to be an alpha male, while weeping hungrily*

mefty
    Free Member

Good to see another victory for the Daily Mail they have got the governing parties to pay Joan Edwards’ bequest to the Treasury – even Polly Toynbee was complimentary.

El-bent
    Free Member

Jesse’s performances publicly refuted the Nazi ideology that Aryans were naturally superior, a claimed superiority used to justify denying equal rights to all humanity.

Everything, including resistance to evil autocracy, begins with an idea.

But did not stop them from attempting to carry out “their Ideals”. Yes you can go to the Olympics and show solidarity to those being oppressed, but all of that will simply be swept under the carpet and normal service resumed by Russia.

We have the entire history of the Human race to draw upon, and it tells us if we appease, other get oppressed or worse. It’s a lesson our political masters conveniently forget.

ransos
    Free Member

Well yes, but do you know which head of state refused to meet Jesse Owens? (I got the answer from QI!)

ransos
    Free Member

Anyway, I haven’t seen this for a while:

crankboy
    Free Member

cut and paste but:-
    “Any notion that the Germans were “embarrassed” because of victories by non-Whites at the Berlin Games is ridiculous. Jesse Owens is very prominently featured in Olympia, the official German documentary of the Games. Leni Riefenstahl’s film masterwork also devotes great attention to many other non-Whites, including outstanding Japanese athletes. The same holds true in the deluxe, semi-official German picture book commemorating the Games, Die Olympischen Spiele 1936, released by the Cigaretten-Bilderdienst. Jesse Owens is pictured seven times in this book – more than any other athlete – and is admiringly referred to as “the fastest in the world.” A large picture in the book records the chiseling of the victors’ names in granite at the stadium – and singled out in this picture is: “Owens U.S.A.”

Despite the remarkable achievements of Jesse Owens, and of other athletes of all races, Germany did capture more gold medals than any other nation, thus “winning” the Olympics – a fact usually ignored in discussions of the 1936 Games.”
    From The Journal of Historical Review, Spring 1984 (Vol. 5, No. 1), pages 123-125
    It is really simple Boycott the games Russians ask “why are our games rubbish?” Putin looks like a fool . don’t boycott the games and Putin looks like a strong leader and gets the message the world don’t care about the civil rights of his citizens or indeed those of our own athletes and visitors to Russia.

breatheeasy
    Free Member

It is really simple Boycott the games Russians ask “why are our games rubbish?” Putin looks like a fool

Really? Russia win 75% of the medals. Putin thinks Russia is god-like in sports events and crows continually to all who’ll listen (including his own country).

breatheeasy
    Free Member

Fry could have made his point much better if he hadn’t reverted to the playground equivalent of “and your mum smells” (albeit in a much cleverer way) at the end of the riposte.

dannyh
    Free Member

Have there been any fresh developments in Fry versus the Volkischer Beobachter today?

There must be some kind of pun involving the name Fry. The obvious one is inappropriate. How about calling the Mail’s anti-Fry militia the Fry-korps?

I bet they’d get all turned on by the riding breeches, and above all, the discipline.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

I suspect they are having a huge meeting at Racist Towers, AKA Daily Mail, with a plan to destroy Fry.

grum
    Free Member

Good to see another victory for the Daily Mail they have got the governing parties to pay Joan Edwards’ bequest to the Treasury – even Polly Toynbee was complimentary.

Hitler was a vegetarian you know. 😉

mt
    Free Member

Aye and he only had one ball, got that from Dads Army. Is that alpha male?

There must be some kind of pun involving the name Fry. The obvious one is inappropriate.

It’s not that obvious to me. Give us another clue.

dannyh
    Free Member

Arbeit macht ………..

Not appropriate or funny.

Calling Dacre’s henchmen the fry-korps does tickle me, though.

Viewing 32 posts - 121 through 152 (of 152 total)

The topic ‘Stephen Fry lets rip at The Mail..’ is closed to new replies.