Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Stem bolt GPS mounts
  • Premier Icon mashr
    Free Member

In the search for a perfectly centred GPS I thought I’d gamble £5 on this https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/224030814917

Oddly enough it hasn’t worked out. The spacers are plastic (you can likely already see the issue) so when you torque up the bolts they really deform! So much so that the top bolts, which hasn’t been touched were loose even after the bottom ones were supposedly tightened.

Has anyone trusted there teeth to something similar/better? I can see a Prime one on Wiggle/CRC but the spacers also look like they’re just plastic. I can imagine the normal mount companies wanting to avoid the lawyer fees of doing one….

Premier Icon MoreCashThanDash

Can’t use that link, but I’ve got the Wahoo mount from these guys – this what you meant? Sits a bit high but solid and central.

Computer Mounts & Accessories

Premier Icon mashr
    Free Member

Try this instead

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/224030814917

Same idea as the JRC one but looked a bit tidier. Do JRC still use plastic tubes too?

Premier Icon TiRed

I tried one for my Propel because it has funky aero bars and not enough round profile. It worked but looked agricultural. Then Raceware brought out a proper profiled version and then so did Giant. Mine was an R mount from Amazon and was more adjustable – two bolts so could pivot independent of stem angle.#

Found this. Not cheap – but Sigma won’t sell rubbish Form mount

Premier Icon Leigh
    Free Member

I’m using a jrc components one at the moment, seems quite strong and not had any trouble with it bolting up tight

Premier Icon mashr
    Free Member

Same question, does the JRC still use little plastic spacers? It’s not the mount itself in question, rather how the faceplate is being tightened up (or not if the spacers start deforming)

Premier Icon Aidy
    Free Member

I bought one of those, or similar, had metal spacers. Couldn’t quite get on with it, though.

Premier Icon cookeaa

I’ve had two similar cheapo out front mounts first one worked fine the (alloy) spacers were man enough. So I bought a second for anther bike and although it seemed identical the spacers (also alloy) deformed long before there was enough clamping force on the bar…

I think it’s hit or miss depending on what flavour of material they have in that week to chop up for spacers.

Premier Icon cheers_drive

Try this instead

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/224030814917

If a UK seller can sell that at £5 and make any profit you have to wonder about the quality and ethics involved in manufacture. Then there the fact that it’s become a safety critical component by using the stem bolts.

Premier Icon MoreCashThanDash

Had no problems with my JRC spacers.

Premier Icon TheGingerOne

I’m that situation I would use the barfly over the stem mount.

Premier Icon belgianwaffle1

I got one of those off Amazon a while ago, worked like a treat on a Pompino with a 3T stem.

Premier Icon simondbarnes

Buy a blendr compatible Bontrager stem and use a blendr garmin mount

View post on imgur.com

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.