Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Steel or Ti cross bike options
  • bland

I’m after a steel or ti cross bike that has cross/relaxed and not race geometry, threaded B.B., will take 45mm tyres and discs.

What’s out there? The pickenflick seems the best option from review and price perspective but want to exhaust the search first. Fairlights new secan looks nice too but I don’t even know a price on that yet.

Ive got a Kim canic cxc at present and it’s a lovely bike but not for what I want it for having rode it for a year. I want a long day in saddle bike that will happily do a mountain bike ride if that helps.

just not a lot out there that seems to tick the box

oldnpastit

Singular Kite, but only goes to 42mm tyres:

https://webshop.singularcycles.com/en/Products/Singular-Kite.html

If it’s anything like as nice as my Swift it’ll be great.

Do Surly do a disc version of the Cross-Check? That would likely have clearance up to 50mm.

The Cotic escapade with 650b x 47mm tyres looks kind of interesting as well.

Obviously none of these are true cross bikes, for all sorts of reasons. But if you’re wanting those giant tyres, you probably knew that!

P20

Reilly Gradient. Just looks perfect. There was one on here recently.

Sonder Camino Ti?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    pigyn
    Free Member

Rondo Ruut ST takes a decent size tyre, rated to 42 but got clearance for more, usual caveats apply. Also lovely abd light especially for a production steel frame.

Rondo Ruut ST

Pedals Bike Care – Rondo Ruut ST

Ben_H

I’ll be selling a mint-coloured Surly Straggler frameset after the weekend – it’s essentially a Cross Check with discs. Drop me a PM if interested. It’s 18 months old and in lovely condition, 54cm (56cm traditional road geometry).

ibnchris

Plus one for the Reilly Gradient. I have one, it’s awesome. Got a pair of hope 20fives for Road riding with 35mm slicks and a pair of hope xc 27.5 wheels with 2 inch tyres for off road duties. Think it takes 48mm on a 700 wheel

schmiken

Aren’t you just describing a gravel bike?

Maybe look at the Kinesis Tripster?

scotroutes

Van Nicholas Amazon

jkomo

Charge plug 5

kerley
    Free Member

Aren’t you just describing a gravel bike?

Would appear so with relaxed geometry and 45c tyres.

bland

Cheers guys, Reilly Gradient is a new one to me and looks very nice indeed!

Im after something that isn’t a road bike with knobblies on as I’ve got a nice road bike and want clear differential between the two. I’ve had slicks on the canic and while it looks like a road bike it’s light years away from my revelator so the idea of one bike for both duties was thrown out a long time ago

siwhite
    Free Member

Sonder Camino Ti. I have one and love it…

hardtailonly

Love my Pickenflick.

epicyclo
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Steel or Ti cross bike options’ is closed to new replies.