Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Steel or acryllic bath?
  • bearnecessities

I have to buy a 1600 bath, so options are limited. However, they are split between steel (twyfords) and acrillic (Carron).

The rest of the suite is twyfords, so the white will match etc. I gather though from google that steel loses heat quicker, but does anyone actually notice?

Any other issues I should be aware of from either option?

Thank you!

ton

cast iron….oh!! 😆

northernmatt

Steel will be enamelled. Drop the shower head on it and you’ll chip it, acrylic you’ll get a hole (if it’s a cheap one).

There’s lots of 1600 baths out there. Have a mooch round the Eastbrook website. Best thing to do if you get a chance is pop down a plumbers merchant and ask the lads on the counter. They may look like they couldn’t give a toss but (if they’re anything like my lot) are actually quite helpful.

mrmo
    Free Member

had steel a few weeks ago and now got acrylic, steel is definitely colder to the touch. ( at least in this case)

miketually
    Free Member

We were advised against steel by our plumbers merchant. They said to look for acrylic where the wooden base board is encapsulated into the plastic.

ontor
    Free Member

It can only be carbon;

Really makes bathtime come alive…

Wally

I have a cast iron deep ordinary shaped bath……lovely. Yes – it takes some heat energy to warm up – but also retains it. Really heavy though – a four person job getting it up the stairs and turned.

bearnecessities

Cast iron not an option, but thanks though. I’ll stick to the acrylic baths then.

Ta.

parkesie
    Free Member

Just won a cast iron roll top on ebay for £25 on ebay. Lord knows how im going to pick it up 🙂

sharkbait
    Free Member

Carefully?

bearnecessities

Lord knows how im going to pick it up

With help!

parkesie
    Free Member

Luckilythe house its going in has the bathroom downstairs 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Steel or acryllic bath?’ is closed to new replies.