• This topic has 92 replies, 41 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by LAT.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 93 total)
  • Steel full sussers?
  • Jordan

Don’t really want to start another thread but I think my searching skills must be crap. There was a recent thread asking for reccomendations for steel full sussers and search as I might, I can’t find it. Can anyone help please?

Don’t know about the thread in question, but this would be on my shortlist

shan

funkmasterp

Starling or Swarf if I had the money. Curtis if I had all the money

intheborders
    Free Member

Search by name, e.g. Cotic.

I can recommend a Flaremax, far more capable than 120mm travel should be.

scuttler

Swarf not making bikes anymore

Jordan

Ok cheers folks, if you don’t mind keep the names coming please. Will be checking out the above suggestions.

frogstomp

Stanton

CalamityJames
    Free Member

BTR Pinner would be on my (very) short list if
    A. I was in the market for one, and
    B. I had all the moneys

tomhoward

Project 12
    Marino
    Madnes
    Huhn

droplinked

Starling
    Stanton
    Cotic
    Pipedream
    Howler Frameworks
    Curtis
    Morph Cycles
    Production Privee
    BTR

samwilk200
    Free Member

Just get a Starling

I can’t get past how spindly the seat stays are on Starlings. I’m sure it’s fine, just looks odd

LAT

coal and ferrum are another 2 for the list.

a couple of questions to ask yourself are how much you want to spend and how long you are prepared to wait.

funkmasterp

Swarf not making bikes anymore

Nooo!

captain_bastard
    Free Member

If I was in the market….

SST

phil5556

I’ll take one of these please 🙂

<span style=”font-size: 0.8rem;”>https://www.cotic.co.uk/product/jeht</span&gt;

I’m not riding enough to even think about a new MTB but they look lovely.

Jordan

@phil5556 They had a lovely black one of those on the stand at Ard Rock last year that definately caught my eye. There was also a Starling there I believe which also looked nice.

Jordan

Cheers @paton plenty to go at there.

sparkyrhino

The magical steel bannana tree(its a sturdy tree)

el_boufador

There was a bloke at the boltby bash last week on a kingdom void. It was probably the nicest bike there that I saw.

kingdom void

Actually I’ve just realised it’s ti. Oh well, even nicer then!

The magical steel bannana tree(its a sturdy tree)

I love PP (have a Shan 26), hence my suggestion at the start of the thread. But that cable routing, jeez 😳🤮😂

sparkyrhino

🤣just practical

Del

Mate has just got a starling and I was surprised by it’s value and the detail on it. Lovely looking thing. Didn’t ride it but he’s pleased with it and knows what he’s about so I’d seriously consider one.

tourismo

Absolutely love my flaremax, really capable all round bike.

LAT

the reeb sst is lovely looking

the flare maxalso

i have a factory murmur. it is a great bike

tuboflard

All my bikes except one are steel. Can’t seem to consider anything but. Only one full suspension bike though, a Cotic RocketMAX. Super bike for full on riding, doesn’t get ridden all that much as tend to take out a hardtail, but it’s still so good when I do get out on it.

Matt_SS_xc

Clandestine combe….

paton
    Free Member
    colournoise

Love my monster truck mullet RocketMAX, but it’s way too much bike for most stuff I ride. Unless you’re an enduro beast, a Jeht is probably a better call for all-round riding.

paton
    Free Member
    zezaskar
    Free Member

What happened to Swarf?

tomhoward
    wbo
    Free Member

What happens to the warranty if your boutique custom builder folds?

That’s a loaded question as I don’t reallyy like steel fusll sussers, and there are recommendations above for builders who almost certainly won’t be around in ayear (as they’ve said they’re packing in)

funkmasterp

Any synopsis for Swarf for those that don’t have Instagram? My favourite looking steel full sus bikes by some margin. Mainly because they liked like hardtails.

tomhoward

The last 8 years running Swarf has been a roller coaster journey, I’ve made some sweet frames and great friends all over the world. However, the time has come for me to do something new and I’ve decided to stop making frames commercially from now onwards. I’ve got a new challenge within the bike industry, more details to follow shortly! My Instagram will still be active with any interesting stuff I’m up to and the Swarf email address is still live for any customers needing to contact me for anything. Cheers all, it’s been a blast!

funkmasterp

Thanks Tom.

zezaskar
    Free Member

Had no idea about the Swarf situation. Bummer, hope he got a good opportunity the put him in a better situation tho.

The whole small boutique brand gig is definitely a tough one to pull off. You’re competing with big manufacturers with and extremely industrialized and efficient production process

Jordan

So, better to stick with long established brands like Cotic then??

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 93 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.