Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Steel frame repairs
  • jonk

Hi,
    I have a retro steel welded MTB that i want to modernise -have disk mounts put on etc.
    It will be repainted once done and a gift for my dad’s 70th next year.
    Any recommendations for frame restorers in the northwest that would do this type of work? Thanks

paton
    Free Member

Worth asking

https://www.candgfinishes.co.uk/

They can paint a frame, but they might know someone that can weld or braze a frame.

boblo
    Free Member

Rourke’s are NW as in Choke on Stench. They bought the Longstaff business and repaired mine recently.

Longstaff used to use CandG Finishers who painted my tandem when I had it built. Lasted over 20 years until I had it repaired and repainted by Rourke’s recently.

mick_r

Also Simpson Frameworks up in Kendal. So from Rourke’s in the south, Atlantic, Hewitt and Simpson that is most of the NW covered.

Depending on the existing dropout, type of disc mount and shape of chainstay it can be a reasonable chunk of work (I’ve done it for mates and my own frames).

You might also find some corrosion surprises so maybe better to get blasted before starting any work (but most stuff is fixable by patching or replacing tubes).

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.