Viewing 28 posts - 161 through 188 (of 188 total)
  • Steel City DH 2012
  • Pook

I’ll look later

Pook

I’ll look later

Pook

guess what I’m doing later….

bloody phone

Pook

guess what I’m doing later….

bloody phone

Tracey

Yes

Pook

Aagh!

docrobster
    Free Member

I was at med school with him- top bloke (for a brummie)

Tracey

First class guy

Pook

Really sorry guys – I’ve been through and can’t seem to spot you 🙁
    I’ll keep looking.

Tracey

Think this is you

littlegirlbunny
    Free Member

Nope that is my good friend Cath!

I wear a neck brace, have a black TLD helmet and only wear knee pads (not full armour) 🙂

But thanks for looking and I’m sure Cath will appreciate the photo!

simonm
    Free Member

looking good off that drop

nickhart
    Free Member

Simons, in answer to the question who’s that guy, well that’s big Matt from 18 bikes. And a little aside on the journalistic front, Jon from justridingalong was racing on his 650b wheels… Not sure how he did though as I can’t find any results sheets anywhere?

rob-jackson
    Free Member

nick – si and matt are best mates – it was a piss take q

gravity-slave
    Free Member
    simonm
    Free Member

Is that two DH first in this race ?
    First win at a DH race for a 29er and first podium at a DH race for 650b wheels ?

nickhart
    Free Member

Cheers cruz, silly me!

Tracey

How about this one

littlegirlbunny
    Free Member

Oh aye, that’s me – ta Tracey 😀

droppinneutron
    Free Member

Think I got one of you too:

[/url] DSC_3222 by droppin-neutron, on Flickr[/img]

littlegirlbunny
    Free Member

droppinneutron – thank you sooooo much for putting this up. 😀

I was hoping someone had got a pick of my not-so-successful attempt at the gap! I knew I was gonna struggle in the wet cos I barely cleared it a few weeks before in the dry, and that was when there was a pallet in the landing, but thought stuff it, gotta at least try in practice cos it would’ve definitely given me a few more seconds on my run if I could pull it off.

Would you mind if I use this as my facebook banner pic?

droppinneutron
    Free Member

No problem use away! You got further over than my mate did (pic no 2018 here):
    http://monkeyspoon.com/image-gallery/images-2012/g/12-04-21-peatys-steel-city-downhill#

littlegirlbunny
    Free Member

Haha that makes me feel better!

Thanks for the pic 😀

pinhead
    Free Member

No im not trolling merely stating the facts.

all the pics i have studied show neck braces and a shed load of triple crown monsters!
    it doesnt set a good example to the young ones,as they will be thinking this is what dowhill is then huh..will stick to bmx.

droppinneutron
    Free Member

I was overbiked on my Nomad, which is why I left my V10 at home, but I took my Nomad because my other bike, a Cannondale Synapse (google it) would have been under biked.

It was a really good day out and I dont think a single person didnt enjoy it or care what its title was.

pussywillow
    Free Member

pinhead – Member
    No im not trolling merely stating the facts.
    all the pics i have studied show neck braces and a shed load of triple crown monsters!
    it doesnt set a good example to the young ones,as they will be thinking this is what dowhill is then huh..will stick to bmx.
    POSTED 6 HOURS AGO # REPORT-POST

This is a very good point! Yes it was a good event and yes it was well organised but I think all pinhead is trying to say is it isn’t a DH course! And he’s right, it isn’t, and what’s happening with the sport is kids being mislead, then doing a “proper” DH course and ends up being out of his depth! Good point pinhead! Every ones entitled to there opinion whether it tarnishes a thread or not. So what! Big deal! It’s a forum FFS. Get over yerselves…. Well they’ll probly ban me again for this cos yer not aloud to state what most people are thinking anyhow! 😆
    If they do, don’t worry Bart it I’ll come back wi a diff name. 😆 😆 😆

fairhurst
    Free Member

I rode it the other day,yes not very good but here you are,a big thank you to my colleague who actually lives in the heart of the mighty steel city itself for filming me.
    i did require my full suspension system,but that is in the shop having new parts installed.im trying my hand at the downhill side of things now,hopefully i should get somewhat better
    enjoy,
    [video]http://vimeo.com/41343426[/video]

postridecake
    Free Member

Excellent video !! Good riding fairhurst although you need to practice the drops.keep it up I’m sure you could enter the race next year

Viewing 28 posts - 161 through 188 (of 188 total)

The topic ‘Steel City DH 2012’ is closed to new replies.