Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 188 total)
  • Steel City DH 2012
  • hora
    Free Member

Hecklings great

steveh

As one of the guys who organised the race this weekend, I’d like to say another thanks to those who came along on the day and for the feedback above.

The race was billed as a mini dh rather than full on dh race and this allows us to get the youngest kids in (10-12) to the race and encourages a much broader range of people to take part. The track was built for the race and to be part of the trails in the woods in the future. Most of the people who came to the race that I’ve seen gave us good feedback on the track despite it being a bit pedally (made worse by the mud).

While it wasn’t a perfect day the issues we had were minor and overall I’m happy with the event we put on. If anyone has any more feedback please feel free to email it to us or continue to post up here as we will keep checking back.

Tracey

Keep up the good work

hora
    Free Member

Thanks Steveh. I enjoyed spectating. Would it be possible to move the date back a few weeks? Ensure warmer/better weather? 2012 was amazing whereas 2011 was hummm wet!

I also enjoyed meeting Dave the Alsation :mrgreen:

thepodge
    Free Member

Yeah next year let’s make it a “proper” downhill & alienate a large chunk of entrants & spectators & change the ethos of the whole event.

Let’s also call it steel city alldownhillbutyoumighthavetopedal. It’s a much more accurate & catchy name.

Or we could just stop being a nob on the internet.

Pook

but podge, what would we do with all our spare time?

As a spectator it was great. Fantastic to see really talented riders mixing it up with the amateurs, and scary to see how good some of the kids were.

I’ve shared a few pics up there ^ but do have more. If you send a description I’ll try to find you.

Great work all those involved on both the track and the event.

thepodge
    Free Member

We could use all our free time to stroke kittens & pat dogs.

pinhead
    Free Member

Podgey were you the Jellybaby guy?

Yeah next year let’s make it a “proper” downhill & alienate a large chunk of entrants & spectators & change the ethos of the whole event.

why not do that?

Let’s also call it steel city alldownhillbutyoumighthavetopedal

Or we could just stop being a nob on the internet

seriously just rename it Steel City Trail Race? for next year…
    it is a forum! im just throwing a few ideas and voicing my opinion.

well done steveh etc..

simonm
    Free Member

What a FANTASTIC Day it was, loved beeing there and er trying to race. We have a GREAT MTB community in Sheffield and really celebrate having a World Champ riding amongst us.
    I didnt realise POOK and Hora were there, would love to have seen who your were.

Steve, well done to you and the team, everything worked like clockwork.

I wont hesitate to Race and Sponsor the prize again next year, unless your find a more bike orientatned sponsor this time 😉

BTW, Pinhead is just a wind up(I know who you are) -Rob told me yesterday 😉 Shame its tarnished the thread a little though.

Glad I pluckup up courage to do the drop this year.

thepodge
    Free Member

Pinhead, opinion isn’t a disclaimer for being a Pratt

I wasn’t the jellybaby guy

Why pander to one person’s troll, sorry opinion, when hundreds of people were happy with everything?

I don’t like you, I shall now not comment on your posts, an idea that you might like to apply to this thread and the whole ssdh

Pook

SimonM, if you were at the top gap jump I was the guy sat just by the landing point. Had some close encounters with the riders (and ants).

What number were you?

hora
    Free Member

simonm I’m going to bring a Duck whistle next year. There was a lad there with one and I couldn’t stop laughing whenever he used it.

We sat at the top of the final descent and horajnr kept on trying to slide down as though it was a slide 😮

simonm
    Free Member

ahh, I saw you Hora. Duck whistle sounds great.

Pook, I would have been launching the gap so wouldnt have seen you….er OK.. In my mind I would have done that gap 😉

Pook

£5 please hora

hora
    Free Member

Shurrup. You could sell my likeness to Reuters 😉

Pook

£10 now cos you’ve changed it

hora
    Free Member

Looks like a ventrilaquist doll doesnt he

Pook

about as wooden as his dad?

simonm
    Free Member

Are you feeding that lad Haribos ? What time did he finally get to sleep 😉

hora
    Free Member

Feeding? He threw half of them at pook who was trackside at the bottom of the slope 😆

He fell asleep in the car and slept like a baby when we got back. I think it was all that playing in the earth etc that did it. Mrshora thinks toddlers should live in clean/sterile environments :mrgreen:

rob-jackson
    Free Member

simonm – i “know” fairhurst not pinhead

rob-jackson
    Free Member

only know him off here mind, looking forward to meeting up in a few weeks when he and his partner are up in Rochdale for their annual Marrow growers festival.

Pook

simon M – what number were you? I can’t tell from your photo 😕

dashed
    Free Member

Pinhead – this was never billed as a DH event – I couldn’t enter for various reasons but right from the launch the organisers were promoting the event as being more suited to AM bike than a DH bike.

Katie even got her scar signed by the main man

Hope she’s doing well in whatever she’s recovering from…

littlegirlbunny
    Free Member

Pook – Member

what were you riding/what number were you?

I was number 84 and riding a blue n white giant glory. 🙂

dirk_pumpa
    Free Member

I was the one giving everybody grief with my pan and pedal spanner clanger setup.

lambo

Ace day, does anyone know how to find out the winning raffle numbers?

Pook

lgb – I’ll have a look for you later

steveh

lambo bigger prizes were kept for people who weren’t there and we’ll be in touch with anyone who won. When we got down to smaller things (like t shirts etc) we drew until someone shouted in the arena or we’d be living at the post office for a while!

Tracey

Thanks Dashed

She had a operation to correct her scoliosis in July last year and was out of biking and boarding till she got the all clear at the end of January. She has just had a weeks boarding in the Alps and is in the process of getting fit on her bike ready for this years Alps trip

Pook

I was number 84 and riding a blue n white giant glory.

Sorry LGB, I’ve been through my pics and I must have missed you (you were probably going too fast for me)

simonm
    Free Member

I was 152 Pook

simonm
    Free Member

you may have seen me on the floor, just before the drop on my second run 😉

Pook

I’ll have a look to tonight. What colour top/bike/lid?

littlegirlbunny
    Free Member

Sorry LGB, I’ve been through my pics and I must have missed you (you were probably going too fast for me)

Thanks for looking anyway 🙂

I’ve ended up buying one off roots and rain, partly because the profits are going to Woodhead mountain rescue. Good cause and one we all hope not to need!

Tracey

LGB

I will look through Katies pics tonight as I think ther is one of you

littlegirlbunny
    Free Member

LGB

I will look through Katies pics tonight as I think ther is one of you

Thanks Tracey 🙂

docrobster
    Free Member

pook- got any of me?
    Number 145 on a deeply unfashionable old marin. Blue top black helmet no pads.
    Cheers
    Tracey- that xray from sheffield children’s? Surgeon Mr Breakwell?

simonm
    Free Member

Black Everything.. then BRIGHT Orange POC top that you can’t miss on the pics.

Pook

I’ll look later

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 188 total)

The topic ‘Steel City DH 2012’ is closed to new replies.