Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Staying in Wakefield for work – take road bike or MTB?
  • thestabiliser
    Free Member

As above, on a course so will have evenings free-ish, any route suggestions, shop rides, sack it off and get pissed advice etc welcome, cheers big ears.

siloseven
    Free Member

MTB:

Peak district is about an hour away by car so probably not realistic for an evening ride
    Cut gate is about 40mins and a quick up and down blast is great
    Wharnecliffe/genoside is about 30mins away and also a good evening ride
    More sedate – Wonders of Wakefield marked trail takes about 2 hours to complete and starts in the town centre.

Road:
    Loads of fantastic quiet routes out west into the hills or east onto the flat.
    Calder Clarion probably have an organised evening ride but not sure of the details

jet26
    Free Member

Stabiliser when you up? Some reasonable mtb at newmillerdam/seckar wood/Woolley moor which can all be linked and at haw park wood too.

Good stuff over Penistone/Huddersfield way too.

Road wise – decent stuff out east or towards hudds.

Fairly local and spent my teens riding round there – drop me mail if you want.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Will be about Mon Tues, weds, I think may go home Tues night depending on how close spouse is to murdering the offspring.

pennine
    Free Member

Try BadBrainsMTB they have local evening rides on Tuesdays & Thursday
    BadBrainsMTB

markshires
    Free Member

I ride with Bad Brains, will be out Tuesday night 7:30 usual meet time but probably won’t be decided where until Tuesday though. You’ll be welcome to join us.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

thanks all, will look into all suggestions

any more?

andytheadequate
    Free Member

Newmillerdam and surrounding area is alright for mtb, although fairly flat.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

well had a spin round newmillardam and environs, very good. Thanks for all the suggestions

Markshires, will monitor the link and try to put an appearance in tomorrow.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Staying in Wakefield for work – take road bike or MTB?’ is closed to new replies.