Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Staying for the Season in Morzine
  • mk1fan
    Free Member

Hi there fine peoples of Singletrackworld.

I'm mulling over whether or not to spend next summer in Morzine. Kicking off with the Passportes (I'm taking a break in Alpe d'Huez for the Mega) and staying until the beginning of September.

Bike wise I'm set. It's the accommodation side I'm needing advice on. Does anyone have a link to rental flats in Morzine? I don't need a holiday let. Also, will I be liable for any local taxes (like council tax) or such like?

Cheers folks.

Happy trails,
    mk1fan

MoreCheeseGromit

I've done a winter season in Morzine, but was lucky enough to know someone who used to run a seasonaire chalet so didn't have to go through the hassle of finding somewhere to stay. However I did find out the people I shared with, did was use sites like

Natives

or may be something useful here:

Morznet

The other thing to do would be to contact chalet companies that operate biking holidays in the summer (e.g. Endless ride, Flow). They may be able to put you in contact with someone who rent apartments. They may have live out staff in the summer who also need places to live.

Also may be worth contacting comapnies who run winter seasonaire chalets, as there is a chance they may, or at least know someone who rents in the summer.

No idea about the taxes and stuff. I didn't pay any directly, but it may have been included in my rent.

Hope some of the above useful.

mk1fan
    Free Member

Thank you.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    mandog

Don't dilly dally, may be i'll go may be not. Just do it.

All you need is a room in a shared place big enough for 2 extra guests to stay on the floor.

Why not give Nick at The Search a call, he'll have a few contacts?

If you've got a mate who can speak French he can speak with the authorities to find out if there are any particulars to be aware of.

stevomcd
    Free Member

All your taxes should be included in the apartment rent (if they're not, find another appartment, more hassle than it's worth!).

There'll be no shortage of accommodation available, shop around and/or haggle!

MTB-Idle
    Free Member

from what i've read I'm assuming you are on an extended holiday and aren't working so cant see why you would need to worry about paying tax (on what?).

Do it while you can and don't look back

stevomcd
    Free Member

He's talking about local council taxes (know as Taxe Foncieres and Taxe d'habitation in France).

mk1fan
    Free Member

Bumpy bumpy,

Thanks for the help guys. Will follow up on things over the next week.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Staying for the Season in Morzine’ is closed to new replies.