Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Staveley/Kentmere quickblast suggestions
  • fergal
    Free Member

Have a few ours to kill tomorrow, any trails with interest, cheers.

richardkennerley

Along main road to Ings, up and over Garburn to Kentmere, then over stile end, back over green quarter to HP plantation, back to Kentmere past the hall, climb up and finish with three rivers. Back to staveley for pint in the brewery. Fingers crossed I’ll be doing this myself on Wednesday or Thursday.

whitestone
    Free Member

From Staveley over the Green Quarter to Longsleddale back over from Sadgill to Kentmere, back up on to Green Quarter, down the HP descent across the river to Ullthwaite Bridge then up on to Mickle Moss, turn right for Kentmere but descend the Three Rivers descent back to Ullthwaite Bridge then back along the road to Staveley.

Don’t know what you’ll do the rest of the time 😀

fergal
    Free Member

Thanks for those, the BW’s then, is the HP descent the obvious BW down to the bridge?, i really only have a couple of hours.

bigfoot
    Free Member

HP comes out on the road 1/2 mile up from the bridge, its a pretty crap descent now since they’ve had machines up it and put in a new gate.

Junkyard
    Free Member

garburn pass then down to farm climb up and turn left at first river – one ricky loose descent and one reasonable descent

Longish climb to get up to Garburn but its the best downhill you can do in that area in the time available

martinhutch

Would have thought Garburn from west to east was possible in that time quite easily.

martinhutch

Would have thought Garburn from west to east was possible in that time quite easily.

richardkennerley

Yep, for a short ride do garburn dropping into kentmere. Turn right and her down to the hall, then climb away from Kentmere and take the first obvious bridleway off to the left, as JY described. Nice little loop.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Staveley/Kentmere quickblast suggestions’ is closed to new replies.