Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 75 total)
  • Stava: How many KOMs do you have?
  • crotchrocket
    Free Member

and achievements?

Is there a way to set up a STW League 😀

wwaswas

there’s already an STW group on strava.

None 🙁

I had a few but some ex-Giant sponsored Cat 1 roadie near me has decided to take up mountain biking and has hoovered all the climb KOM’s up like a whale inhaling krill.

And I walk down anythign technical so the descents were never going to be KOM’s for me.

fasthaggis

Is Stava new ?

njee20
    Free Member

Edit: found out.

19 KOMs, lost about 5 in the last week 🙁

mafiafish
    Free Member

Have a few, proudest one was skyline at Afan despite getting caught up in some mince. Third now though : (. Going to try and get a few in Morzine (times this early in the season don’t look too hard) which is a recipe for limb shattering.

Likewise had a few climbs too but teh pros lap them up soon enough. Going to give them a go on my new 29er soon though.

As sad as it seems, Strava has made me get out on my bike more than anything. I never went out on my bike on my own before but it gives me a ‘challenge’ to compensate for the lack of a social element.

EDIT: 8 – lost a few. I WILL regain them! 😡

BoardinBob

1 KOM

steve_b77
    Free Member

I appear to have 6 at the moment including a couple of roadie ones 😀

Lost a couple and have been equaled in a coupel recently so I may have to get back out there

warton
    Free Member

i had 4, currently have none. all roadie ones. I find the roadie ones are very hotly contested indeed, you know if you get one it’s going to be challenged very shortly

njee20
    Free Member

Mine are about half and half, mainly climbs, couple of descents. I seem to have lost several lately without being told I’d lost them, as if they’ve been deleted.

shortcut

About 10, only 1 or 2 of which are off road.

monkfish
    Free Member

3 but then you know that already. I suspect they won’t last too long either.

crotchrocket
    Free Member

I think you’ll find you only have 2 😉

will
    Free Member

30 KOMs 24 of which are on the road. All uphill.

Slightly unfair though as living in London there are loads of Segments! Loads more riders as well, but still.

Proudest was a brief (1 day) stint on Swains Lane in North London, a local hill climb section (Urban Hill Climb Race)
    http://app.strava.com/segments/760505

DT78
    Free Member

Didn’t realise there was a STW group…I’ll go investigate.

Have 3 or 4 in my local woods which took a significant amount of effort to get!

scottfitz
    Free Member

I have 57 Road KOM’s but most of them were done in the car.

mrmo
    Free Member

19 but lost a few in the last week, all uphill.

chrispo
    Free Member

Either 3 or 6 – which are KOMs and which are CRs in the list?

This despite the fact that I’ve only just started experimenting with it in the last week and haven’t ridden anything in anger yet as I’m coming off an injury.

I think all mine are just because nobody else has ridden these hills yet! So I guess it’s not the quantity of KOMs but the quality of them that counts…

jonba
    Free Member

Quite a few but in newcastle most of the off road ones aren’t that contested. There are a few with some battles going on

It has also done something wierd and created them automatically for walks I’ve done which mean I have about 5 where I am the only person to have done the segment?

just counted – 23 on the bike.

I do go out to try and grab them occasionally. It is a more interesting/motivated way to go out and ride some hard fast sections.

christhetall
    Free Member

10, but 9 of those came on two rides and on several I seem to be the only one to have logged them

mikewsmith
    Free Member

3, all downhill just to cheer up the haters

(1 is currently tied)

Got plenty of top 10’s

Taff
    Free Member

11 KOMs, all bar 1 are uphill. I had 18 last week… They don’t stick about for long!!

matt_bl
    Free Member

None, best I’ve got is 3rd in a flat sprint outside Tesco!

Judging by the times on the road ones, I’m not likely to get any either.

Matt

ahwiles
    Free Member

not one.

there are some very fast people around, and i’m a very slow person.

docrobster
    Free Member

5 in total
    3 I’m first out 1 rider
    one I went down it (in 2010) but strava thinks I went up it when I imported the routes from garmin connect
    one is a downhill footpath only possible at night due to walkers.
    So nothing to be proud of.

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

94th / 405 around The Monkey Trail

King Of the Mincers

AlexSimon

Is there an easy way to see?
    I can’t see an ‘achievements’ link anywhere on the website.

CrombieCraig
    Free Member

Eight at present and hoping to regain one again this weekend. All on the mountain bike and mostly loops

goldenwonder
    Free Member

11 at the moment, mixture of on & off road.

mooman
    Free Member

MTB KOM `s are worth nothing. Too many sections only ever ridden by 3 or 4 bloaters.

Descents are pretty meaningless too.

The popular roady climbs is where you get the true glory.

Anything else is hollow

mdavids
    Free Member

Proudest was a brief (1 day) stint on Swains Lane in North London, a local hill climb section (Urban Hill Climb Race)
    http://app.strava.com/segments/760505

Number 5 on that leaderboard, Jean Claude Pretorious, has the best name ever.

I used to have loads of KOMs but it turns out that that was only because not many people had ridden those sections. I seem to get an email every other day now telling me someone has beaten my time.

When I first signed up to strava back in Febuary I uploaded a gpx of hamsterley forest trails I’d ridden last year and on most of the sections I was first out of a leaderboard of about 10. Some of those sections now have over 200 riders and I’m just about in the top 10% if I’m lucky and all my KOMs have gone. Its great to see it taking off but on the popular routes the KOM is now forever out of my reach.

crazy-legs

I had 2. One gained completely by accident, didn’t even know the segment was there (and TBH, it’s a bloody stupid segment, on shared use canal towpath). I’ve still got that one.

The other one I held for all of 3 days – it was on a long climb near me which I’d specifically gone out to get and I beat the previous KOM by a significant margin. Unfortunately, a certain well know MTBer follows me on Strava and 3 days later, he’d gone out and annihilated my time. Still, good to know that it took a pro like Nick Craig to beat it. 😉

samuri
    Free Member

+1 mooman.

I’m still immensely proud of my 3 KOM’s. 😉 (Over reasonably popular routes I might add) but true glory as you say is doing well on an extrmely popular area ridden by a wide range of cyclists all the time.

(I was 9th once on a cat 4 climb that was clearly being used by some very fast people – 11th now) – That was awesome.

njee20
    Free Member

I had the climbs of Holmbury and Leith Hills, but have lost both of those in the last couple of weeks to some roadie who was bloody quick!

samuri
    Free Member

The other one I held for all of 3 days – it was on a long climb near me which I’d specifically gone out to get and I beat the previous KOM by a significant margin. Unfortunately, a certain well know MTBer follows me on Strava and 3 days later, he’d gone out and annihilated my time. Still, good to know that it took a pro like Nick Craig to beat it.

let me know where it is.

/straps on shoes.

mafiafish
    Free Member

MTB KOM `s are worth nothing

There are plenty of popular routes though, any trail centre and popular bridleways will have hundreds. Indeed I’ve had a few road KOMs on my remedy so I imagine it works both ways.

My most popular local descents (blue pig and pecket well) have <30 riders but the standard is very high I would say.

Plus, I think DH or off road loops and routes generally are a better indication of all-round rider skill than who’s got the biggest legs?

tpbiker
    Free Member

none…

although i am rather proud of my second place for the maidens cleugh descent in the pentlands…

nuke

I’ve a good few climb and descent KOMs around the Surrey Hills obtained during that Strava honeymoon period that exists after initially joining. I’m over that now though and accept my KOM’s are slowly going to go…never suffered knee pain until I joined Strava 🙁

I noticed after losing a KOM yesterday that this:

Better get out there and show them who’s boss!

has now become…

Now get out there, have fun and be safe.

😀

d45yth
    Free Member

Like others have said, KOM’s don’t mean a great deal on a lot of segments…I ride with a few folk who can annihilate me, but they haven’t or have only just got GPS’.
    Even though I’ve got 79 KOM’s (I had over a 100), half of those were got on foreign trails or places where not many folk ride. I’d only class myself as an average rider too.

Pook

this thread smells of fish.

bob_summers

Loads, but not that much competition in the Basque Country, locals are slow to take up strava. Got a couple of pro scalps though, and my descent kom on Col du Tourmalet stood for almost a year (didn’t know I even had it until it was beaten)

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 75 total)

The topic ‘Stava: How many KOMs do you have?’ is closed to new replies.