Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • State of the roads on Tour..
  • totalshell

watching the first stage you cant help but notice the perfect condition of the road surface and the lack of cars parked on them.. contrast that with the state of the roads here and the roadside parking around calderdale and i think it could be a bit embarressing.. is it too late to duck out.

clubber
    Free Member

er… roads usually get resurfaced pre tour as one of the conditions of the race taking in that route…

clubber
    Free Member

Besides, it’s France and us Froggies know how to play the EU to our advantage 🙂

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    ahwiles
    Free Member

i live in Yorkshire, i know i’m supposed to grumble about how tough it is here.

but the roads around sheffield that’ll be used on the tour* have been re-surfaced, and they’re super smooth right now.

lovely!

le tour de Yorkshire’ll be reet grand, div’na worry lad.

🙂

(*and a few more nearby for good measure)

Dibbs
    Free Member

Large stretches of the roads on Exmoor where resurfaced before the ToB came through a few years ago.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Having just ridden through the Calderdale valley from Sowerby Bridge to Walsden all i can say is i bloomin’ well hope so!
    They are in shocking condition at the moment 🙁

igm

And to think when he Tour was proper they rode on dirt tracks. In the mountains.

In fact the early tours effectively had MTB stages. Well a bit.

properbikeco
    Free Member

I don’t think they get many freeze-thaw cycle in Corsica to wreck their roads…

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Oh i don’t know, gets plenty of snow up in the mountains there doesn’t it?

mudshark
    Free Member

Having ridden in various parts of France IMO the roads there are all in good condition; they put a lot of effort into maintaining them such as pouring tar into cracks so they don’t become pot holes. Must cost a bit!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘State of the roads on Tour..’ is closed to new replies.