Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • Starwars – The Force Awakens – Rumours and facts (possible spoilers)
  • jekkyl

I thought it best to start a new thread as the previous one didn’t have the word ‘spoliers’ in it’s title, so here goes.
    What we know: Luke isn’t on the poster but he is in the film. There was leaked pics of him wearing the full jedi clobber which the film company requested to be removed from the internet.
    Q. Why would he be in the film but not on the poster?
    A. Because he gets killed.

What we know: It is clear that Daisy is Solo’s and Leia’s offspring from lots of clues. We were told previously that The Force Awakens will continue the story of Anakin Skywalker’s descendants. Also in the first teaser ‘The Force is strong in my family, my father has it. I have it. My sister has it. You have that power too.’ Since Jedi are banned from procreating we can surmise that the child is from Leia.

The film’s co-producer Kathleen Kennedy has hinted that the Skywalker line still has a propensity for twins. Did Leia and Solo father twins? seperated at birth, one light and one on the dark side… Kylo Ren. Suddenly Ren telling Darth Vader’s ruined helmet: ‘I will fulfil our destiny’ in the trailer makes a whole lot more sense.

JJ Abrahams likes to start his movies with an action sequence, indeed most action films these days start with a big banging action sequence.
    Let me bring it all together and theorise that the opening sequence is a light sabre battle between Kylo Ren and Luke which Kylo wins. The death of her uncle at the hands of her brother/sister provides Daisy with a revenge motive for the rest of the 3 films. Luke can also provide guidance from beyond the grave like Kenobi did for him.

mike_p
    Free Member

Nah, Luke Skywalker IS Kylo Ren!

mefty
    Free Member

I think you are overthinking this – it is a way to while a way a couple of hours while eating popcorn.

jimdubleyou

They’ve got to get three films out of this plot…

johndoh
    Free Member

Who is Ronnie Pickering?

jekkyl

Family connections provide excellent storylines. ‘I am your father’ ‘No it’ can’t be true’ – perhaps Daisy is unaware that she has a sibling and the final scene of the final film is their battle.

P-Jay
    Free Member

From what I’ve heard – Luke’s not in the poster and only fleetingly in the trailer because he’s hardly in the film – the film could be called “Star Wars 7 – the search for Skywalker” but that might give away the plot too much.

A major character will die.

Anyone looking forward to two hours of watching the old gang fighting the Empire might be disappointed, the new films will largely focus on the new cast.

Having said that, the internet is full of rumours, most are made up, some are educated guesses based on the trailer and so are purposely created as misinformation.

nickc

I reckon Luke’s gone to the dark side…

He lost everything, Uncle Owen and Aunt Beru, His substitute father Obi Wan, his real father (who was the agent of the Emporors death, so poor old Luke couldn’t even manage to do that…) , Yoda, even the girl he fell in love with turned out to be his sister.

He got angry…He watched Han and Liea have the life he couldn’t…so took one of their children (Ren) and turned him, in response they hid their other child far away so he couldn’t find her. But he has…

I reckon.

Probably a load of bollards 😆

jekkyl

There is lots of rumours that Luke turned to the dark side, one of the biggest clue is during his fight with Vadar the emperor says ‘Strike me down with all of your hatred and your journey towards the dark side will be complete’ – which he then does but Vader blocks him.
    I can’t see it myself, he was the hero in the first 3, it’s too much of a opposite dirction for him to turn dark I reckon.

bartyp
    Free Member

Why can’t you just be content with waiting until it actually comes out, then finding out what happens? I can get hold of a screener DVD well before it’s on general release, but I’d much rather enjoy the whole cinema experience.

All I really care about is that Jar Jar **** Binks isn’t in it.

nickc

It could be that Luke tried to train Ren as a Jedi, but didn’t have the skill not stop Ren’s fall to the dark side, and that failure drove him away?

And Ren is looking for his sister (Rey) to make her into a Sith as he assumes she’s got Force powers, I reckon the death will be Han Solo.

jekkyl

If you need a reason to hate binks then consider all of the rise of the Empire and the resulting deaths are in fact his fault. He’s the one that proposed the motion to the senate giving Palpatine emergency powers in order to deal with the Separatist Crisis. Powers which Palpatine said he would give up but then did not and the senate was disbanded.

rocketman
    Free Member

My guess is that Ren is Darth Vader’s clone

SaxonRider

Why can’t you just be content with waiting until it actually comes out, then finding out what happens?

Ignore this. Carry on as you were, jekkyl.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

My guess is they’ll make significantly more from the merchandising than from the people watching the film. 🙂

nemesis
    Free Member

I can’t see that they’d effectively destroy Luke’s legacy from the first three films as the hero by having him turn to the dark side.

Besides, Star Wars films have typically been pretty clear on who’s good/bad by their outfits and Luke’s been pictured in standard Jedi robes.

Ren being a failed padawan seems reasonable though we’ve heard that he’s not a Sith though I guess that doesn’t mean he’s not a failed Jedi.

Tiger6791

Binks isn’t in it.

You do know that Binks is the Sith behind it all don’t you?

luketracey

Google “jar jar binks is a sith lord” very funny, enough to make some fan boys/girls implode with indignation

*edit – beaten to it

schrickvr6
    Free Member

I had wondered if Luke is Kylo and he isn’t the bad guy, maybe undercover….

Hamill second on the credits
    Only his cybernetic hand in the trailer
    Various press releases with headlines such as “New image of ADAM DRIVER’s Kylo Ren”
    Photo leaked of Adam Driver as Kylo Ren
    Who the F is Adam Driver?

But in the trailer you see the back of a maskless Kylo Ren that looks like…..Adam Driver.

dannyh
    Free Member

They’ve got to get three films out of this plot…

Piece of piss. Eastenders has got nearly 30 awful years out of about three basic plots.

thegreatpotato
    Free Member

I did read a few weeks back the theory that Luke had gone to the Dark Side (they have cookies, etc) at the end of the last trilogy. It just made me think they would try to prise in the “no, I am your father” line to what’s-her-name. Obviously if she’s not Luke’s then I don’t need to say I have a bad feeling about this.

vintagewino
    Free Member

Luke won’t go to the dark side, but I reckon he could be in exile somewhere, consumed with (or trying to balance) both sides of the force. He’s a Skywalker, his dad would have been the most powerful force user ever if he hadn’t turned into a cyborg. Imagine what Luke would be capable of!

Luke is wigging out in a cave somewhere, being light and dark at the same time. That’s why the force is quiet i.e. not awake, when this movie opens. Something happens to change that balance and it all kicks off.

I also bet that someone loses an arm, and either Han or Luke says ‘I’m getting too old for this.’

onandon
    Free Member

nickc – Member
    I reckon Luke’s gone to the dark side…

What? It’s three films about Luke taking up road biking …….

zinaru
    Free Member

i think that luke is actually the punchline in the new film, he’s the character that we get to at the end to que up the next film…

bombjack
    Free Member

Anyone else getting excited now? 1 more sleep ’till Star Wars Eve!

jon1973
    Free Member

Who is Ronnie Pickering?

I am, you wanna make something of it?

perchypanther
    Free Member

Who is Ronnie Pickering?

Obi-Ron? I haven’t heard that name since…..

GrahamS

Talk to your kids:

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCjMGOvMghY[/video]

These may also be useful: A darker, no-nonsense edit of all three Star Wars prequels – full anti-cheese re-edits of all three prequels, sorts out Jar Jar Binks and a lot of the other guff.

kimbers

So first reports from the premiere say it’s OK !
    Some even saying it’s very good, I’m still not going to get too excited tho

slimjim78
    Free Member

A little bit concerned for Mr Solo after seeing this:

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-35087192

‘anpissypated’?..

He seems either out of box on Wook’E’s or possibly has a brain issue of some description. Hopefully he just sipped on a few too many bucks-fizz at the pre-show cantina but i’m not convinced alcohol was the culprit.
    Another interview further up the page also rasied my suspicions.

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

I’d like to think Luke is the carrot they dangle at the end of the film, the man who comes back to help his niece/nephew and restore balance BUT suspect he dies early on, fighting for said niece or nephew.

bikebouy
    Free Member

bikebouy – Member
    Can I just say…

It’s my birthday today (thanks) and the Mrs has bought me tickets for the 3D showing Tomorrow of the film…

So that’s Star Wars on the day of release, in 3D
    It is in a small Cinema (Everyman) that also has two person booths, pizza or hot dogs and drinks brought to your booth..

I even have a pair of 3D glasses as part of my pressie.

Err…
    Yay!!

jekkyl

~~~~~~~~~~~~~SMALL SPOILER~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I’ve read the plot summary and ruined it all for myself but I will still go and see it. Small snippet to say that the light sabre seen in the trailer (the red one) is the one Vader had, used to kill lots of Jedis & then taken from him by Kenobi and then given to Luke.

anagallis_arvensis

I dont remember luke having a red light sabre. Blue andvthen green was it not?

jekkyl

nope, sorry teach.

BobaFatt
    Free Member

I’ve read the plot summary and ruined it all for myself but I will still go and see it. Small snippet to say that the light sabre seen in the trailer (the red one) is the one Vader had, used to kill lots of Jedis & then taken from him by Kenobi and then given to Luke.

[nerd]the saber given to Luke has never been red, not even when Anakin became Darth Vader before he was defeated by Kenobi. That saber was modified before Empire then lost on Bespin. According to the trailer (and a small spoiler) it is found……what happens from there is unknown until you see the film, however, as Finn is seen wielding it in one of the trailers, it’s still blue so stands to reason it’s not the red one (the broadsaber) as seen in the film[/nerd]

for comparison

Luke/Anakin etc

Red Kylo Ren saber

CountZero

Don’t know if anyone here has seen anything about the new way to view all the Star Wars films, but it looks interesting:
    http://www.t3.com/features/the-star-wars-machete-order-explained
    And it avoids having to have anything to do with JarJar bloody Binks!

badllama
    Free Member

Well I’m a sad git who is going to watch it at 00.05 so I could come back and post but I won’t 😀

anagallis_arvensis

nope, sorry teach.

So when did luke have a red light sabre?

GrahamS

Have we done this yet?

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTLAx3VDX7g[/video]

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Starwars – The Force Awakens – Rumours and facts (possible spoilers)’ is closed to new replies.