• This topic has 52 replies, 25 voices, and was last updated 3 months ago by Mark.
Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Starting to lose interest in STW
  • jambourgie
    Free Member

Its also full of far right tropes

Do you even know what the far right is? It’s not the conservative party.

All this bandying round of accusations of things being far right etc. Just downplays how bloody awful the actual far right is and gives the ‘orrible gits power.

RustySpanner

Well, that’s subject to debate….as is everything 🙂

And if the majority disagree with you, vocally and with a degree of piss taking, is that bullying?

tjagain

You came this thread. Made a series of slurs and now try to pick a fight when called out for the slurs. How about a bit of reflection?

jambourgie
    Free Member

Nobody’s picking a fight. I come in peace brother tj.

Am I now being “called out for slurs”? I thought we were having a light-hearted Friday chat 🙂

I’m going to join BruceWee and go to the pub. You lot can try me in absentia.

dty

tjagain

You think those slurs are funny?

jambourgie
    Free Member

You think those slurs are funny?

I think you’re funny.

sixtoes

I still bike so much on road and off and love the diversity and depth on here, but the “same ten ****” cliche is making anything vaguely interesting on off topic get destroyed by the same bickering few.
    It is starting to become pretty toxic.
    Keep taking my money but I’ll be on other sites for a lot more of my time.
    Yes; could avoid the dodgier threads.
    There again maybe the mods could be curators instead of cops.

I know what you mean. I stay out of threads where its obvious the same few will kick off again, but it does crop up all over the place, and always the same things repeated with no evolution of views over time.

There are a handful of people who I’d happily block from appearing in my view of the forum if I could.

tuboflard

FWIW, I tend to come on here for a bit of a distraction from other things, and largely try and either help people with advice, knowledge and the like, or just share what I know in a purely factual sense. I do my best to avoid getting drawn in the debating threads as best I can, not least as it is largely a matter of opinion and I’m frankly never been one for debating things in that sense (clearly never went to a public school or was in a debating society).

matt_outandabout

Here is another thought.
    Are we just past peak social meedja / online forums / interactions online?
    Are we moving back to (gasp) the real world?

ransos
    Free Member

I reckon another five pages of hand wringing before the lock.

fazzini

Cant argue with that.

Yes you can 😉

piemonster

Are we moving back to (gasp) the real world?

I think its more a case of us being left behind as the yoof trend to different platforms

Mark

If ever a thread was going to eat itself…

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘Starting to lose interest in STW’ is closed to new replies.

Thanks for popping by - why not stay a while?IT'S FREE

Sign up as a Singletrack Member and you can leave comments on stories, use the classified ads, and post in our forums, do quizzes and more.

Join us, join in, it’s free, and fun.