Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Starting a Running habit…
  • siwhite
    Free Member

Right chaps (and chappesses), I’ve sat behind a desk for the last three years; I’ve grown unfit and developed a bit of a gut. I don’t like either and want to do something about them. A toddler, a pregnant wife and a house renovation mean that cycling time is rare and irregular. I last ran in the Army 20-ish years ago, and really didn’t gel with it. Some more info;

1) I’m off to buy some epic running shoes tomorrow from a place that will measure gait and all that stuff.
    2) I anticipate mostly (quiet country) road running to start with, particularly in winter, as all paths and fields around us are claggy and wet. In the summer I’ll run mostly on footpaths and in fields.
    3) I’m planning to enter a Parkrun in a month or so, to have something to aim for.

What sort of distance should my first runs be – a couple of k? Is pre- and post-run stretching still considered vital? Should I develop a joint care supplement and fish oil habit? Any other hot tips from you more experienced lot?

Thanks in advance!

Cougar

I’m going to close this as a duplicate I think, as the other thread is only a day old and has lots of info. Feel free to C&P there. And good luck.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Starting a Running habit…’ is closed to new replies.