Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Start Fitness for bike stuff – Legit?
  • kayak23

I’m after a set of forks and have seen what I want on Start Fitness.
    Never really heard of them though I see there’s a couple of old threads on here.

Anyone got experience?
    It’s a lot of money so if they’re showing stock that isn’t there then that wouldn’t be good. 😊👍

earl_brutus

Bought stuff from them before and stock seems to be reliable. Use the code extra10 for 10% off

bigginge

I bought a brand x dropper from them a year or so back, didn’t have any issues at all (though this was pre covid).

jonba
    Free Member

Yes, they are fine.

Got physical shops in Newcastle although the online bit is run separately I believe.

https://goo.gl/maps/4zupzz1X4m31d9TG9

mick_r

A work colleague of my wife has bought bikes from them on a couple of occasions with no problems at all. Think they just buy up bulk end of model year stuff and sell on.

MoreCashThanDash

Excellent service from them on clothing and a few bits, not got as big as forks yet, but I wouldn’t hesitate

forge197
    Free Member

Ordered non-bike stuff last week all good, have ordered a few bike things and been to the physical shop too, I think they generally only show in stock on their website what they actually have in stock themselves to ship out, hopefully that is still the case.

Always had quick delivery on bike and running stuff, never been messed around.

white101

Didn’t realise they were online I just always visit the shop in Newcastle

Tracey

Bought loads from them over the years, never had a problem.

kayak23

Bought loads from them over the years, never had a problem.

Great, thanks all.

Use the code extra10 for 10% off

@earl_brutus
    you’re an absolute legend mate. Thanks for that! 😀
    I’ve just given them my money now so please nobody come on after this saying it’s a scam! 😂

matt_outandabout

Bought lots from them. All good.

(I’m sat here in my shiny new Madison Roam t-shirt that cost me £7.50 last week…)

welshfarmer

Ordered some clothing form them Friday. It is due for delivery on Monday

I have bought stuff from them over the past 15 years now and then and never had an issue.

chrismac

Bought an ibis from them. They were excellent and shorted out changing to a different size with no hassle

damascus
    Free Member

They are now one of my go to shops. Great service and good prices, fast delivery too.

tall_martin

I’ve had loads of end of line Scott stuff from them. Often at crazy discounts 😃

paule
    Free Member

Yes, another positive for them – bought a bike, loads of running shoes and various clothing and all gone well.

fazzini

No issues whatsoever buying online and in the shop in Newcastle. Bought loads over the years.

BillOddie

Bought a set of forks and dropper from them a few weeks back. Came next day and price was good.

recommended

jamesmio
    Free Member

+1 – always had positive dealings with Start over the years. No problem at all.

peekay

I’ve bought loads over the years. The Scott stuff that they occasionally get in stock is often a bargain. Even bought a bike from them a couple of years ago.

Hadn’t visited the Start site for ages, and this thread has now cost me £50 in new clothing.

oldtennisshoes

Great shop – I bought a hybrid from them this time last year after 2 previous attempts from other suppliers.
    They are good for Brooks running shoes too.

slowol

Always used to be one of the decent shops for running stuff in Newcastle and (like a lot of places in the North East) tempted you in with discounted but decent gear. Like if Sports Direct were a bit smaller and more honest and actually had decent running shoes and real sports gear!

winston
    Free Member

Ace shop. Totally recommended by me and I’ve been using them for years. Website does look a little ‘scammy’ in my opinion but absolutely not the case. Good guys.

kayak23

All this makes me feel better about handing over £850.
    Holy carp forks are expensive! 😳😭

pothead
    Free Member

As above they have a large shop in Newcastle city centre, bought loads there and never had any problems

cleetonator

I had this same internal struggle before handing over £1300 for what appeared to be the only Reserve gravel wheels left in the country.

Just to be on the safe side I stuck it on the credit card, just in case they were going to mess me around. The wheels arrived within 2 days. Top quality service. I’ll be using them again in the future.

willjones
    Free Member

Brought an expensive bike from Start. It had some issues. Fantastic service to help rectify. Couldn’t recommend highly enough.

kelvin

I bought some forks from them… wrong ones sent initially… but then they sorted it out so well, and apologetically, especially compared to some other online retailers, that I was very pleased with the service. Have used again since for smaller items with no issues at all. There are always vouchers though, don’t buy without one.

Saccades
    Free Member

I bought a factory Orange off them (quite a bit more expensive than forks and I’m in a different country), which was delayed as they found a problem with one of the brakes when building. They resolved it on time, which was pretty quick as I recall.

Excellent communications throughout, would happily buy from them again.

jimmy748

I ordered some Burgtec Mk4 pedals from them the week Mk5’s were released, they were the cheapest set of Mk4’s online at the time, the next day they emailed me to apologise and they didn’t have the Mk4’s in stock and they would refund me, or I could have a set of Mk5’s for the same price and they arrived a day or so later.

cchris2lou

Even my last order post Brexit arrived quickly in France and no extra cost.

willjones
    Free Member

Love them even more now. Might have to buy something else.

kayak23

Got a dhl email for my forks arriving tomorrow so yeah, nice.

superstu
    Free Member

Just to say thanks to earl_brutus fpr the 10% off code, stumbled upon this thread and that has just saved me £30!

jonnyboi

excellent shop, I’ve bought a few bikes including one on C2W from them. They used to be my go to place for salomon stuff as well but sportshoes.com seems to have better prices now.

binman

I think this is subliminal marketing. It coerced me into buying something I didn’t know I needed.

🤫

Arriving this morning apparently.

kayak23

My forks turned up this morning and they’re beautiful.
    Thanks Rockshox.
    Thanks Start Fitness 👊

chakaping
    Free Member

Only positive experiences here, and it’s worth noting that they sponsor the Northern Downhill races – so are worthy of support from that POV.

They must have an absolutely huge warehouse though, judging by the enormous amount of running & fitness/lifestyle tat they have on their website.

Go to the Sale tab and set it by lowest price, if you have half a day to spare trawling through the dross for nuggets of gold.

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘Start Fitness for bike stuff – Legit?’ is closed to new replies.