• This topic has 53 replies, 37 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Klunk.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 54 total)
  • Star Wars films in order of awesomeness. Controversy content. Discuss.
  • Harry_the_Spider

1. Rogue One *
    2. A New Hope *
    3. Empire Strikes Back *

4. The Force Awakens **
    5. Return of The Jedi **

6. Revenge of The Sith ***
    7. The Clown Wars ***

8. The other one ****

* Awesome
    ** Average
    *** Not Awesome
    **** Worse than standing on an upturned plug

scud
    Free Member

1- Empire Strikes Back
    2- Rogue One
    3- A New Hope
    4 -Return of the Jedi
    5- Force Awakens (to me it was good, but was a “greatest hits” movie of original films)

6- That one
    7- Tother crap one
    8- no idea

danradyr1
    Free Member

Empire strikes back
    New hope
    Rouge one
    Return of the Jedi
    Force awakens
    Revenge of the sith
    Episode 2
    Episode 1

perchypanther
    Free Member

They are all awesome……………even the shit ones.

anagallis_arvensis

Rouge one

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=t9-pTStLGGo[/video]

shermer75
    Free Member

The ones with Spock in should def come first

shermer75
    Free Member

Loved that Rouge One trailer 😆

RustyMac

Those that say Empire Strikes back as 1 are correct – everyone else is wrong – your just wrong ok.

simondbarnes

A New Hope*
    The Empire Strikes Back*
    Return of the Jedi*

I have no idea what the other films you are going on about are.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Caravan of courage
    Battle for Endor

DickBarton

4, 5, 6 and Rogue One…the rest didn’t register for me.

twistedpencil

Watched Revenge of the Sith for the first time last weekend. Christ it’s bad, I thought that some acting lessons may have been had between that and the clones one. Just came off watching the Clone Wars to series which were bloody excellent so to see whiny cockbag Anakin Skywalker become Darth Vader was just the anticlimax the cartoons didn’t deserve….

juanghia
    Free Member

Empire.
    New hope.
    Jedi.

That one with Jar Jar binks… after that I never watched any of others

P-Jay
    Free Member

Empire
    New Hope
    Rogue One
    The Force Awakens
    Return of the Jedi
    Revenge of the Sith
    Attack of the Clones
    Phantom Menace

Cougar

1) The Last Jedi?

(One can hope…)

P-Jay
    Free Member

@Cougar

Hope so, but I think the news can’t match the originals for any adult who saw the originals as a kids, it’s not like for like. They carry a lot of ‘baggage’ too.

So far the spin offs with less restricted stories look a bit more promising.

edhornby

Empire strikes back
    New hope
    Rogue one
    Force awakens
    Return of the Jedi
    Revenge of the sith

2 was ok but one was poor (jar jar binks FFS)

pondo

Without wishing to cause controversy, I’m a big fan of The Phantom Menace because Darth Maul, the final fight is mega – the rest, admittedly, is gash, as are all of 1, 2 and 3. 4, 5 and 6 you remember as being better than they are, thought Force Awakens was all right with a slightly shit ending, not seen the Rogue one yet.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Can I be that guy? They are all shi*e

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

This. End of thread….
    [video]https://youtu.be/Sv5iEK-IEzw[/video]

Junkyard
    Free Member

Empire strikes back
    New hope
    Return of the Jedi

Force awakens was literally the first one with new people – its a remake essentially
    the rest are pretty shit tbh and exist for money rather than artistic reasons

anagallis_arvensis

Phantom is ace if you watch it with a 6 year old!!! If you watch it through older eyes its shit but you have missed the point. Its a kids film.

martinhutch

I’m a big fan of The Phantom Menace

Big fight or no big fight, meesa concerned about your judgement. 🙂

How did you manage to sit through the first hour and a half of thinly veiled racism, trade negotiations, terrible acting by Natalie Portman and godawful CGI battles where clearly large swathes of robots had simply been copied and pasted all over the screen.

Most people seem to have the right order =

5,4,Rogue,6,7,3,2,1

MrPottatoHead

Rogue One is definitely growing on me. Wasn’t sure about it after first cinema viewing but now I’ve watched it a couple more times I’m liking it a lot. If I was still 5 the it would be right up there as a favourite with 4 & 6. Not sure why but always hated 5.

jonnyboi

1. ESB
    2. ANH
    3. ROTJ
    4. Rogue 1
    5. TFA

There are no others, like there are only two alien movies

And only one highlander

Northwind

Caravan of Courage
    Empire
    A New Hope
    Force Awakens
    Rogue 1
    Jedi
    Phantom Menace
    Sith
    Clones

pondo – Member

Without wishing to cause controversy, I’m a big fan of The Phantom Menace because Darth Maul, the final fight is mega

It’s like John Williams said “Right, enough’s enough, I’m going to write a song so incredibly starwarsy and badass, not even George Lucas can resist its power”

TBH though all the prequels are basically 2 halves- they all have some really good bits, dragged down by a load of total shit. So Phantom Menace gets top billing from me from those just because it has the best good bits, even though it also has the worst total shit.

DezB
    Free Member

1. Star Wars (I saw this when I was 13 and thought it was good, so definitely first.)
    2. Star Wars: The Force Awakens (rubbish, so has to come 2nd)

Not seen any of the others, but would probably concur with howsyourdad1’s list.

jonnytheleyther
    Free Member

Harry the spider has nailed it. He may have overrated episodes 2 & 3 though.

grahamh
    Free Member

Star Wars Special Edition Edition
    [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOAa0w5Wfu0[/video]

BobaFatt
    Free Member

mlke
    Free Member

Guardians of the Galaxy!

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Empire
    Rogue 1
    ANH
    ROJ if you could get rid of the Ewoks

TFA, PM, AotC, RoS ALL utter utter bilge.

edhornby

actually pondo that’s not a bad call, the ending does lift it

I remember seeing something about Return of the Jedi being originally planned as a trilogy in itself (the extraction of Han as a heist movie, the endor movie and then the final battle) – maybe the first three are better if conversely slammed into one, keep the battles, the rise of the stormtroopers and the sith and routing of jedi.

colournoise

Not seen Rogue One yet. So…

Empire

A New Hope / Force Awakens (same film, but if forced to choose ep4 edges it as I was 7 when I first saw it and it properly blew my little mind)

Return

Episodes 1-3 all blend into a sludge of missed opportunities for me so struggling to rank them…

Assuming Last Jedi is a remake of Empire then expecting great things but makes me slightly worried for ep9 and the new Ewoks…

Northwind

Don’t know how anyone who likes any of the star wars films, can hate force awakens tbh.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Star Wars
    The Empire Strikes Back

That’s it. Originals, not CG (original title on Star Wars too, none of this “Episode IV” rubbish 😛 )

Jedi is fun, but not awesome. Force Awakens was kind of impressive on first watch, but then I saw it for what it was. A remake, and not an awesome one. Prequels, meh. Though third one is okay and the first does have John Williams’ Duel of Fates which is itself awesome despite the rest of the film.

johndoh
    Free Member

Watched Rogue One for the first time tonight and enjoyed it lots although it does steal much from the original films.

So for me it’s
    Star Wars
    Empire Strikes Back
    Rogue Ones
    Return of the Jedi

(Then the other shite ones)

johndoh
    Free Member

At deadkennedy – didn’t the original Star Wars always say it was episode 4 ?

deadkenny
    Free Member

johndoh – Member 
    At deadkennedy – didn’t the original Star Wars always say it was episode 4 ?

Not on 1977 release. It was added on re-release in 1981 to fit in with Empire that had added Episode V.

Didn’t even say “A New Hope”. Just “Star Wars” and the crawl text.

johndoh
    Free Member

But the text at the beginning (in the crawl out) said Episode 4: A New Hope didn’t it?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘Star Wars films in order of awesomeness. Controversy content. Discuss.’ is closed to new replies.