• This topic has 25 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by ahsat.
Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Stanton Switch9er (Taiwan frame)
  • RustyMac

Has anyone on here got hold of one of the slightly more budget friendly switch9er frames?

Shackleton

I have a Taiwanese sherpa from the recent lockdown production run if that would help?

reeksy

I’m waiting on one. Base coat applied on October 6.

RustyMac

Reeksy,

I dropped you a message. That seems a long time to get base coat.

marksnook
    Free Member

I have been hovering over the buy button for a couple weeks now! I’m between a switch9er, a moxie and a custom Marino.
    I thought they sort of had stock, is that not the case?

RustyMac

@marksnook

It depends on what you order. I believe the UK made frames are built to order and all the bikes are painted and built in house.

There was a delay on the Switch9er Taiwan made frames getting to the UK as advertised on the website due to manufacturing delays caused by COVID. I don’t know if this impacted other frames they were getting made.

Hope this helps.

marksnook
    Free Member

I couldn’t afford a Uk made one! There is a wait on the moxie or Marino so I sort of know what I’m signing up for! Always wanted a Stanton. The moxie geometry is possibly a touch too close to my full suss bike but I plan on riding the same stuff so maybe not a problem.
    I don’t think there is stock of any frames any where at the minute!
    Thanks @rustymac

cloggy

According to a vid they’ve just put out Stanton got a shipment on 1st Oct. See if they have a cancellation.

RustyMac

Oh that YouTube video is quite interesting. Looks like the Switch9er frames alongside a bunch of others only arrived to Stanton on October 1st not mid September as suggested on the website.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Stanton got a shipment on 1st Oct. See if they have a cancellation.

Has anyone actually recieved one?

reeksy

A guy on the Stanton owners Facebook page went and picked his up…Iirc

marksnook
    Free Member

Just emailed them so hopefully hear back next week. Moxie is end of November. Moxie is closer to my enduro bike, Stanton is a little reigned in. Not sure which way I want to go!

andybrad

Where are these on the website?

reeksy

When choosing a bike/frame there’s options for Uk or Taiwanese made.

mutepoint
    Free Member

Moxie all day everyday

marksnook
    Free Member

@mutepoint I am leaning towards the moxie to be fair, just unsure how that pink will be in a years time! Think it’s because the geo is close to my enduro bike but is that ideal or do I want something a little different?! Always lusted after a Stanton though. Sounds like there is stock arriving next week sometime, some is allocated to pre orders, some not so they have said get your order in quick to reserve one!

MarcSussex
    Free Member

Have you considered a Pace RC529? Pretty similar geo numbers to the Stanton.

marksnook
    Free Member

That primer grey Rc529 is tasty! I need to stop hijacking this thread maybe!

bungalistic
    Free Member

Bought a UK made Switch9er late last year (before the price increase) took quite a while to be built but it is very nice. Rides just like a you’d expect a hardtail, rough in big terrain but fun in most other places. I also nearly bought a Moxie and I’d still like to try one out to see what I make of the longer geo.

RustyMac

@bungalistic,

I wish I had ordered one of the original made in the UK ones but hummed and hawed too long. When I went to order one the website was saying £699 in places but then £999 when you got to the point of order.

It was way back in April I heard about the Tiwan made frames and that they were going to come in slightly below the original frame cost.

As the UK made Frame was out of reach I decided to go for one of the Tiwan made frames in May shortly after they were released on the website.

Unfortunately with COVID there has been delays on these frames and I’m still waiting on mine.

bungalistic
    Free Member

I’ve had some of their Taiwan made frames before and they were nice no real reason to pay the extra just to get UK made. Shame there are delays again, I think I waited 6 months for mine, it was meant to be a winter hardtail but ended up getting used for local loops during the lockdown.

andybrad

i still cant see these.

what sort of price are they?

RustyMac

@andybrad

https://www.stantonbikes.com/product/switch9er/

Dependant on Paint spec you want they start from £649

andybrad

ooooh thought it was the full sus one. Silly me

funkybaj
    Free Member

Has anyone run one of these with a 130mm fork? I know the complete build come with a 140mm.

ahsat

Their Instagram page showed a big drop of Taiwanese frames yesterday which need to be painted

I’m 9 weeks into waiting for a UK made Sherpa. UK made now not in stock till late Feb.

If you are considering I’d get on and get ordered.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Stanton Switch9er (Taiwan frame)’ is closed to new replies.