Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Stanton Switch9er (Hardtail)… Show me yours
  • mboy
    Free Member

I keep posturing over “what hardtail” to buy, and I keep telling myself it’s too expensive, it’s a luxury I don’t need, a hardtail should be affordable and workmanlike etc… But oh my god it’s lovely! Geometry is pretty much bang on for me, I’ve got all the parts ready and waiting to go for a build pretty much, and I like Dan and what he does and stands for etc…

So show me yours please… And whilst you’re at it, tell me why you hate it, and why I shouldn’t buy one! 😉

Gunz
    Free Member

If it’s any help I have a Slackline and I hate it because it’s a better bike than I am a rider and (after graduating from its 15yo predecessor) it made me go so fast I fell off and bumped my head.
    You shouldn’t buy one because you’re obviously a cheapskate.

P.S. Lord above I love my Slackline.

the00
    Free Member

I liked the sound of this bike, and the prototype photos. I’ve not seen any other builds yet though.

vickachu

I’ve got a Switchback and agree with Gunz, its more capable than i am! I’ve also snuck out on my fellas Ti Switch9er and it is just as much fun. He’s raced one of the Tweedlove races on it last year too when his FS was dead 😀
    Lets see if this photo works… Posing Stantons

CalamityJames
    Free Member

There are a few pictures around of them built up, and there is a great review on enduro-mtb (link here – https://enduro-mtb.com/en/stanton-switch9er-hardtail-review/).
    I have a Switchback, had a Slackline before it. Great frames, ride fantastically. If I was looking for a 29er then the Switch9er would be on my list for sure.

gravesendgrunt
    Free Member

I had a quick go on one,the smallest is too big ( I’m 5’7″) and cumbersome for me and how I like to ride. I’m sure it will be a great bike though if your taller or have a longer reach to match its longer reach. My Slackline is a keeper though .

gumstabber
    Free Member

Switch9er in the wild

Absolutely love mine. Climbs better than any bike I have owned (and that includes a canyon carbon XC machine) and descends like, well, like no other hard tail ever. I had a switchback before and this is waaay better.

mboy
    Free Member

Any pics?!?! Seems VERY hard to find pics of built bikes for some reason…

I had a quick go on one,the smallest is too big ( I’m 5’7″) and cumbersome for me and how I like to ride. I’m sure it will be a great bike though if your taller or have a longer reach to match its longer reach.

5ft10, like slack 29ers, still only going for the 16.5″ version though if I get one.

there is a great review on enduro-mtb (link here – https://enduro-mtb.com/en/stanton-switch9er-hardtail-review/).

A “review”…? Don’t get me wrong, the result is nice to see, but I could probably have written more words on each and every one of those bikes, whilst sat on the toilet for my morning constitutional, without ever having ridden a single one of them! Enduro Mag really take the piss, their content is pitiful, it doesn’t get much more in depth than “we rode a bike, we liked it, it was good”…

So yeah… ANYONE out there with a Switch9er… PLEASE furnish this thread with pics and your thoughts on it so far!

Cheers

CalamityJames
    Free Member

Few pictures and a more in-depth review below. It’s the Ti version, but ultimately angles/ride/look will be very similar…

The Theory of Evolution – Stanton Switch9er First Impressions

Functional Art – Stanton Switch9er Ti Long Term Review

gumstabber
    Free Member

Switch9er

gumstabber
    Free Member

Me on my Switch9er SlackAF

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Yum, that frame looks lovely; although I’m more taken but that Pole Taival in the Enduro mag review.

mboy
    Free Member

Calamity James, PMSL at the blatant dig at Sick Bikes in the “what next” segment on that link… Pure class!

Gumstabber, looks good, what fork travel/offset etc you running?

Yum, that frame looks lovely; although I’m more taken but that Pole Taival in the Enduro mag review.

I tried several times to order one of the previous generation Pole Taivals, to no avail… This was when they actually had a UK distributor, albeit briefly! The frame looks good for sure, let me just say that I have a LOT more faith in Dan Stanton both personally and professionally than I do most of the other companies I have bought (or tried to buy) bikes off in the last few years…

maca
    Free Member

I have one and I’m loving it.Not to heavy and nice and poppy and very comfortable
    glad I choose it.At 5’10” I would definitely go for the large I’m 5’8″ and on the 16.5″ I wouldn’t want it any shorter.hope this helps

mboy
    Free Member

At 5’10” I would definitely go for the large I’m 5’8″ and on the 16.5″ I wouldn’t want it any shorter.

I really don’t like overly long bikes, especially as I’m quite short in the body and long in the leg for my height. Also I don’t buy into the longer/lower/slacker is better all of the time, I’ve found my limit reach and wheelbase wise for what and where I ride, the 18″ Switch9er exceeds these numbers but the 16.5″ version doesn’t. Had a chat with Stu @ Stanton on the phone yesterday, he said “very definitely” in answer to me asking him if 16.5″ was the right size for me and my riding.

cromolyolly
    Free Member

@gravesendgrunt – what size slackline do you ride?

mboy
    Free Member

Well couldn’t resist in the end, Stu @ Stanton offered me a two ride old 16.5″ in Misty Blue for a bit of a discount, and it’s on its way to me… Got some Fox 36’s going to be going on there @ 140mm travel too, and a Fox Transfer Dropper. The rest is going to have to be begged/stolen/borrowed for now as have blown the budget a little more than I planned to! Ooops!

gravesendgrunt
    Free Member

I ride the smallest one cromoyolly,size 16.5 .

Hope you get it built up and running soon mboy,I’m sure it will be a blast to ride .

nedrapier

mboy, how are you getting on with the Switch9er? I’m toying with the idea of one (rode a mates Ti Sw9er and really liked it).

Do you ride it on rowdy stuff only, or xc stuff as well? I know there’s the Sherpa for xc, but I definitely want the rowdiness and I’m wondering if the compromises are small enough that it might be a do-everything bike.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Stanton Switch9er (Hardtail)… Show me yours’ is closed to new replies.