Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Stanton Slackline with 160mm forks
  • wl
    Free Member

Anyone ridden a Slackline with 160mm 36s on it? And was it any good? Not sure what fork this frame is designed around. I interested in something a little more compliant and ‘all day’ to replace my otherwise much-loved SubZero. Needs to be slack and low, without weighing a ton. Stanton seems to fit the bill on most counts. Ta.

kudos100
    Free Member

I can’t imagine it would ride that well with 160mm forks. I think 130-140mm would be best.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Oh no, not another one. I thought mountain bikers were ard and could manage the rough stuff (they used to be)

Whats happened? Everyone now needs 160mm forks on there xc bikes it seems.

trickydisco
    Free Member

Well it does say on the site

Hardtail D.H/Freeride (160mm fork)
    4X/Slalom (120mm fork)
    All mountain/single track, trail. (120mm-150mm fork)

and taylforth..I thought mountain bikers could spell

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

and I thought they could punctuate aswell. Must be too many knocks to there heads eh!

trickydisco
    Free Member
    wrecker
    Free Member

Only in STW could some 18 year old sprog come in and tell everyone what bikes they should ride. 🙄

wl
    Free Member

Except I won’t just be riding xc, and big forks – or at least, the angles they can deliver – can make a bike way more suitable (and in my book fun) for riding certain kinds of trail and descent. Depends what you like riding I guess, and how much you enjoy making life hard for yourself just to say you did it.

Fortunateson09
    Free Member

I’ve yet to ride a hardtail that doesn’t feel a bit rubbish with 160mm forks – I certainly wouldn’t fancy forks that are fixed at 160 – maybe some Talas 36s would make sense so you can just wind them out for occasional mega steep stuff and leave them at 130ish for ‘normal’ stuff?

blahblahblah
    Free Member

Fortunateson09 – Member

I’ve yet to ride a hardtail that doesn’t feel a bit rubbish with 160mm forks – I certainly wouldn’t fancy forks that are fixed at 160 – maybe some Talas 36s would make sense so you can just wind them out for occasional mega steep stuff and leave them at 130ish for ‘normal’ stuff?

This!

buttercup
    Free Member

Even in mega steep stuff, 150 is nearly pushing it on a hardtail.. it gets too silly with anything longer. I have done rangers twice, once with 150 sektors and a second time with pikes to 130. Both on a Blue pig. I’ll take the 130 any day. Have had my eye on the Slackline for when the pig buckles.. and it’ll be getting the same setup.

GW
    Free Member

you did 2 rangers and a pig with a very unremarkable 130mm? 😕
    did they still all squeal?

buttercup
    Free Member

Only because I told them to. 😉

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Stanton Slackline with 160mm forks’ is closed to new replies.