Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Stanton Sherpa + Front Mech = ?
  • billyboy
    Free Member

They say it works.

Has anyone tried it?

If so, does it function ok?

mindmap3
    Free Member

As far as I am aware there aren’t any issues.

What tyres are you running? The only issue I can think of is wide tyres catching the mech. There are a few on the owners group who have them with front mechs and I don’t recall hearing any issues.

oldnpastit

I tried it (XT mech). It worked fine. But eventually I took it off again to make way for a dropper post lever.

dumbbot
    Free Member

I ran my Slackline NextGen with a front derailleur no problems, Sram X5 dual pull thing.

bramblesummer
    Free Member

Sherpa ti here, with a 3×9 drivetrain on it! You’ll need a top pull high mount front derailleur to clear the rear tyre (very short chainstay and big wheel), It works perfectly, and I’ve squeezed a dropper remote onto the LHS of the bar with some custom mount fettling.

billyboy
    Free Member

Ta.

I haven’t bought the frame yet!! I wanted to confirm there were no issues before I went ahead.

The tyres will either be Conti Mountain King 2.4 swapped over from an old bike, or preferably the slightly smaller Michelin Wild AM which I’ve been using on another bike recently and prefer.

billyboy
    Free Member

Bramblesummer…do you mean a bottom swing mech…with the band sitting higher on the seat tube and the mech swinging below?

steel4real
    Free Member

Sideswing FTW !?!

bramblesummer
    Free Member

Sorry, idiot moment, bottom swing is correct. Clamp band is the highest point.

billyboy
    Free Member

Thank you kindly

metalheart
    Free Member

Sherpa at the Fungle

Top pull on mine. If going B+ make sure you get a boost crank if you want to access your bottom two gears… 😳

Hopefully page links (can’t imbed photo on the iPad…)

billyboy
    Free Member

Nice- ta

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Stanton Sherpa + Front Mech = ?’ is closed to new replies.