Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Stanton Bikes go in to administration
  • brokenbanjo

I’ve been eagerly expecting my new Slackline this week, having received assurances that it was going to get shipped either yesterday or today, when I get an email today saying they have gone in to administration. Utterly depressed, angry and other words. It’s a sad state of affairs.

So now a waiting game as to whether the bike a) exists and b) gets shipped or c) I lose my money until the end of the administration process.

I will add that I do feel sorry for all the staff at Stanton that will now be feeling the pinch.

andybrad

Unless its shipped id say youve lost your bike and your money.

Very sad times 🙁

pondo

Now that’s sad – got a mate that bought one a few years back, he said their customer service was genuinely remarkably good. 🙁

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    radbikebro

This is the only place I’ve seen this and there’s only one news article I can find about it. That’s absolutely gutting! Might have to actually nab myself a frame now then after thinking about it for years.

kelvin

Very sad. Good people trying to do things right.

chakaping
    Free Member

Oh no mate that’s rotten, for you and the staff there.

Not sure what happens in this type of situation, if they have the stock and orders to fulfill.

Do the orders get shipped as normal or is stock “frozen” to be sold off to pay off the bank, landlord etc?

If so, that’s shit.

phil5556

Sad news for them and shit for you (and presumably others in the same situation) 😞

Did you pay by credit card? I’d be on to them today if you did.
    I don’t know if they’ll help until the administration process is over but worth a try.

Or your might get lucky if they had a last push to get anything out the door that they could yesterday 🤞

Frame or complete bike?

reeksy

That’s terrible. I was actually about to email them to ask when they’d be getting a frame in my size. I spent an afternoon riding with them back in June and they were really hospitable, built up a demo bike for me and took me on a great ride.

the-muffin-man

Sad news for customers and Stanton. It’s hard when you see something you’ve worked hard for drift away from you.

I’ve had some small business dealings with them and earlier this year they said sales where down a lot from Covid levels.

convert

🙁 – Rubbish for all concerned.

I’d sadly not be pinning too many hopes seeing you bike/frame op. To the credit card company pronto if that’s how you paid.

supernova

Aw man, I was saving up for a Sherpa.

mashr

chakaping
    Free Member
    Oh no mate that’s rotten, for you and the staff there.

Not sure what happens in this type of situation, if they have the stock and orders to fulfill.

Do the orders get shipped as normal or is stock “frozen” to be sold off to pay off the bank, landlord etc?

If there is money sitting there (in the form of frames), the administrators will be keen to move them on and get the cash. There will be a delay as they take stock, but after that they aren’t likely to hang around. Part built frames may also get completed if most of the way through the process.

However . . . when you order a Stanton do you pay everything up front?

hatter

That is really crap, I loved their bikes and only recently cajoled a mate into getting one.

oldnpastit

That’s very sad. I have a gen 2 Stanton Sherpa which is really nice to ride.

brokenbanjo

Paid for up front on debit card. Bank have started the chargeback process and asked me to keep the emails I got on Friday saying delivery this week and the administration email. Holding no hope of getting the bike now, unfortunately. So pinning hopes on a successful chargeback. Back to the drawing board with a bike search it is…

It was a complete bike, full SLX with Pike Ultimate. Basically dream bike build. The staff had been great keeping me informed about what was going on until I got the email today. Sounds like they didn’t know Stanton entered administration on the 11th until yesterday. Gutting for them, hope they’re all coping alright.

chakaping
    Free Member

However . . . when you order a Stanton do you pay everything up front?

This is what I’m assuming from the OP.

And I fear the administrators will see the OP’s money (probably already gone) as one asset and his/her frame as a separate asset – to which other creditors will be given priority.

But maybe someone more knowledgeable can confirm?

spawnofyorkshire

Trading of the business is being continued, under the supervision of the joint administrators, whilst a buyer is sought for either the shares or the business and assets.

From that article posted by @kelvin
    There are several types of administration, in this case it looks like they’re trying to keep it as a going concern which should mean the OP’s order will be fulfilled.

Really sad news, I had a mk.2 Slackline and loved that bike.

xcgb
    Free Member

You can still place orders on their website!

brokenbanjo

Trading continuing but no obligation to honour orders prior to 11th November. So who knows if I’ll get the bike.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Stanton Bikes go in to administration’ is closed to new replies.