Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • stans sealant problems
  • showerman
    Free Member

why is it turning to bubblegum inside the tyre only been in for 4weeks, took tyre off as got a punture and it would not seal only to find one big lump of bubblegum??

spooky_b329

It does it with age, but if it gets a whiff of CO2 it goes off as well, so don’t use cartridges. I used to think it was OK to inflate to seal the bead with a cartridge and then deflate and re-inflate with a pump, but now I think its best to avoid CO2 altogether.

Spooky, that’s the first I’ve heard of CO2 problems with tubeless.
    Is that just your own experience, or is it common knowledge that I have somehow missed up to now ?

spooky_b329

I’ve seen it mentioned a few times on here and the advice on the Notubes forum appears to be the same.

showerman
    Free Member

oh 😯 use co2 all the time, funny you should say that as it is the rear tyre thats the problem and i can never make it seat unless i use co2 the front goes up with a track pump and that was nice and wet when i just took that tyre off??
    how long will it last in its bottle once open anyone know

spooky_b329

Seems to last indefinitely in the bottle. Just a good shake required before use and check the sediment has dissapeared at the bottom of the translucent strip on the bottle.

You could swap front and rear tyres at some point to try and work out if its a dodgy tyre that is causing the problem with sealing.

RealMan
    Free Member

Happens after a few months. Less if you don’t ride much I think.

I’m one of those people who have never had to use a cartridge or compressor in my life to do a tubeless job. And I’ve done a lot of tubeless jobs. Track pump is all you need.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

Terry – seat the tyre with co2 and then let it out, add sealent and pump up as normal

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘stans sealant problems’ is closed to new replies.